Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
shateredsoul
24-bit

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by shateredsoul Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:47 pm

Got a ps2 w network adapter and hdd, one control and in great condition . $20 , does anyone know why the network adapter is still sought out? Can you play games online?
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:54 pm

shateredsoul wrote:Got a ps2 w network adapter and hdd, one control and in great condition . $20 , does anyone know why the network adapter is still sought out? Can you play games online?

Maybe have games in the HDD
No online, for HDAdvance/HDLoader. Install PS2 games to an internal hard drive. :D
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:00 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
shateredsoul wrote:Got a ps2 w network adapter and hdd, one control and in great condition . $20 , does anyone know why the network adapter is still sought out? Can you play games online?

Maybe have games in the HDD
No online, for HDAdvance/HDLoader. Install PS2 games to an internal hard drive. :D

Which is totally fuckin' awesome!...

No loading screens... 8)

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:03 pm

@CRT, I've never heard of that MGS version.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:25 pm

noiseredux wrote:@CRT, I've never heard of that MGS version.

its from a 3 pack bundle that came out a few years ago.

I think that this was the last official playstation game to come out.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:04 pm

flojocabron wrote:
noiseredux wrote:@CRT, I've never heard of that MGS version.
its from a 3 pack bundle that came out a few years ago.

I think that this was the last official playstation game to come out.
You might be right, the Manual shows the white PSOne in the instructions. I wonder how many PS1 games have the PSOne referenced in the manual? This is the only PS1 game in a PS2 case I know of packaged as part of a collection with PS2 games.

I updated the PS2 Special Editions Guide.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CFFJR
Next-Gen

by CFFJR Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:13 pm

I have that Metal Gear collection.

I still haven't beaten MGS 2 and 3 though.
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:16 pm

funny I've seen that collection but never dawned on me that MGS was a PS1 game being packaged in a PS2 case. That's really cool.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:22 pm

Are bootlegs valuable?
Not in a money sense but unique convenient game play. Tap reset to try a different game. I'm amazed there is more interest in PS1 DVD case Metal Gear then that uncommon NES bootleg cart. I know its a bootleg, but all the games and speedup hacks not emulated but playable with a real NES controller.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:25 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:I'm amazed there is more interest in PS1 DVD case Metal Gear then that uncommon NES bootleg cart. I know its a bootleg, but all the games and speedup hacks not emulated but playable with a real NES controller.

What makes MGS1 in a PS2 case interesting was the fact that it came out in 2008, long after everything good for PS1 had ceased production. An NES bootleg cart just doesn't compare, novelty-wise.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Return to Game Deals