Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by BoringSupreez Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:47 pm

Chaos Theory and Riddick are great games. You'll be having a time for sure.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Hey retrosportsgamer look what I found! Not for sale, but something to look for in your hunt of sports related gaming! sharkiegamer777 has the Fifa World Cup Kick Mat, I didn't know about a Fifa let alone any dedicated Sports Themed Arcade stick such as this though.

Fifa World Cup Arcade Stick - $10.00 Bookoff
I actually passed up on this the day before. I already own a Blaze Arcade Stick and a Modded Zaxxon Arcade Stick that covers the PS1/PS2 games. I got to thinking about the Fifa themed stick, and thought about why would there be an Arcade stick for a sports game? Maybe it is a cheap design playing on the World cup? Oh why not it is only ten bucks, cheaper then when the Tatsunko vs Capcom that went clearance at Gamestop.

I love the way Japanese stores protect everything in plastic wrap!
Fifa World Cup Arcade Stick Thrustmaster 4160422.jpg
Fifa World Cup Arcade Stick Thrustmaster 4160422.jpg (252.17 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

There is an Auto Fire Turbo and a Digital Analog Mode button. The Mode button is supposed to set the Fifa Arcade stick to support the DPad or Left Analog stick. I have yet to find an analog controlled game to work due to the Playstation overiding the mode switch when loading a game. HDAdvance does work in either mode, but I suspect the DPad is still being emulated. I need some sort of controller test program to confirm the Analog stick compatibility.

Steel plate at the base to keep the stick from sliding.
Fifa World Cup Arcade Stick Thrustmaster 4160422 Inside.jpg
Fifa World Cup Arcade Stick Thrustmaster 4160422 Inside.jpg (174.71 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

Looking inside, there are very nice Micrositches for the Joystick. A little 3in1 Oil dripped in the joystick center freed up the drag. The stick moves great with nice tactical clicks. Compared to most Arcade sticks, the Face Buttons are smaller. Not really an issue, the Fifa Stick works great for Arcade games, has on the fly Auto Fire and I have the Blaze for the intense fight battles.

Similar in size to the Wii Tatsunko Capcom Arcade stick.
Tatsunko Capcom - Fifa World Cup Arcade Sticks.jpg
Tatsunko Capcom - Fifa World Cup Arcade Sticks.jpg (226.38 KiB) Viewed 1197 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:57 pm, edited 8 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Jmenglan
64-bit

by Jmenglan Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:11 pm

BoringSupreez wrote:Chaos Theory and Riddick are great games. You'll be having a time for sure.

I remember buying Riddick when it was brand new years ago and really enjoyed it, but I never beat it. I'm looking forward to playing Chaos Theory though.The only Splinter Cell game I've played before was Double Agent on 360, and I thought it was pretty mediocre, but I've heard nothing but good things about this one.
“The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.”
-Voltaire
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:55 pm

Jmenglan wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:Chaos Theory and Riddick are great games. You'll be having a time for sure.

I remember buying Riddick when it was brand new years ago and really enjoyed it, but I never beat it. I'm looking forward to playing Chaos Theory though.The only Splinter Cell game I've played before was Double Agent on 360, and I thought it was pretty mediocre, but I've heard nothing but good things about this one.

DA on 360 is mediocre, and I can say this with confidence as I beat it like three times. If you enjoy Chaos Theory, be sure to pick up the oXbox version of Double Agent. It's way better than the 360 version. It plays almost exactly like Chaos Theory.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
jay_red
Next-Gen

by jay_red Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:26 pm

CRT: Interesting stick, are those like bumps by the buttons where your wrist would rest? They look like they could be uncomfortable...

Picked up a few games today, 1.99 each, cart only:
Sonic 3 (gen)
Earthworm Jim (gen)
Shaq-Fu (SNES, I figured I would try out this horrible game for myself)
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:03 pm

jay_red wrote:CRT: Interesting stick, are those like bumps by the buttons where your wrist would rest? They look like they could be uncomfortable...

I have been trying to find more info on the Fifa 2002 Arcade Stick, not much info online. A rare Arcade stick with a very limited run? The bumps are not bad, though I prefer a smooth top. I don't get the purpose of the rough surface either, maybe to help home in on certain buttons? :?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

girlracer
Next-Gen

by girlracer Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:32 am

had to run to menards yesterday for house stuff and the goodwill is across the street so i went in and found.

mario kart 64
golden eye 007
and 2 copies of donkey kong 64

for $1 each
Michi
Next-Gen

by Michi Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:21 pm

girlracer wrote:had to run to menards yesterday for house stuff and the goodwill is across the street so i went in and found.

mario kart 64
golden eye 007
and 2 copies of donkey kong 64

for $1 each

Bah. My Goodwill would charge $3 a piece (thought that's still not a bad price...)

Anyway, I went to our local Comics/Gaming/Anime convention today. It was...sad. They didn't have nearly as many vendors there as they used to and the ones who were there weren't all that great. I did pick up a couple of things (some cheap manga and a pin), but I only got one game.

After that I stopped by my Goodwill and that was a waste of time :? Then I stopped by the Sheriffs Thrift store and lo, Stuff!

Convention:
Spy Vs. Spy (NES) - $1

Thrift:
TMNT Tournament Fighters (Complete)
Super Baseball 2020 (Complete)
Bob (Complete)
Super Street Fighter 2
Sports Talk Football

But the real reason I was happy I stopped there was because I found something I've never seen in the wild before.

32X Games:
NFL Quarterback Club (Complete)
Doom (with Manual)

I found Doom and it's manual shoved into the blue Nintendo box, while Street Fighter 2 and Sports Talk Football were shoved into the white one (that's the only reason I ended up with Sports Talk). Alas, I scoured the store for the 32X, but it was nowhere to be found. It's either not been put out yet, or more likely someone already snagged it. But that's okay, because now I have some 32X games and some nice cases to put a couple of my NES games in.

Grand Total for the Day: $2.50
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:48 pm

From the weekly Kid Icarus event, the Nintendo rep was generous and gave me two boosters... including Thanatos Transformations 2 and Medusa Monster cards! I already have an MM one, so I'll probably be selling/ trading it... maybe I should make a BST thread once I get more (so far I only have about 7 duplicates).
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
girlracer
Next-Gen

by girlracer Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:05 pm

Michi wrote:Bah. My Goodwill would charge $3 a piece (thought that's still not a bad price...)

its hit and miss around here. sometimes it $1 sometimes it can be up to $5
Return to Game Deals