Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Weekend_Warrior Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:17 pm

Nothing big again today. But had a few nice grabs. Better than yesterday, I think

DT Racer (PS2) *MINT* - $2
MLB 07 The Show (PS2) *MINT* - $2
Eternal Champions (Genesis) *Complete* - $4
Street Fighter 15th Anniversary, M. Bison Fightpad (Xbox) *Like New* - $5
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
Bradtemple87
Next-Gen

by Bradtemple87 Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:47 am

Got a few things from Apolloboy and Seven at the meetup today

Super Ghouls and Ghosts
Ghosts and Goblins
Dinoland
Sagaia
Match of the Millenium
MY Sale/Trade Thread
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=27739
RXRob
16-bit

by RXRob Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:43 am

Dreamcast with 2 controllers, 2 VMU's, Power Stone, Power Stone 2, Zombie Revenge, Grandia 2, Chu Chu Rocket, Chef's Luv Shack, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Silver, Crazy Taxi, Evolution, RE: Code Veronica, Virtua Fighter 3TB, F355 Challenge, DreamKey, Worms, Armageddon, House of The Dead 2, Toy Commander, Sonic Adventure
PLUS
Backbreaker and NFL Tour for X360

£50 delivered from a friend who's clearing out the cupboards. God I love my friends :)
Currently playing: Skies of Arcadia, Mass Effect 2, Backbreaker

Consoles Owned: XBox 360, Gamecube, Playstation 2, Dreamcast, Saturn, N64, N64DD, PSone, XBox, Game Boy Advance SP, Gameboy Pocket, Game Gear.
Balasubbie
128-bit

by Balasubbie Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:54 am

I know someone who works in a charity shop. Long story short, free GBA SP. Huzzah and merriment to be had all round. Now, hunting out a copy of SFII Turbo Revival and snooping out a flashcart for some fan-translated related fun.
da66en
16-bit

by da66en Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:56 am

Steel Battalion with controller - $50

Also a bunch of stuff at the Midwest Gaming Convention, but at average prices.
WTB: 2600 Solar Fox, Solaris, HERO 7800 Space Duel XBox Ninja Gaiden Black Genesis/CD Shadowrun DC KOF 98 Disc only, Powerstone 2 SNES Shadowrun
BRIK
Next-Gen

by BRIK Sun Mar 27, 2011 9:58 am

Got Doom: Collectors Edition for $5 from a garage sale. The guy there was trying to get rid of his games so he gave me the original FEAR for free! :D
Retro Game On << Please check out my retro gaming blog. Includes reviews, news, articles, videos and just plain awesomeness.

Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.

Breaking Into The Industry <<Also my development blog (with video game related posts)
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

by YoshiEgg25 Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:07 pm

da66en wrote:Steel Battalion with controller - $50

Also a bunch of stuff at the Midwest Gaming Convention, but at average prices.

That's ridiculous, dude. Awesome score.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

by optmusprimenumber Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:42 pm

RXRob wrote:Dreamcast with 2 controllers, 2 VMU's, Power Stone, Power Stone 2, Zombie Revenge, Grandia 2, Chu Chu Rocket, Chef's Luv Shack, Skies of Arcadia, Shenmue, Silver, Crazy Taxi, Evolution, RE: Code Veronica, Virtua Fighter 3TB, F355 Challenge, DreamKey, Worms, Armageddon, House of The Dead 2, Toy Commander, Sonic Adventure
PLUS
Backbreaker and NFL Tour for X360

£50 delivered from a friend who's clearing out the cupboards. God I love my friends :)

:shock: nice haul man! euros to dollars converter says that's like 70 bucks, definitely a nice haul
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

by elmagicochrisg Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:23 pm

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:25 pm

Another Gamestop run, another three. :D

PS2 Rayman 3 - $2.99
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/rayman-3-hoodlum-havoc/21337
An oldie, I have Rayman 2 on the Dreamcast. A great 3d explore type of game, now have a version for the PS2 to augment Rayman Arena. A purchased Ubisoft game I can install to the internal Hard Drive without online authentication, Bah Wa Ha Ha Ha! I love the PS2! :wink:
Gamestop Haul 03-26-2011a.jpg

