Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Mechblue
128-bit

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by Mechblue Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:54 pm

Actually found a few interesting things this weekend.

Good weather meant lots of new faces at the swap meet.

Ghost in the Shell PS1 (unfortunately one of those rentals where they rip the cover off the manual and the back out of the case and put it in a DVD case :x), Arc The Lad: Endless Darkness, and Time Crisis 2 - $5

Nice condition clear purple N64 controller - $3

Noticed a Bag with some portable systems in it said "Pair $10". Looks like two red game boy pockets with random game gear games and gb games. So paid $10.
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
MC Rex Rexler
24-bit

by MC Rex Rexler Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:04 pm

Goodwill came up pretty dry today, but I did manage to find a copy of Metroid Prime that caught my eye. It's a Target exclusive edition that originally came with coupons for... something. Unfortunately, the coupons were not in there. I've tried Googling this edition, but came up with nothing.

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:38 pm

MC Rex Rexler wrote:Goodwill came up pretty dry today, but I did manage to find a copy of Metroid Prime that caught my eye. It's a Target exclusive edition that originally came with coupons for... something. Unfortunately, the coupons were not in there. I've tried Googling this edition, but came up with nothing.

:shock: Nice find. I doubt there is anything different other then the Target coupons and that Target logo case cover. It would be a great discovery to find something different in the actual game though.

Can you post a detailed pic of the game disc and list the numbers off it?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Kahokian
24-bit

by Kahokian Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:09 pm

Michi I find it to be insanely amazing that you found B.O.B and retroware TV put up a B.O.B game quickie today lol. it was meant to be, the video game gods are speaking to you to beat this game today.
MC Rex Rexler
24-bit

by MC Rex Rexler Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:36 pm

CRTGAMER wrote: :shock: Nice find. I doubt there is anything different other then the Target coupons and that Target logo case cover. It would be a great discovery to find something different in the actual game though.

Can you post a detailed pic of the game disc and list the numbers off it?

Here ya go. The game doesn't seem to play any different so far...

DL-DOL-GM8E-USA
MODEL No. DOL-006(USA)
Cody_D165
24-bit

by Cody_D165 Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:39 pm

MC Rex Rexler wrote:The game doesn't seem to play any different so far...

I'd hope not, because it would suck to be fighting a giant Target logo or something :lol:
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

I'm learning to make chiptune music in my spare time :P Check out my Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/eight-badges
sabrage
Next-Gen

by sabrage Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:41 pm

MC Rex Rexler wrote:DL-DOL-GM8E-USA

I happened to have my (non-Target) disk sitting in my Gamecube; I can confirm that this is the same number as mine.
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:46 pm

Kahokian wrote:Michi I find it to be insanely amazing that you found B.O.B and retroware TV put up a B.O.B game quickie today lol. it was meant to be, the video game gods are speaking to you to beat this game today.

They did? Wow. I guess the universe is trying to tell me I have to play it now :lol:
jay_red
Next-Gen

by jay_red Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Stopped at a branch of a local chain that is a bit far away, but happened to be in the area and got:

Genesis Cart only:
Revenge of Shinobi -.99
Virtua Fighter 2- .99

Third party Dreamcast controller with a 6 button layout (using it for a pad hack) 2.99

When buying the games the girl behind the counter was like "Wow, someone is finally buying some genesis games, they have been sitting back there forever!) This was a used music/movie/game store, and games are like the smallest part of the store.

Edit: so when I grabbed Virtua Fighter 2, I was thinking "I cant wait to see how they pulled off a 3d fighter on the Genesis!" I assumed it would be similar to Virtua Racing. I was very surprised to find a 2d fighter lol.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Kahokian
24-bit

by Kahokian Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:45 pm

Picked the following up today locally for 30 bucks

3 toaster oven NES (all three seem to have bad 72's and the ol' flash orama kill yo moma obama) All have some minor wear and tear but no major yellow discoloring.

2 AC adaptors and one RF

4 orignal nes controllers.

1 Turbo Touch 360 (some parts of the controller have a few yellow spots but overall is in great shape. I am looking forward to checking this bad boy out)

Boxed Nes Four Score no manual (Box is in good condition)

Top Gun (Duplicate)
Top Gun Second Mission
Tiger-Heli
Lunar Pool
Golf
NFL Football
Silent Service
2 copies of T&C Surf Designs; Wood & Water Rage (Duplicates)
Monopoly (Duplicate)
Twin Cobra
Wrath of the Blank Manta

So for 30 bucks I really cant complain. I figured hell for 20 bucks I could have all three NES up and running. The Four Score is my first boxed NES accessory ever! I also added 9 new titles to my NES collection. lol any one need copies of wood and water rage?
Return to Game Deals