Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
mjmjr25

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by mjmjr25 »

s1mplehumar wrote:
Bradtemple87 wrote:My recent ebay purchase just arrived straight from Japan. I now own, in my opinion, the very best Neo Geo game. The picture speaks for itself:

Yeah, but how much?

My detectivation skillz say $510 plus ship :wink:
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

Well, my find is no $500 AES game, but I was still happy to snatch em up.

s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

mjmjr25 wrote:
s1mplehumar wrote:
Bradtemple87 wrote:My recent ebay purchase just arrived straight from Japan. I now own, in my opinion, the very best Neo Geo game. The picture speaks for itself:

Yeah, but how much?

My detectivation skillz say $510 plus ship :wink:

That was my ballpark guess. I can spend $120 or so on individual games all day long, but $500 for one! :shock:

Enjoy it, Brad! That's some braggin' rights there. 8)
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

Post by Bradtemple87 »

s1mplehumar wrote:Enjoy it, Brad! That's some braggin' rights there. 8)

I definitely plan to! mjmjr25 understands because he has invested in the arcade side of gaming when you cross the line from hobby to investment. Things get expensive quickly. If you think this was a big drop of cash, just wait and see what I would do for a Capcom Mini Cute cab! :x

The copy I picked up looks brand new.
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
Lodestar
128-bit

Post by Lodestar »

So, how much? :?
If you like retro games, come hang out on my stream! http://www.twitch.tv/lodey
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/Renulph
god
64-bit

Post by god »

vlame wrote:
god wrote:
I've seen Gameboy Color games at my local Kmart. At a Rat Shack in Venice, FL, I saw N64 accessories like Rumble Packs.

Until about a year ago there was a little game shop accross from where I work that had heaps of new N64 games for their original retail prices. I loved looking through them but there was no way I was springing for any of them.

some could have been worth some money...

Some probably would have been, but it was an independent store whose prices would have been highly inflated when they went on the shelves. Even if i could have turned a profit, the outlay was to high for me at the time to take the risk, sadly.

Also, recently got SMB3 w/ Mario Bros Advance 4, GBA, $5.00; and Mad Catz dreamcast gun $5.00. Did some research and it seems the Mad Catz one is the official dreamcast gun in America, since sega decided not to release an official one in the wake of th Columbine massacre. You probably all know that but it was news to me. Its the same gun but with no official logos on it.
Big Zenny Hustler
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Found a yard sale advertised on Craigslist that said "VINTAGE VIDEOGAMES". I was optimistic given the normal age of people that would use craigslist and the word "vintage" (we're not talking PS2 Sports games here) and boy was I right.

I got there a little after 9 thanks to some construction, and there was already a guy my age there looking at the vintage games (crap). I walked up and there are huge cardboard boxes full of NES titles. The other guy already had his own box with a bunch of stuff (I think he bought $125 worth) - with the best being GI Joe but there was still plenty for me.

The seller was a collector at one time (would have 5 copies of the same commons) and had a price sheet but was really fair imo. He noted the Turtles games and Castlevania III as the pricier ones in my group, then said the rest would be a dollar, and then we agreed on the whole lot for a price that didn't compute at all with what he was calculating. Huzzah.

I got the following for $30:

NES Advantage Stick (cleaned it up, looks fine)
Bionic Commando
Strider
Duck Tales
Captain America and the Avengers
Life Force
Gradius
Turtles
Turtles II
Turtles III Manhattan Project
Star Tropics
Battle of Olympus
Castlevania III
Bo Jackson Baseball
John Elway's Quarterback
Arch Rivals
10 Yard Fight
Ice Hockey
Bases Loaded II
Tecmo Baseball
Dr. Mario
Yoshi's Cookie
NES Open Tournament Golf
Bill Elliott's Nascar Challenge
Baseball
Marble Madness
WCW Wrestling

The sports ones are commons I either had bad copies of or just never held onto - outside of Bo Jackson Baseball by Data East which is a little obscure. Also wanted to do some website giveaways so grabbed another WCW Wrestling.
Attachments
neslot.JPG
neslot.JPG (224.84 KiB) Viewed 819 times
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

^Nice lot. That would cost dang near $30 just to ship :wink:
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Huh?
That doesn't look like Windjammers/FPD... :? That isn't even Twinkle Star Sprites...

Still, cool. I've only ever owned Garou: MotW on the DC. It's a cool looking fighter for sure. Those later AES games are stupidly expensive. Looks like your copy is in great shape, as all later AES games ought to be!
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

^I don't even have an AES anymore, and I still want: (as a collector and fan of both games mind you)

Twinkle Star Sprites
Mark of the Wolves

Both superb games, gorgeous art and highly collectible.

MVS versions can be had for about 20% the AES versions, but just not as pretty 8)