Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
AppleQueso

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

by AppleQueso Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Cody_D165 wrote:looking forward to busting [Mario Party 1] out when he comes home on leave.

Make sure to wear gloves! Don't want those palm blisters!
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

by BoringSupreez Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:10 pm

Cody_D165 wrote:I found a game in an unusual place today: my mailbox. I got the mail and found a small package from an eBay seller, which I didn't remember ordering. First thing that came to mind was: oh God what did I buy? :lol:

I was kinda freaking out for a bit, but then something popped in my head. Earlier in the week I got to have an online conversation with one of my good friends who is currently in Navy training. I remembered him saying: "I found you a cool present the other day and its in the mail." So I get the package inside, open it up, and I find this:

Now I'm sure none of you really know this but I'm a huge Mario Party fan. Ever since I was a kid I've gotten the newest version, but I never owned the first one because I started with Mario Party 2. I had been looking for this game for a good while now, because I didn't really want to drop too much money on it. So I was quite ecstatic when I opened the package and saw this game! Really cool of him to do that, talked to him again today and looking forward to busting this game out when he comes home on leave.

So I finally own them all! They aren't all complete or anything like that, but I'm happy.

Mario Party 3 is the hardest one to get CIB AFAIK, so if you want to own them all CIB you have a good start.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Cody_D165
24-bit

by Cody_D165 Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:18 pm

AppleQueso wrote:
Cody_D165 wrote:looking forward to busting [Mario Party 1] out when he comes home on leave.

Make sure to wear gloves! Don't want those palm blisters!

HAHAHA! ^ :lol:

BoringSupreez wrote:Mario Party 3 is the hardest one to get CIB AFAIK, so if you want to own them all CIB you have a good start.

That's actually the first game - the box is a weird one like that. They put that giant 3 on the dice block so it kinda looks like it blends in with the title. So not as much of a start, haha. Someday I'll work on it, but for now I'm just happy to have them all.
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

I'm learning to make chiptune music in my spare time :P Check out my Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/eight-badges
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

by retrosportsgamer Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:43 pm

Cool collection 8)
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

by GameMasterGuy Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:15 pm

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
GameMasterGuy wrote:At first I was like "$85 seems a little much", then I scrolled down and saw how great the deals were on everything, and I wondered if the 8 was a typo.

Then I saw Chrono Trigger.

And all was well.
Rock N Roll Racing was a nice find, too!

Meh, it goes for $20 on Amazon. Everywhere I go to on the internet and otherwise sells Chrono Trigger for $60... pretty crazy, considering how much cheaper the PS1 version is.

Oh, and that was an awesome stroke of luck you got on the CIB MP3, other guy!
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
TrevorF
16-bit

by TrevorF Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:45 pm

I found a close to mint, Simpsons Arcade Cabinet that is 100% for $450. I'm pretty excited as I pumped a lot of quarters into these as a kid. I see these going for $1000-$2000.

Now, I just need a way to get it up to Canada from Rockhill North Carolina. Any suggestions other than driving down to pick it up? Anyone know of any reliable, somewhat inexpensive ways to get it up here?

Thing's that I'm looking for at the moment: Super Mario RPG manual(SNES), Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals map and cart(SNES), The King of Dragons Box and manual(SNES), Lufia and the fortress of doom CIB(SNES), Earthbound CIB(SNES), EVO: The Search for Eden CIB(SNES), Harvest Moon CIB(SNES), Mario Paint CIB(SNES), Bomberman Party Pak With Super Multitap(SNES), DoReMi Fantasies CIB(SFC).
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:24 pm

TrevorF wrote:I found a close to mint, Simpsons Arcade Cabinet that is 100% for $450. I'm pretty excited as I pumped a lot of quarters into these as a kid. I see these going for $1000-$2000.

Now, I just need a way to get it up to Canada from Rockhill North Carolina. Any suggestions other than driving down to pick it up? Anyone know of any reliable, somewhat inexpensive ways to get it up here?

Thats a cool arcade machine!
Matches the wall paint.lol
Maybe caddy corner it and grab a white stool and throw some posters/paintings up.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
TrevorF
16-bit

by TrevorF Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:35 pm

TEKTORO wrote:Thats a cool arcade machine!
Matches the wall paint.lol
Maybe caddy corner it and grab a white stool and throw some posters/paintings up.

That's the room that it's in at the old owners house. I need to get it to my house. But ya, I thought the same thing. :)
Thing's that I'm looking for at the moment: Super Mario RPG manual(SNES), Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals map and cart(SNES), The King of Dragons Box and manual(SNES), Lufia and the fortress of doom CIB(SNES), Earthbound CIB(SNES), EVO: The Search for Eden CIB(SNES), Harvest Moon CIB(SNES), Mario Paint CIB(SNES), Bomberman Party Pak With Super Multitap(SNES), DoReMi Fantasies CIB(SFC).
TEKTORO
Next-Gen

by TEKTORO Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:39 pm

:lol:

My fault,long day..

Im not sure how to get that thing up to Canada for N.C maybe Roadtrip for it is your best bet.You said it normally goes for 1000-2000 since you can get it for 450 used the savings for a journey to the states.
If you can see the future while remembering the past, you may just have control of the present.
mjmjr25

by mjmjr25 Mon Apr 16, 2012 8:24 pm

Shipping a Simpsons cab is going to run about $275-350 in the US to another US location. To CAN is going to be a bit rougher.

So did you already buy it? Simpson's cabs go pretty quick when they are available. Not quite 1-2K, but $450 is still a very good price.
Return to Game Deals