PS2 S.L.A.I. Steel Lancer Arena international - $2.99
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/slai-steel-lancer-arena-international/36575
I remember JT mentioning this one along with another mech game, R.A.D. Robot Alchemic Drive. What is it with Mech games and the freeken name that is so hard to remember?! I kept thinking the game was called Slat or Slar, I mean look at the cover title below. S.L.A.I. reminds me of the Armored Core series. This one also has Network online capabilities. I really have to start looking into a Lan type of setup with my other both my PS2s. Oh, and if you don't have R.A.D. yet, its a great game.
Gamestop Haul 03-26-2011b.jpg

PS2 Activision Anthology - $5.99
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/activision-anthology/23623
Acquired another 2600 to supplement my Atari Anthology of 2600 games along with Intellivision Lives games of the era. Just like the Capcom Classics I mentioned the other day, I passed by on this one a few times. Same reason, already have all this emulated on multiple systems, even have some of the original carts such as Demon Attack and Laser Blast. So why buy this one? There are bonus TV Commercials and Jacket Patches to unlock. An easy swap of game carts right off the spinning rack on the screen and virtual Instruction Booklets available to read. Definitely one of the better organized layouts compared to other Retro compilations!

Image Image Image

But the real kick is the licensed 80s music by the original Artists to add to the nostalgia. Change "Radio" stations in the boom box that is on the screen for different songs. I am shooting the birds in Demon Attack with Safety Dance playing in the background! :shock: :D
Activision wrote:http://investor.activision.com/releasedetail.cfm?releaseid=150108

Activision Anthology also includes a rockin' soundtrack that boasts top hits of the decade such as Soft Cell's "Tainted Love", Blondie's "The Tide Is High", Twisted Sister's "We're Not Gonna Take It", A-Ha's "Take on Me", Men Without Hats' "Safety Dance", Squeeze's "Pulling Mussels (From The Shell)" and more.
A great music compilation. I may have to burn a CD of these songs!

Remember playing the 2600 games with the original ridged handle bubble switch CX stick? The dreaded wrist cramp from holding that base, 7800 sticks have the same problem. I have Genesis Pad Controllers which work like a charm, but I also like the Wico Bat Handles. I always wanted to try some of the older 2600 games with a large solid base stick such as the PSX Blaze Twin Shock. The pull stick and shoot of Laser Blast will be gained from this. A shame Parker Brothers Empire Strikes Back is not there. But another "Defender with Radar" game is. Okay now where is that Chopper Command or even better maybe I have a fair chance at Decatholon !! 8)

Rayman 3 and Activision Anthology run fine with HDAdvance.
Steel Lancer works great after disabling Network with HDLoader 8b+
:mrgreen:

Da Activision Anthology list:
Wiki wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Activision_Anthology

Barnstorming
Baseball (originally titled Pete Rose Baseball)
Beamrider
Boxing
Bridge
Checkers
Chopper Command
Commando
Cosmic Commuter
Crackpots
Decathlon
Dolphin
Dragster
Enduro
Fishing Derby
Freeway
Frostbite
Grand Prix
H.E.R.O.
Ice Hockey
Kabobber (previously unreleased)
Kaboom!
Keystone Kapers
Laser Blast
Megamania
Oink!
Pitfall!
Pitfall II: Lost Caverns
Plaque Attack
Pressure Cooker
Private Eye
River Raid
River Raid II
Robot Tank
Seaquest
Skateboardin'
Skiing
Sky Jinks
Space Shuttle
Spider Fighter
Stampede
Starmaster
Tennis
Thwocker (previously unreleased)
Title Match
Tomcat F14
Venetian Blinds

Imagic titles:
Atlantis
Demon Attack
Moonsweeper
Gamestop Haul 03-26-2011c.jpg

In anticipation of the GBA marathon run sale, I have been inputting all the phone numbers and address to all Gamestops in a fifty mile radius to my cell phone. Hoo boy, its going to be a drive back and forth fun event :lol:
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Game Deals