Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by emwearz Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:18 pm

Are you sure? The whole reason 1st party cables cost so much is that there was a chip in the plug which made it overtly hard for cheap companies to make knock off cables.
coastercrazy10
64-bit

by coastercrazy10 Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:26 pm

I was tired at the time so I may be mistaken, but it definitely seemed to be a 3rd party component cable. I'll have a look when I'm back home to verify.

-Ben
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:36 pm

coastercrazy10 wrote:I was tired at the time so I may be mistaken, but it definitely seemed to be a 3rd party component cable. I'll have a look when I'm back home to verify.

-Ben

I'm curious about this, though not optimistic. Maybe that cable is this one? Gamestop used to sell a multi system octopus component cable that included the the PS2, XBox and Gamecube. Though not stated on the package, turns out to be just composite for the GC.

emwearz and hobie are right, Nintendo had a proprietary chip in the official Gamecube Component cable converting the digital out back to analog. Why couldn't the GC digital port be a HDMI connection!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

sevdustflyer
8-bit

by sevdustflyer Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 pm

From Half.com

Demon's Crest - $15 - Couldn't pass it up at that price, promptly placed it in my SNES next to it's older brother in my top-loader NES (which I just finished today).

Flea Market:

Mario Paint - $30 - Has everything except the manual for the mouse and the tray that organizes everything in the box.
AznKhmerBoi
Next-Gen

by AznKhmerBoi Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:42 pm

@ sevdustflyer great find bro definilty gonna try to hunt down demon crest for my collection as well.
DsLite Wii 3DS PS3fatYLOD GenesisModel1 SegaSaturnDreamcast SNES NES Ps1 N64 WiiU "black" PS4
NintendoSwitch(GreyCons)GBA SP 101 (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (Blue) (Spongbob Model)Gameboy Color (LimeGreen) (Spongbob Model)Xbox One (OriginalFatRelease)

PSN- jacktsang05
WiiU- jacktsang05

Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:31 pm

Sometimes I love Mondays. I got up earlier than usual today so I went by the thrift store earlier today than I usually do and found four Game Gear games in cases hidden under a pile of Madden Xbox games. They had electronic stuff for half off so I got them for $1 each:
Sonic
Mortal Kombat
G Loc
Revenge of Drancon

After I left work I figured, what the heck, I'll go by again since this thrift store puts new stuff out throughout the day. Glad I did too:
4 X-Men Hyper Scan Cards - Free! (I guess they like me. I don't collect them or anything. They were just back in the electronics section and I thought they looked cool.)
Official PS1 AV cables/power cord $1
Official Xbox AV cable $0.50
Dreamcast controller $0.50
Power Player control $0.50
SNES with RF switch and no power cord $2
Gamecube with power cord and memory card but no AV cables $5

The coolest thing about my little trip? The nice lady behind the counter who knows me and is always in there when I am said, "So I guess you like video games." I'm like, "Of course. I love them. And I'd be willing to take anything you get game related off your hands." She goes, "Well great, I guess I'll just put a box with your name on it in the back." :shock: I'm not sure, but I really hope she wasn't kidding, cause it would be supper cool if they started holding things for me. I shall cross my fingers :mrgreen:

The Power Player apparently matches the Famiclone gun I found earlier. Now I just need the N64 knockoff controller and I'll have the whole set. Source/Visual aid: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Player_Super_Joy_III . I'm thrilled about the Gamecube though. Now I just need a Game Boy Player and I'll be all set :D
DSC06463.jpg
DSC06463.jpg (183.36 KiB) Viewed 590 times
Mechblue
128-bit

by Mechblue Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:00 pm

pays to have a good relationship with the local Play N' Trade.

Out of the blue one of the managers gave me a sealed copy of Spyro: Year of the Dragon and then pulled out a CD book of disc w/manual dreamcast games and said I could just take whatever and he was just going to sell the rest. I nabbed the following out of the case:

Sonic Adventure 2 Demo
Sonic Shuffle
Namco Museum
Who Wants to Beat Up a Millionaire (got it to try it out)
Speed Devils

I'm sure I could have taken the whole book of games but I didn't want to be greedy, let some other Dreamcast fans get a few games. There wasn't much else in there of value anyways.
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:01 pm

Nineteenth flea market of the year...

N64 console + controller + cables + 3 loose games €7
- NBA Jam 2000
- Donald Cou@k Att@k?! (french version)
- Mortal Kombat Mythologies Sub-Zero
NES Kid Icarus (loose) €1,50
NES SMB / Duck Hunt (loose) €1,50
NES Super Mario Bros 2 (loose) €1,50
NES Super Mario Bros 3 (loose) €1,50
GBA Robotech The Macross Saga €2
GBA Ace Combat Advance (loose) €1
GBA Need For Speed Carbon (loose) FREE
NDS MarioKart DS (loose) €2
GC Eggo Mania €3
GC Shadow the Hedgehog €3
GC Vexx €3
GC Pikmin 2 (french version) €4
GC Battalion Wars NTSC/US €4
GC Sonic Gems Collection €2,50
GC Ty the Tasmanian Tiger €1
PS1 Time Crisis Project Titan (platinum) €2
PS1 2Xtreme €1
PS1 ASCIIWARE controller €1
PS2 Final Fantasy X (platinum) €1
PS2 Evil Twin €1
PS3 Resistance 2 €5
Xbox Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 Bush Rescue €1
PC Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars Kane Edition €1
PC Silent Hill 2 Director's Cut €0,50
Music DVD Orbital The Altogether 5.1 €1
DVD Lain €3
BRD Braveheart €3,75
BRD Zombieland €3,75
BRD Inception €3,75
BRD Terminator Salvation €3,75

Power Station 64 + second controller and gun €1
--> Anyone know more about this?... It's got a cartridge slot in the back, but I can't seem to figure out what cartridges could fit in it. The second PS1 style controller plugs in the back of the first N64 style controller, as does the gun. The gun has a lot of non-functioning buttons on it, one of them being for Guncon compatibility. None of the buttons are connected to anything though. Weird shit I tell you... :?

And last but certainly not least, a DEWALT miter / table saw combi for €125 !!!
--> Not directly games related, but this will come in very handy for making arcade sticks. And it's a fuckin' DEWALT !!! Best buy today by far!... :D

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:46 am

Michi wrote:Power Player control $0.50

The Power Player apparently matches the Famiclone gun I found earlier. Now I just need the N64 knockoff controller and I'll have the whole set. Source/Visual aid: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_Player_Super_Joy_III .

Can you post a pic of the connector end of the 2nd player controller for the Superjoy and also a pic of the Lightgun again? I have the "main console" which looks like a N64 controller with a Famicom slot underneath. Bought it for a buck, not for sell, looking for the other two pieces.

Here is some more info on the Superjoy III: viewtopic.php?p=460309#p460309
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Hateshinai
128-bit

by Hateshinai Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:31 pm

Pal 3DS Ridge Racer and Pilotwings CIB in perfect condition. 10 euro each. They cost about 40 euros each locally.
Mostly harmless
Return to Game Deals