Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: The ongoing "AWESOME DEAL AT STEAM!" thread.

by Tanooki Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:19 am

I feel the same way on both respects to that package. I've been using it for awhile in FREE mode on android and ios and they're fantastic. I'd love to buy the tables but the way they setup the pricing structure I just haven't bothered. Sure it's a dollar a table with the deal, but I wish they'd do some kind of bundles maybe by the decade or whatever as putting up that much on a digital rental all at once isn't for me especially since they don't unlock cross format on mobile. It's why I only buy pinball arcade stuff in seasons when they're 50-75% off.
emwearz
Next-Gen

by emwearz Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:57 pm

wclem wrote:If you plan on buying Witcher 3 on the steam sale make sure you look at the pricing. Unless I am mistaken, buying the bundle with all three games is actually 2.50 less than buying the Witcher 3 by itself. Even if you have the first two I would still buy the cheaper one. two bad you can not gift the extra copies if you do have one or two.

Steam "bundles" remove the price of games in the bundle you own, while keeping the bundle discount. So while the Witcher was $24.99, the bundle gave it an extra 10% off, my guess is that you own The Witcher 1 and 2 on Steam, thus they were removed but the 10% remained, making the price $22.49.

If you did not own the first two games in the series, the bundle would be priced differently, if you open the store page, in a private window, with you not logged in, the price should read $34.17.

http://store.steampowered.com/bundle/727/
wclem
Next-Gen

by wclem Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:58 am

I was not aware they removed the cost of the other games. I assumed they just charged for the pack and then disregarded the other games.

Does anyone else sell all of the digital trading cards? I find it funny as hell that people pay for what is basically nothing. I dunno, maybe you get a trophy or badge for them, but still, you get nothing in the end. Am I missing some great reason to collect these?
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
Ack

by Ack Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:32 am

dsheinem wrote:I feel like every third game on Steam lately is "a procedurally generated open world exploration game with RPG and survival elements". Ugh.

Here's a new one for you:

"Balrum is an old-school, hybrid turn-based, open world indie RPG with deep tactical combat."

Is that any better?
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
fastbilly1
Site Admin

by fastbilly1 Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:40 am

I sell my cards to complete the sets for the contests and games that I sunk alot of time into. All they do is give you levels to your steam account and bragging rights. The only benefit that I know to levels is that each level gives you five extra slots in your friendslist. Thats all well and good, but you start out with 300 slots at level 0*.

Honestly, I love how into this system some people are. Three years ago during the Christmas sale, I crafted the badge and got the TF2 item "Sack Fulla Smissmas" which I put on the market place immediately and got $40 or $45 for. Which went to pay for a four pack of something. This backfired last year when I got a common item that has been on the market for the last year for .03...

Honestly without dailies I am kinda nonplussed about this sale. No flashsales or timed things just meant I spent my money early and moved on. I have not even checked it for the last two days.

*If you have never spent money on the Steam store, your account is "unverified" and does not get levels and has something like 20 slots on the friendslist and you will be level 0 until you spend something like $5 USD in the store.
MrPopo

by MrPopo Tue Jun 28, 2016 9:47 am

I used to use the sale cards to fund getting cards for the games I play, but now that I have the 15 day hold (since I don't have an Android or iOS device) I can't even do that. So my sale dupes get turned into gems and eventually those will be boosters which I can sell. I've never actually spent real money on trading cards, just converting free drops into minor amounts of Steam wallet back into cards.
Games Beaten: 2015 2016 2017 2018
Blizzard Entertainment Software Developer - All comments and views are my own and not representative of the company.
Ack

by Ack Tue Jun 28, 2016 10:07 am

MrPopo wrote:I used to use the sale cards to fund getting cards for the games I play, but now that I have the 15 day hold (since I don't have an Android or iOS device) I can't even do that. So my sale dupes get turned into gems and eventually those will be boosters which I can sell. I've never actually spent real money on trading cards, just converting free drops into minor amounts of Steam wallet back into cards.

I also have the 15 day hold because I refuse to verify, so I just have a lot of crap sitting in my inventory that I will do nothing with.
I have a movie review website now: https://moviereviewsbyamook.com/
Tanooki
Next-Gen

by Tanooki Tue Jun 28, 2016 11:28 am

I've ignored those steam cards, but they do kind of happen doing stuff in games. I'd love to just get rid of the things but I don't see much of a benefit in common junk. Those are the badges right? Didn't know you could sell or trade the things.
Sarge
Next-Gen

by Sarge Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:12 pm

I have done similar things. The amount you get from selling cards is piddling, usually, and sometimes I'll use that money to buy other cards to complete a set for a game I love. I've never used real money to do so, though.

There's a reason card farming exists, though. If you're willing to idle a lot while doing other things, you can get a bunch and sell them. It just takes too much time for me, personally. My collection is big enough that I could get a lot of cards, but there are far more productive ways for me to spend my time once I'd have to put them all up for sale. :(
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

by BoneSnapDeez Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:06 pm

BoneSnapDeez wrote:I might sit this one out. My wallet has been thoroughly destroyed already by the GOG.com sale.

lol

I caved as I knew I would.

Got Atari Vault and Mushihimesama for $20. May revisit the sale this weekend.
Return to Game Deals