Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by emwearz Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:28 am

izdead wrote:just got my very first dreamcast for $40 mint in box with original everything. it looks like it hasn't been used at all. cant wait to get some games for it.

Your world of gaming will never be the same again, it really is an amazing console.
Snickerd00dle
Next-Gen

by Snickerd00dle Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:08 pm

Today was one of my best finds

Dragon Warrior IV CIB for 30 bucks!!!!

Adventures of Lolo CIB for 25
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:37 pm

not really amazing deals but i picked up

oXbox w/ 1 controller (third party GameStop controller)
XB component cables
Tiger Woods 2004
Deus Ex: Invisible War
Gun Metal
Gunvalkyrie

all for around $35 yesterday.

also went to the GS buy 2 get 1 and got

Cars (GC)
Baten Kaitos: Origins (GC)
Sonic Mega Collection (GC)
Armored Core 4 (360)
GrimGrimoire (PS2)
Dragon Quest VIII (PS2)

for around $40. i was kind of pissed though because i came home with Baten Kaitos Origins w/ it's artwork and manual, only to open it up and realize that they had put the wrong fucking game in there (they put the original Baten Kaitos in the case). I called the store and talked to the manager but he said he didn't have a copy of Origins, just the new one. I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to look through the gamecube discs and saw the case for BK sitting out there. i hate gamestop. literally the only time i go in there is if they're having this sale, and then this shit happens. worst store ever.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

by Hobie-wan Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:49 pm

aaron wrote: i was kind of pissed though because i came home with Baten Kaitos Origins w/ it's artwork and manual, only to open it up and realize that they had put the wrong fucking game in there (they put the original Baten Kaitos in the case). I called the store and talked to the manager but he said he didn't have a copy of Origins, just the new one. I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to look through the gamecube discs and saw the case for BK sitting out there. i hate gamestop. literally the only time i go in there is if they're having this sale, and then this shit happens. worst store ever.

Gotta get in the habit of checking stuff. Anytime I buy used games or CDs I either check before walking out or when I get to the car to make sure they're the right discs and that I wasn't just given some super scratched up crap.
Jmenglan
64-bit

by Jmenglan Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:53 pm

Not the greatest deal but I was happy with it. Capcom Vs SNK Pro, Capcom Vs SNK 2, and the Capcom Vs SNK 2 fan disk all on Dreamcast and all complete for 55 dollars.
“The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.”
-Voltaire
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:15 pm

aaron wrote:for around $40. i was kind of pissed though because i came home with Baten Kaitos Origins w/ it's artwork and manual, only to open it up and realize that they had put the wrong fucking game in there (they put the original Baten Kaitos in the case). I called the store and talked to the manager but he said he didn't have a copy of Origins, just the new one. I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to look through the gamecube discs and saw the case for BK sitting out there. i hate gamestop. literally the only time i go in there is if they're having this sale, and then this shit happens. worst store ever.

I'd look into that a bit further and exercise your rights as a customer. GS no longer sells new Gamecube games since '07 so if they're trying to pull an "Oh the only copy we have left is a new copy" thing then they're lying out of their ass.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:17 pm

strangely, they pulled the same shit on me with BK where they gave me Origins in side the BK1 box.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

by Mod_Man_Extreme Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:26 pm

Yeah, a lot of GameStops do this to just not deal with it, but you should never let them get away with that kind of crap.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
timidturtle
16-bit

by timidturtle Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:31 pm

Hobie-wan wrote:
aaron wrote: i was kind of pissed though because i came home with Baten Kaitos Origins w/ it's artwork and manual, only to open it up and realize that they had put the wrong fucking game in there (they put the original Baten Kaitos in the case). I called the store and talked to the manager but he said he didn't have a copy of Origins, just the new one. I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to look through the gamecube discs and saw the case for BK sitting out there. i hate gamestop. literally the only time i go in there is if they're having this sale, and then this shit happens. worst store ever.

Gotta get in the habit of checking stuff. Anytime I buy used games or CDs I either check before walking out or when I get to the car to make sure they're the right discs and that I wasn't just given some super scratched up crap.

Some thing similar happened to me like this once. I did the buy 2 get one free two of the games i can't remember but the one of them was Shadow of the Colossus. So anyways during checkout i was a bit distracted talking to my friends. Checked out went home and the next morning I took them out to play opened the cases and no joke their were no disc's. Honestly how do you forget the put the games in the boxes. I was pissed that i didn't notice because the boxes did have the manuals and I didn't feel a weight difference.
aaron
Next-Gen

by aaron Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:57 pm

noiseredux wrote:strangely, they pulled the same shit on me with BK where they gave me Origins in side the BK1 box.

hah, you still got it? maybe we can work a deal out here... :)
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
Return to Game Deals