Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT STEAM!" thread.

by fastbilly1 Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:40 pm

Thats what I assumed Fragems. SR3 is a very unique coop experience and to me the best of the GTA like games. Why try to be serious? Get an EMU with the smallest wheels and outfit it with a booster. You can pinball up a staircase. We had alot of fun trying to get them ontop of buildings.

Though if Red Fraction Armageddon had coop, it would top it. Blowing up a building while everyone is chasing you through it is oddly satisfying.
Fragems
Next-Gen

by Fragems Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:47 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:Though if Red Fraction Armageddon had coop, it would top it. Blowing up a building while everyone is chasing you through it is oddly satisfying.

I still need to go back and play that. I tried twice on PC but the game basically broke towards the middle every time had a variety of bugs including certain areas filling the screen with screen with artifacts like crazy, randomly falling through the map, and nearly constant crashing :( .

I've got it on console so hopefully one day I will get back to playing it.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

by ExedExes Wed Feb 22, 2017 6:30 pm

fastbilly1 wrote:4 was supposed to be an expansion to 3 which is why I didnt buy it when it came out. But at $5, I will get my fun out of it.

SR3 was a month of fun I'll never forget, I got that on sale @ GOG. I played it to 100% takeover. But I added this one to my brand new IsThereAnyDeal.com waitlist and the very next day I was notified of a price drop.

I know 4's not gonna be nearly as good as 3, but I know it will still be fun. $5 fun is better than $20 fun.

Ain't nothing gonna top Professor Genki's Super Ethical Reality Climax. NOTHING.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:05 am

I am still a big fan of the experience of Saints Row 3, but they have outdone themselves with 4. It dials it up a notch and it is insane. The super powers do take away from stealing vehicles, but the game is still just as crazy. It may be the best version of super heroes in a video game that I have ever played.
marurun

by marurun Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:42 am

Completely agree. On SR4 you just feel powerful, and the mobility you have is just insane. And Insurance Fraud is STILL an absolute blast.
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BogusMeatFactory
Next-Gen

by BogusMeatFactory Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:46 am

fastbilly1 wrote:I am still a big fan of the experience of Saints Row 3, but they have outdone themselves with 4. It dials it up a notch and it is insane. The super powers do take away from stealing vehicles, but the game is still just as crazy. It may be the best version of super heroes in a video game that I have ever played.

Yeah vehicles aren't as important. In Gat Outta Hell the vehicles are downright broken, moving insanely slow and blowing up spontaneously. there is zero point in using them.
Ack wrote:I don't know, chief, the haunting feeling of lust I feel whenever I look at your avatar makes me think it's real.

-I am the idiot that likes to have fun and be happy.
marurun

by marurun Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:53 pm

Oh, but cars are SO much fun to blow up...
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:10 pm

dsheinem
Next-Gen

by dsheinem Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:32 pm

what are these?
BST|Writing|Music
"I hope in the upcoming months you'll find parties which conform to your expectations."
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:17 pm

Trilogy of platformers with a cute girl protagonist and "swinging" mechanics à la Bionic Commando. Crushingly difficult with some trippy aesthetics. These aren't PC exclusives. The first game was originally on Super Famicom, second game was originally on PSX (later ported to PSP and DS), and the third game was originally on 3DS (later ported to the Vita).

Note that these are the only English releases of the first two games. The third can also be found on the Nintendo eShop (3DS) under the title Yumi's Odd Oddyssey.
Return to Game Deals