Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by CRTGAMER »

Wega HD CRT 4:3 KV32HV600 - $45.00 Thrift Store
I collect games and now am starting to collect HD CRTs. Already have the KV32HS500 model. HDCRTs are rare even more so in the 4:3 screen. No Upscale issues, I can run Atari RF to N64 SVideo to PS2 Component to DVD and Cable Box HDMI. 8)

Almost identical to the one I already own, even has the Mem stick slot. The model number indicates a newer version over the living room TV. I was very lucky to find this, moved the 200 pound monster to the bedroom. I now have a backup HD CRT Twin in the same size in case one ever dies beyond repair. :mrgreen:

Pulled the back cover to verify a couple of power supply chips. It has not been repaired yet, but I have backup B revised chips in case it ever does fail. Dusted out the interior and threw in an anchor with safety wire on it to prevent tipping.

I ran an older Atari in RF just to see how the pic would look, guess the game! :D

HDCRT KV32HV600.jpg
HDCRT KV32HV600.jpg (194.08 KiB) Viewed 1221 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Whats the difference between the "Trinitron" model TV's and the "WEGA" model ones? I happen to have a WEGA HDCRT (that I got for $15 ;) ) and it looks more or less just like the one you posted. Is one just a newer model than the other, or did they sell at the same time?
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

But... no light gun support...

The game is... Ballblazer, isn't it?
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

got more fleamarket stuff today.

this time with pictures!

PS2 Final Fantasy XII regular edtion $3.00 complete

PS2 Mobile Suit Gundam Journey To Jaburo $5.00 complete

PS1 Fear Effect $5.00 no manual, but all four discs are practically scratch free

Three DVDs for $5.00: Akira, Tenchi Forever the Movie, Empire Of The Wolves (with Mr. Reno!)

I was impressed with the gundam game. I was surprized with the disc art. Mostly clear with dark gray words/pics. The playstation logo is white/reversed. Its not like any PS2 disc I've seen before. At first when I saw it, I thought it was a JP game.

first time for everything, I guess.
Attachments
may8`12 (Medium).JPG
may8`12 (Medium).JPG (75.93 KiB) Viewed 1174 times
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Breetai wrote:The game is... Ballblazer, isn't it?

Considering it's CRT, it's quite likely.

search.php?keywords=ballblazer&terms=all&author=crtgamer&sc=1&sf=all&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
eSPy
64-bit

Post by eSPy »

got Rock Band 3 with the pro keyboard for the wii. $40 on sale...its now back at its normal price:
http://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/Nint ... /19612006/
Atari 2600 Jr., NES, Gameboy, Genesis 1 and 2, Saturn, Virtual Boy, Gameboy Advance (with Supercard SD), Playstation (With Goldfinger), Nintendo 64, Playstation 2(modded), Nintendo DS (Fat) with Edge
SNKnicotine
128-bit

Post by SNKnicotine »

jay_red wrote:
SNKnicotine wrote:I got a Neo Geo AES in its original box w/manuals and cardboard holders, (serial numbers match) 2 arcade pads, KOF 96, Magician lord, and a Sega Saturn 3D control pad for $200 (mind i am in Maryland, and had to drive 4 hours in to Virginia near north Carolina. After gas and food i spent about $230.57 :P (own a 97 jetta stick shift tdi Diesel fueled 48 mpg)

Damn, the drive was totally worth it, post up some pics of that find!

its missing a couple of games in the pic.
Attachments
neo geo.jpg
neo geo.jpg (104.12 KiB) Viewed 1134 times
Klassic PlastiK @ youtube.com/KlassicplastiK
Currently playing:Super Smash bros.(4)(3DS/WiiU)
Currently reading: Batman: Death of a Family
AppleQueso wrote:You can't even pronounce "RPG" or "FPS" like you can "Shmup"
Arpuhguh? Fffpiss? Bah!
"Shmup" is far more elegant!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

jay_red wrote:Whats the difference between the "Trinitron" model TV's and the "WEGA" model ones? I happen to have a WEGA HDCRT (that I got for $15 ;) ) and it looks more or less just like the one you posted. Is one just a newer model than the other, or did they sell at the same time?
Great price on your Sony! You might want to buy the power supply chips as backup just in case yours might fail down the road. Both of my KV32HV600 and KV32HS500 which are WEGAs have that Trinitron logo in the top left corner. The Trinitron name has been around for a long time, used for years prior to the WEGA line. I thought all the WEGAs have the Trinitron logo, what model number is your Sony?

Breetai wrote:But... no light gun support...

The game is... Ballblazer, isn't it?
That is the one disappointment, a compromise to get HD for the PS2, Gamecube and DVD movies. Even though an HD tube, all older consoles display beautiful. Oh well, House of the Dead with the Wii fills the Lightgun void.

Good guess, yes the game is Ball Blazer, one of my favorites on the 5200 and 7800.

flojocabron wrote:Empire Of The Wolves (with Mr. Reno!)

PS2 Mobile Suit Gundam Journey To Jaburo $5.00 complete

I was impressed with the gundam game. I was surprized with the disc art. Mostly clear with dark gray words/pics. The playstation logo is white/reversed. Its not like any PS2 disc I've seen before. At first when I saw it, I thought it was a JP game.
Never heard of Reno in that movie, another DVD to look for. Every time I see that actor, the Professional movie comes to mind, the assassin's motto "No Women, No Kids."

How is the Gundam game itself? I sometimes see this at Gamestop and Bookoff but have held off. I'm curious about the disc art, a pic?
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed May 09, 2012 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

sure buddy!

heres a pic.
Attachments
Gjtj (Large).JPG
Gjtj (Large).JPG (85.5 KiB) Viewed 1106 times
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

I never thought I'd do this, but the deal was too good to pass up and this will compliment the GBA and all the games I got this year for it so far -

Inching ever so deeper into the sixth generation.
Why yes, it also has the Game Boy Player.

$49 complete!
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.