Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
User avatar
BRIK
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1447
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 am
Location: Perth, Australia

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by BRIK Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:49 am

Balasubbie wrote:Gotta love that gap between a system's lifespan ending and it becoming a retro machine, or the proper bargain phase, as it's known.


PS2 is a retro machine now? O.o
I must be getting old...
Retro Game On << Please check out my retro gaming blog. Includes reviews, news, articles, videos and just plain awesomeness.

Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.

Breaking Into The Industry <<Also my development blog (with video game related posts)
cookie monster
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: In your closet hiding

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by cookie monster Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:01 am

Hit a thrift store today and got a box with 3 atari 2600's in it with 9 controllers and 4 ac cords for 10.00 along with complete copys of leathal enforcers 1&2 for ps1 and a complete copy of crypt killer ps1 :D
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by CRTGAMER Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:03 am

cookie monster wrote:Hit a thrift store today and got a box with 3 atari 2600's in it with 9 controllers and 4 ac cords for 10.00 along with complete copys of leathal enforcers 1&2 for ps1 and a complete copy of crypt killer ps1 :D
:shock: Great find! Oh you gotta post a pick, any woodys?
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
cookie monster
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 1045
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:20 pm
Location: In your closet hiding

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by cookie monster Tue Mar 29, 2011 10:42 am

2 of them are woodies and the other one is the darth vader black i want to clean them before i take pictures they are kinda dusty



CRTGAMER wrote:
cookie monster wrote:Hit a thrift store today and got a box with 3 atari 2600's in it with 9 controllers and 4 ac cords for 10.00 along with complete copys of leathal enforcers 1&2 for ps1 and a complete copy of crypt killer ps1 :D
:shock: Great find! Oh you gotta post a pick, any woodys?
User avatar
Balasubbie
128-bit
 
Posts: 605
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:15 am

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Balasubbie Tue Mar 29, 2011 3:13 pm

BRIK wrote:
Balasubbie wrote:Gotta love that gap between a system's lifespan ending and it becoming a retro machine, or the proper bargain phase, as it's known.


PS2 is a retro machine now? O.o
I must be getting old...


Nope, it's in the gap between its lifespan ending but before it becomes
a retro, nostalgic commodity. Hence, alot of the good stuff is still cheap.
User avatar
coastercrazy10
64-bit
 
Posts: 426
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:27 pm
Location: Downers Grove, IL

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by coastercrazy10 Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:06 pm

Balasubbie wrote:
BRIK wrote:
Balasubbie wrote:Gotta love that gap between a system's lifespan ending and it becoming a retro machine, or the proper bargain phase, as it's known.


PS2 is a retro machine now? O.o
I must be getting old...


Nope, it's in the gap between its lifespan ending but before it becomes
a retro, nostalgic commodity. Hence, alot of the good stuff is still cheap.

I believe it is considered a "neo-classical" machine since it's previous-gen. I've heard that somewhere and it's better than calling it retro lol.

-Ben
User avatar
timewarpgamer
64-bit
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Planet Funkotron

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by timewarpgamer Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:37 pm

This isn't the best deal every, but considering everything is complete and in great condition I think it's pretty rad. A guy at work sold me...

Contra Hard Corps (usually goes for around $40 on eBay)
Sonic 3
Vectorman 2
Quackshot

...for $30.
I run the 8/16-bit retro site TimeWarpGamer and if you want to follow the latest updates, check me out on Twitter.
User avatar
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4829
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:18 pm
Location: Bay Area

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Bradtemple87 Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:11 pm

timewarpgamer wrote:This isn't the best deal every, but considering everything is complete and in great condition I think it's pretty rad. A guy at work sold me...

Contra Hard Corps (usually goes for around $40 on eBay)
Sonic 3
Vectorman 2
Quackshot

...for $30.


Quackshot is one of my favorite genesis platformers!
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
mjmjr25
 

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by mjmjr25 Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:16 pm

timewarpgamer wrote:This isn't the best deal every, but considering everything is complete and in great condition I think it's pretty rad. A guy at work sold me...

Contra Hard Corps (usually goes for around $40 on eBay)
Sonic 3
Vectorman 2
Quackshot

...for $30.


For $30 all complete, you did well. Nice haul 8)
User avatar
timewarpgamer
64-bit
 
Posts: 363
Joined: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Planet Funkotron

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by timewarpgamer Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:32 pm

Thanks, guys. I was a little bummed, though, that Vectorman 2 and Contra come in those flimsy box cases rather than the nice solid clamshell ones used for most titles.

Yeah, Quackshot is excellent--already on my greatest Mega Drive games list.
I run the 8/16-bit retro site TimeWarpGamer and if you want to follow the latest updates, check me out on Twitter.
Return to Game Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests