Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by noiseredux Thu May 17, 2012 9:05 am

sabrage wrote:Went to Goodwill to find a component cable for my NES... No dice on that one,

I don't think you're going to find a NES component cable anywhere.
sabrage
Next-Gen

by sabrage Thu May 17, 2012 9:09 am

I always do that
Ziggy587
Next-Gen

by Ziggy587 Thu May 17, 2012 9:19 am

noiseredux wrote:
sabrage wrote:Went to Goodwill to find a component cable for my NES... No dice on that one,

I don't think you're going to find a NES component cable anywhere.

Assuming you meant composite lol. But wait, there's more! NES composite cables aren't proprietary, not sure why you're were exclusively searching Goodwill for them. Just go to Wal Mart or a dollar store or Radio Shack. They're just RCA cables.
pvt_awol
64-bit

by pvt_awol Thu May 17, 2012 12:33 pm

^

Cause Goodwill has them for $.25 or cheaper usually. Even the dollar store can't beat that.
sabrage
Next-Gen

by sabrage Thu May 17, 2012 2:44 pm

Ziggy587 wrote:Assuming you meant composite lol. But wait, there's more! NES composite cables aren't proprietary, not sure why you're were exclusively searching Goodwill for them. Just go to Wal Mart or a dollar store or Radio Shack. They're just RCA cables.

Wal-mart is overpriced and I've had bad experiences with Radioshack RCA cables. I know what type of cable I'm looking for.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Fri May 18, 2012 12:35 am

today, on my day off I went to my job and I got

PS3 Heavy Rain Greatest Hits.

For 7.97 new in package.

Theres more stuff I wanna get but I'm gonna wait for it to go down some more.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sat May 19, 2012 2:32 am

sabrage wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:Assuming you meant composite lol. But wait, there's more! NES composite cables aren't proprietary, not sure why you're were exclusively searching Goodwill for them. Just go to Wal Mart or a dollar store or Radio Shack. They're just RCA cables.
Wal-mart is overpriced and I've had bad experiences with Radioshack RCA cables. I know what type of cable I'm looking for.

In my OCD get the correct color appearing cable for my NES I did not want the red and white stereo cables. Drove to two stores to find just a yellow video and standard mono white cable set, silly me I could have just yanked the red cable off a a three cable patch cord. But wait a minute the NES does have a specialized cable, it is Red and Yellow! :?

Bah! I ended up throwing in a Y Adaptor for the audio leads since it goes to a Stereo TV anyways. I even had to add to the expense with a couple 90 degree elbows to make room for another console sitting next to it. At least I didn't rip apart a second patch cable. :oops:
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

harper
Next-Gen

by harper Sat May 19, 2012 11:22 am

harper wrote:At first Goodwill was acting like they weren't going to have anything today. I was about ready to give up, then I hit up the toys and found this bad boy:

for $2.50 :D

Couldn't find the sensor anywhere. It may or may not pop up there eventually, but I'm sure I'll find one somewhere.

UPDATE: Special thanks to girlracer for seeing my post and sending me a super scope sensor along with our recent trade. I'm happy to say that I tested the gun and it works like a charm. :D
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Sat May 19, 2012 11:43 am

Flea markets were a bust today, I did find a couple strategy guides (namely GTA III and Vice City) and paid $2 for a handful of them.

I needed to get a surge protector so I swung by K-mart and checked out their $19.99 and under bargain bin.

Sin and Punishment 2 was in there marked for $12.99. I took it to the register and it came up as $5.99 (!). Great deal.
jbulins
8-bit

by jbulins Sat May 19, 2012 2:43 pm

40 bucks worth of random things from Harpers Ferry Flea Market in WVA

Happy with the NES Ducktales been wanting a copy for awhile.
Return to Game Deals