Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Espio 1919
24-bit

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Espio 1919 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:02 am

Thank you for the welcome!

I had taken a step back for a while in terms of actively seeking out older games, but recently I caught the bug again. I'm not planning to complete full collections or anything, but I'm going to pick up my game hunting a little more now.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

by wip3outguy7 Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:40 pm

Stopped into a local game store yesterday and this was buried under a pile of junk behind the counter:

$14.99 :mrgreen:

It needs a little TLC, though. The plate on top is rusting under the label. Going to try to sand it down and repaint it or replace it all-together with plexi. The internals and bottom plate are fine. The stick and buttons function like new.
Last edited by wip3outguy7 on Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Dec 07, 2010 3:41 pm

Espio 1919 wrote:Thank you for the welcome!

I assume your avatar feels slightly threatened around mine. That's to be expected. :)
Espio 1919
24-bit

by Espio 1919 Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:37 pm

I can't tell at the moment, as I cannot see your avatar on this page.

Edit: Nevermind, it's visible now.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Josh
64-bit

by Josh Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:48 pm

Best girlfriend ever, gave me Zelda: Collector's Edition for the Gamecube. It's only missing the manual and the disc needs a bit of cleaning but otherwise, best day ever so far.
Collects promo gaming stuff, certain import games, hockey memorabilia, and other oddball things. (sig and avy under construction)
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

by jmbarnes101 Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Josh wrote:Best girlfriend ever, gave me Zelda: Collector's Edition for the Gamecube. It's only missing the manual and the disc needs a bit of cleaning but otherwise, best day ever so far.

Sounds like a keeper. Don't let the other guys know she did that or they may try to steal her.
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=14867&p=149112#p149112

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), Gamecube (Pokemon, Purple JPN modded), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega CDX, Saturn, Dreamcast, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x)
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

by sevin0seven Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:49 pm

just got back from Target and got this from the clearance bin:

$9.98!

the cashier lady even asked for my ID :lol:
Visit my store: sevin0seven Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:54 am

y'know, i went to target the other day and they had sin & punishment and red steel 2, and borderlands for 360, all on clearance but at much higher prices than you guys have found. kind of a bummer.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:01 am

aaron wrote:y'know, i went to target the other day and they had sin & punishment and red steel 2, and borderlands for 360, all on clearance but at much higher prices than you guys have found. kind of a bummer.

If it makes you feel better, every time someone announces they found something cool in their Target clearance I never even see those games there. :P

I did get Protoype for PC cheap a while back though.
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

by s1mplehumar Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:33 am

aaron wrote:y'know, i went to target the other day and they had sin & punishment and red steel 2, and borderlands for 360, all on clearance but at much higher prices than you guys have found. kind of a bummer.

Hobie-wan wrote:
If it makes you feel better, every time someone announces they found something cool in their Target clearance I never even see those games there. :P

I did get Protoype for PC cheap a while back though.

Let me know if you guys have specific requests. I routinely grab top tier stuff from Target when games are clearanced to the max, e.g. Sin and Punishment @ $12. I'd say 30% of my monthly gaming dollars go towards Target clearances. Getting in on last sticker clearances is really a matter of availability, and how often the dept. price leader applies discounts. Some stores take the better part of 2-3 months to get down to 70% off (provided they last that long), others take about 2 weeks, it really just depends on your local Target.

Also, it probably helps that I stop at Target 2-3 times a week on the way home from work :lol:
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
Return to Game Deals