Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Weekend_Warrior Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:23 am

vxbinaca wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:I passed up a sealed Super Game Boy for the SNES. They only wanted $10. Am I stupid?

The only reason I passed it up is because I don't have any Game Boy games, and I thought that if I ever did buy any that I would just get a Game Boy Player for my Cube?

You could have sold it on eBay for 5x the buying price.
Maybe. But I've never sold anything on Ebay. *shrug*
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
AppleQueso

by AppleQueso Mon Jun 14, 2010 2:38 am

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
vxbinaca wrote:
Weekend_Warrior wrote:I passed up a sealed Super Game Boy for the SNES. They only wanted $10. Am I stupid?

The only reason I passed it up is because I don't have any Game Boy games, and I thought that if I ever did buy any that I would just get a Game Boy Player for my Cube?

You could have sold it on eBay for 5x the buying price.
Maybe. But I've never sold anything on Ebay. *shrug*

would've been a good chance to start
SpaceBooger

by SpaceBooger Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:01 pm

final fight cd wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:Got a working NES w/no controllers for $3 at a garage sale.
The 72pin connector seems to be in great condition.

hey. i am like a stones throw away from akron. if fact, if i drink enough water and the wind is just right id probably be able to piss in akron standing on the edge of my property. are there any good places in akron to find retro stuff? pawn shops or whatever?

nice find by the way.

No real good places in the Akron area. There is a huge flea-market in Hartvile, but most sellers there are trying to make tons of money and mark stuff up too high. I would just check out yard sales.
Next weekend Seville is having a town wide garage sale where everyone is encouraged to have a sale on those days.
BLOG | BST
Systems Owned: NES, Game Boy (Original, Pocket, Color & Advance SP), DSi, 3DS, Genesis, Sega CD,
Nomad, SNES, Saturn, PS1, Dreamcast, XBox, PS2, Gamecube, Nintendo DS, Wii, PSP, PS3, WiiU & XBONE.
Snickerd00dle
Next-Gen

by Snickerd00dle Mon Jun 14, 2010 4:42 pm

SpaceBooger wrote:
final fight cd wrote:
SpaceBooger wrote:Got a working NES w/no controllers for $3 at a garage sale.
The 72pin connector seems to be in great condition.

hey. i am like a stones throw away from akron. if fact, if i drink enough water and the wind is just right id probably be able to piss in akron standing on the edge of my property. are there any good places in akron to find retro stuff? pawn shops or whatever?

nice find by the way.

No real good places in the Akron area. There is a huge flea-market in Hartvile, but most sellers there are trying to make tons of money and mark stuff up too high. I would just check out yard sales.
Next weekend Seville is having a town wide garage sale where everyone is encouraged to have a sale on those days.

when not in chicago i too reside nearby, I will have to check out that Seville deal!
girlracer
Next-Gen

by girlracer Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:47 pm

sniper elite xbox complete $4
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

Anyone ever....

by EvilRyu2099 Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:50 am

Anyone ever find a new or used game that is very valuable from and actual department store or gamestop? Just curious because I see stories all the time of gullible flea markets and pawn shops that sell a valuable game cheap due to lack of knowledge, but I'm curious if big time chains are guilty of this as well..
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Re: Anyone ever....

by Hobie-wan Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:55 am

Why yes, that would be over in this thread. :)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10186

In future you should make your thread titles more descriptive and I advise against making them with ellipses. Welcome to the forum. 8)
dedalusdedalus
Next-Gen

by dedalusdedalus Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:58 am

No one prices things correctly all the time, including large stores like Gamestop.

I mean, Gamestop still sells Gamecube Component Cables for $4.99 even though they go for around $50 on the internet. Of course, that assumes that you have the luck to actually find GC Component Cables at Gamestop--they don't show up that often, and they get snatched up right away if they do show up.
Last edited by dedalusdedalus on Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
EvilRyu2099
Next-Gen

by EvilRyu2099 Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:00 am

Hobie-wan wrote:Why yes, that would be over in this thread. :)

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=10186

In future you should make your thread titles more descriptive and I advise against making them with ellipses. Welcome to the forum. 8)

Haha my bad but I was talking about big time store chains.. But yeah thanks for the link!!
PSN: GoTigers9999
Live: Iori8000
Nintendo:Iori9999 3DS Friend Code: 4012-3366-0941
My Twitch stream channel!
nate
32-bit

by nate Tue Jun 15, 2010 1:24 am

Funcoland, Panzer Dragoon Saga complete...$35.00
Ocelot, did it again...sorry Boss !
Return to Game Deals