Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by CRTGAMER Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:47 pm

GamerMON wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Say, did anyone buy the three dollar Splitfish EdgeFX I posted a few pages back?

Get yours at Gamestop, NEW FOR $2.99!
Well yes actually. I picked it up today. Do you happen to have a list of compatible games or are the ones you listed when first got it the only ones you know definitely?
The EdgeFX is designed for FPS, the sensor mouse emulates the right analog stick. Any game that uses the right analog stick for look or view function works out fine.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

lisalover1
Next-Gen

by lisalover1 Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:03 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
GamerMON wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:Say, did anyone buy the three dollar Splitfish EdgeFX I posted a few pages back?

Get yours at Gamestop, NEW FOR $2.99!
Well yes actually. I picked it up today. Do you happen to have a list of compatible games or are the ones you listed when first got it the only ones you know definitely?
The EdgeFX is designed for FPS, the sensor mouse emulates the right analog stick. Any game that uses the right analog stick for look or view function works out fine.

I went to the page to get one, but they're all sold out. :(
~My name's Vicky, by the way!~ ^_^
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:26 pm

lisalover1 wrote:I went to the page to get one, but they're all sold out. :(
It will say Not Available but that's for ordering online.

Click that little text on the bottom right. Then find a nearby store.

" Want it in a hurry? Check Availabilty "

You may just get lucky, but don't call to let the Employee think about a self purchase.
Attachments
EdgeFX.JPG
EdgeFX.JPG (90.69 KiB) Viewed 701 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:46 pm

CRTGAMER wrote:
lisalover1 wrote:I went to the page to get one, but they're all sold out. :(
It will say Not Available but that's for ordering online.

Click that little text on the bottom right. Then find a nearby store.

" Want it in a hurry? Check Availabilty "

You may just get lucky, but don't call to let the Employee think about a self purchase.

:lol: I'm sorry, but no employee's gonna self purchase that thing.

The bad reviews for it explained it all. Not to mention the rash of returns at my own store. Horrid response times, jerky mouse, wonky sensitivity, annoying as hell lap mounted contraption it all sits on, the list goes on and on. It's cheaply manufactured and shows in the quality of it's build and the feel of it's plastic. Not to mention that in all the games supported by it officially there's a featured USB mouse and keyboard function as well so you can actually use the interface this is trying haphazardly to imitate.

Also the sheer fact that it's only three dollars is one of the major factors here. Any employee worth his salt at any store knows that 90% of the stuff that goes from $50 to $3 isn't gonna be worth it most of the time.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great novelty. Just do not expect anything good from it after the "Wow, it's like I'm gaming on a PC!" factor wears off in five minutes.

In the end it's all a matter of control preference VS game design. Console games just aren't designed with that kind of control in mind for the PS3 and 360 unless they specifically have the feature built in and even then it's a bit of a headache given a place to actually put the real mouse and keyboard comfortably.

So, unless you have a table or desk nearby just use a controller.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:04 pm

Have you tried it? I have two and love this PS2 controller!

Problem is a many don't take the time or read instructions.

No table needed, place the board on your lap as a "kneeboard", then kick back on the couch and enjoy a mouse driven FPS on a game console. Of course the speed is not up there as a regular mouse, limited by the speed setting of the Analog stick. Here is the fix. Set the right analog sensitivity to max in a given game setting screen. Control the speed with the left "Nunchuck" Dial or Focus button, your choice.

SplitFish makes some crazy innovative controllers, a departure from the norm. I also like their PS2 Tilt Sensor posted earlier. Most gamers may be turned off by the different type of control. But for three bucks, worth the effort to at least give it a go. I see it as a new form to play the game.

flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:57 pm

had another good day!

Pokemon Crystal GBC $3.00

Colony Wars PS1 complete in case and manual $2.00

box full of magic the gathering cards 25 packs unopened! $5.00

A sega genesis version one with controller and with Joe montana football for $3.00!!!!!

7 vols of different manga! $2.00 each totaling $14.00 some were still new wrapped in plastic!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:28 pm

It's not that much of a find, but I just bought a CIB copy of Last Resort for the AES for $99 shipped. It's in pretty good condition too, it's still got the baggie and the manual looks like it's never been cracked open.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:05 am

CRTGAMER wrote:Have you tried it? I have two and love this PS2 controller!

Problem is a many don't take the time or read instructions.

No table needed, place the board on your lap as a "kneeboard", then kick back on the couch and enjoy a mouse driven FPS on a game console. Of course the speed is not up there as a regular mouse, limited by the speed setting of the Analog stick. Here is the fix. Set the right analog sensitivity to max in a given game setting screen. Control the speed with the left "Nunchuck" Dial or Focus button, your choice.

SplitFish makes some crazy innovative controllers, a departure from the norm. I also like their PS2 Tilt Sensor posted earlier. Most gamers may be turned off by the different type of control. But for three bucks, worth the effort to at least give it a go. I see it as a new form to play the game.

Don't call me impatient or ignorant of reading the manual. It's honestly just not a good product.

I had their MotionFX and EdgeFXcontrollers for a while back when they launched in the spring of 2007 and they were cheap crap.

No matter how much of a good deal something is doesn't mean it's a good product. It's a junky peripheral for the reasons I mentioned before and my opinion stands given personal experience with both. Yeah, they work. But I'll take smooth and accurate controls over laggy, jerky, unresponsive ones anyday.

Not to mention the sensitivity adjustment isn't going to do anything but make it either too fast or too slow in terms of reaction time.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:56 am

Got a NES arkanoid controller (plus SMB, Anticipation, and Remote Control carts) for $15 shipped. I had to do a minor fix and clean on the controller, but it works great. Unfortunately I still suck at Arkanoid. :lol:
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:23 am

Hobie-wan wrote:Got a NES arkanoid controller (plus SMB, Anticipation, and Remote Control carts) for $15 shipped. I had to do a minor fix and clean on the controller, but it works great. Unfortunately I still suck at Arkanoid. :lol:

Ah sweet, it came in finally!

How's the spinner on that Arkaanoid paddle, did it need regreasing?
My Consoles:

Return to Game Deals