Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12298
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Ziggy587 Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:13 pm

As far as I can tell, there are no outward differences. You CAN tell by the weight, but I wouldn't rely on that alone. It weighs just under an once more with the adapter inside. But you can tell by looking at the pins. Comparing the weight to another cart just confirms it.
Image
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by CRTGAMER Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:32 pm

Thanks! Good to know about the weight comparison.
I read somewhere about center of gravity finger balance trick.
A great find!
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
User avatar
Octopod
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2654
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Octopod Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:27 pm

I bought a nice copy of Ikaruga for GC for $19. ?Not sure if that is a deal or not but I know it used to go for more. I also have Ikaruga on XBLA but now I have a hard copy.
User avatar
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2183
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 9:59 am
Location: Street Fighter Alpha 2 and 3

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by EvilRyu2099 Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:00 pm

Octopod wrote:I bought a nice copy of Ikaruga for GC for $19. ?Not sure if that is a deal or not but I know it used to go for more. I also have Ikaruga on XBLA but now I have a hard copy.

It really pisses me off that PSN hasn't released Ikaruga yet and probably won't
Image
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38020
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by noiseredux Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:33 pm

Octopod wrote:I bought a nice copy of Ikaruga for GC for $19. ?Not sure if that is a deal or not but I know it used to go for more. I also have Ikaruga on XBLA but now I have a hard copy.


I bought a complete copy today for $17. 8)
Image
User avatar
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 21718
Joined: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:28 pm
Location: Under a pile of retro stuff in H-town

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Hobie-wan Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:41 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:As far as I can tell, there are no outward differences. You CAN tell by the weight, but I wouldn't rely on that alone. It weighs just under an once more with the adapter inside. But you can tell by looking at the pins. Comparing the weight to another cart just confirms it.


It's pretty hard to tell, but the printing of the purple on the label is a little different color too. I have 2 adapter Gyromite carts, but no normal one and I can't remember which type is more blue and which more purple. It's hard to tell though.
User avatar
Ziggy587
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 12298
Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:12 pm
Location: Long Island, NY

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Ziggy587 Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:56 pm

You're right. The ROB robot icon in the lower left corner is definitely a different shade of purple. I have two other copies that don't have adapters, so I just compared it. Still, I think the easiest way to identify it is by looking at the pins.
Image
User avatar
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 11933
Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:59 am
Location: Southern California

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by CRTGAMER Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:10 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:As far as I can tell, there are no outward differences. You CAN tell by the weight, but I wouldn't rely on that alone. It weighs just under an once more with the adapter inside. But you can tell by looking at the pins. Comparing the weight to another cart just confirms it.

It's pretty hard to tell, but the printing of the purple on the label is a little different color too. I have 2 adapter Gyromite carts, but no normal one and I can't remember which type is more blue and which more purple. It's hard to tell though.

Ziggy587 wrote:You're right. The ROB robot icon in the lower left corner is definitely a different shade of purple. I have two other copies that don't have adapters, so I just compared it. Still, I think the easiest way to identify it is by looking at the pins.

Without opening the cart? Ziggy or Hobie can you post comparison pics?

Edit
Found this:
Attachments
Gyromite Label Compare.jpg
Gyromite Label Compare.jpg (140.6 KiB) Viewed 336 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Image
Image
User avatar
swiftzx
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: Youngsville,NC

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by swiftzx Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:33 pm

noiseredux wrote:
Octopod wrote:I bought a nice copy of Ikaruga for GC for $19. ?Not sure if that is a deal or not but I know it used to go for more. I also have Ikaruga on XBLA but now I have a hard copy.


I bought a complete copy today for $17. 8)


:( I got mine here on b/s/t forums last week for $25, but it was in very good condition.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
User avatar
noiseredux
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 38020
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:09 pm

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by noiseredux Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:33 pm

swiftzx wrote:
noiseredux wrote:
Octopod wrote:I bought a nice copy of Ikaruga for GC for $19. ?Not sure if that is a deal or not but I know it used to go for more. I also have Ikaruga on XBLA but now I have a hard copy.


I bought a complete copy today for $17. 8)


:( I got mine here on b/s/t forums last week for $25, but it was in very good condition.


I found mine here as well. With a BBA adapter. :shock: ...it was a good day for NR! :D
Image
Return to Game Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests