Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by Michi Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:42 pm

Awesome Simpsons arcade.

I keep seeing all kinds of different arcade machines listed all Craigslist. Most of them are pretty decently priced. It's all very tempting. I'd get one, but I just don't have the room right now. *sigh* One day....
TrevorF
16-bit

by TrevorF Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:51 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:Shipping a Simpsons cab is going to run about $275-350 in the US to another US location. To CAN is going to be a bit rougher.

So did you already buy it? Simpson's cabs go pretty quick when they are available. Not quite 1-2K, but $450 is still a very good price.

I've already bought the cab, it's just a matter of getting it up here. Looks like a road trip might be my only option. I've called around and the lowest quote so far is $710.04. Gas prices are pretty high to and it will be a 1515mi/2500Km trip one way in a full size van. It could end being $600 in gas.
Thing's that I'm looking for at the moment: Super Mario RPG manual(SNES), Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals map and cart(SNES), The King of Dragons Box and manual(SNES), Lufia and the fortress of doom CIB(SNES), Earthbound CIB(SNES), EVO: The Search for Eden CIB(SNES), Harvest Moon CIB(SNES), Mario Paint CIB(SNES), Bomberman Party Pak With Super Multitap(SNES), DoReMi Fantasies CIB(SFC).
TrevorF
16-bit

by TrevorF Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:57 pm

Michi wrote:Awesome Simpsons arcade.

I keep seeing all kinds of different arcade machines listed all Craigslist. Most of them are pretty decently priced. It's all very tempting. I'd get one, but I just don't have the room right now. *sigh* One day....

There are only around 4 cabbies that I want: Simpsons, Teenage Muant Ninja Turtles, Superman and the 6 player X-men. It's mostly a nostalgia thing. :)
Thing's that I'm looking for at the moment: Super Mario RPG manual(SNES), Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals map and cart(SNES), The King of Dragons Box and manual(SNES), Lufia and the fortress of doom CIB(SNES), Earthbound CIB(SNES), EVO: The Search for Eden CIB(SNES), Harvest Moon CIB(SNES), Mario Paint CIB(SNES), Bomberman Party Pak With Super Multitap(SNES), DoReMi Fantasies CIB(SFC).
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:59 pm

Yeah, so yr looking at 1K investment now. I imagine you fully vetted everything, screen and interior pics. Monitor and Chassis all check out - no significant burn, caps recently replaced, etc?

I'm guessing yr a big simpsons fan and want the side-art and the 4p setup, yeah? Those are big cabs and shipping is going to be an absolute killer. But for the $150 you'll save by driving down, yr gonna spend that $150 on food and such, i'd think - not considering the lesser mileage you'll get hauling that thing. I'd still pay to ship it if yr set on having it.

There's a 6p X-Men on KLOV right now, in St. Louis I believe. That is the only dedicated I still want.
TrevorF
16-bit

by TrevorF Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:21 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:Yeah, so yr looking at 1K investment now. I imagine you fully vetted everything, screen and interior pics. Monitor and Chassis all check out - no significant burn, caps recently replaced, etc?

I'm guessing yr a big simpsons fan and want the side-art and the 4p setup, yeah? Those are big cabs and shipping is going to be an absolute killer. But for the $150 you'll save by driving down, yr gonna spend that $150 on food and such, i'd think - not considering the lesser mileage you'll get hauling that thing. I'd still pay to ship it if yr set on having it.

There's a 6p X-Men on KLOV right now, in St. Louis I believe. That is the only dedicated I still want.

I have already made the purchase, it was an impulse buy forsure but had no idea they burn. I didn't get any close up of the inside, but he assures me that everything works and is close to mint. Buttons and Joysticks work great, etc. Is there a good "What to look/expect when shopping for an arcade cab? I guess I should have done a little more research first. I think you're right about the food, shipping and lower milage so I think it may be best to have it shipped.

I was and still am a Simpsons fan (mostly season 11 and under). The 4 player was definitely a must. No kids yet so I'm going to renovate a hole between two of the bedrooms upstairs and set up some shelves for my game collection.

I've been a gamer my whole life but I'm somewhat new to the video game forum scene, so I'm not sure what KLOV is. (My apologies to all the KLOV members out there, that isn't saying anything about the site, more a reflection of my ignorance). : /
hashiriya1
Next-Gen

by hashiriya1 Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:04 am

I was at Target tonight to pick up some groceries and every time I go to Target I always check out the game section even though I have no intention of buying anything. I've been passively looking for a reason to buy the first two Uncharted games. Target gave me a reason. They were selling the Uncharted 1&2 w/ a blue Dualshock 3 for $29.98. Strangely enough, the Uncharted 1&2 dual pack WITHOUT the Dualshock 3 is priced at 39.99. Also, the metallic blue Dualshock 3 (which was on the next shelf) was selling for $54.99. Needless to say I bought the $29.98 bundle.

flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:07 am

wow!

good price.

I'm gonna check my target and see if the same exists here.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

by FiftyDollarCurse Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:29 pm

Bought this from a local thrift store today:

Now, I did go to public school in the 1990s so I am pretty familiar with the Commodore 64 but I know basically nothing of the VIC-20. Unfortunately the box didn't include a power cord or av cord, but for only $3.00 I felt compelled to rescue it from it's inevitable fate anyway.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

by noiseredux Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:33 pm

hashiriya1 wrote:I was at Target tonight to pick up some groceries and every time I go to Target I always check out the game section even though I have no intention of buying anything. I've been passively looking for a reason to buy the first two Uncharted games. Target gave me a reason. They were selling the Uncharted 1&2 w/ a blue Dualshock 3 for $29.98. Strangely enough, the Uncharted 1&2 dual pack WITHOUT the Dualshock 3 is priced at 39.99. Also, the metallic blue Dualshock 3 (which was on the next shelf) was selling for $54.99. Needless to say I bought the $29.98 bundle.

yeah these game/controller bundles always seem to be limited edition, so end up going on clearance. Last year I picked up LittleBigPlanet GOTY Edition and a dualshock for $25 clearanced at Best Buy.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:24 pm

hashiriya1 wrote:I was at Target tonight to pick up some groceries and every time I go to Target I always check out the game section even though I have no intention of buying anything. I've been passively looking for a reason to buy the first two Uncharted games. Target gave me a reason. They were selling the Uncharted 1&2 w/ a blue Dualshock 3 for $29.98. Strangely enough, the Uncharted 1&2 dual pack WITHOUT the Dualshock 3 is priced at 39.99. Also, the metallic blue Dualshock 3 (which was on the next shelf) was selling for $54.99. Needless to say I bought the $29.98 bundle.
Great find on the PS3 Combo Pack! Crazy how retailers do this, I found combo deals on will controllers the same way too. Corporate has many SKUS to realize I guess; a combo game with controller is cheaper then the separate components. :lol:

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:Bought this from a local thrift store today:

Now, I did go to public school in the 1990s so I am pretty familiar with the Commodore 64 but I know basically nothing of the VIC-20. Unfortunately the box didn't include a power cord or av cord, but for only $3.00 I felt compelled to rescue it from it's inevitable fate anyway.
Sweet! You have the best home version of Omega Race! Try it with an 2600 Game Paddle. The Vic 20 has the same Basic Language commands as the C64, game carts work just like a game console plug n play. The AV Composite cord can be easily made or found online.

Two types of Power connections depending on model. One is round, the other is a two prong. be careful it is not straight 120 volt.

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Return to Game Deals