Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by CRTGAMER »

CRTGAMER on March 22nd wrote:Getting Gamestop to ship in games

The GBA games I have been listing were all found local, but I really wanted to get some hard to find ones at the 85% off price. another go at requesting more games shipped in. This worked in getting me Cubivore, Gotcha Force and GBA Boulder Dash EX. This time a huge list, the store does get busy and may not have time to do all the phone calls.

This works when you have built up a rapport with the local Gamestop Manager. Past purchases, sharing information and good personal comments in the survey back to Corporate at the Gamestop site. Take care of the employee and they will take care of you and go the extra step.

I searched early in the morning at the Gamestop site before the stores opened for a list of hard to find games. I keyed in random Zip Codes to find the games and then copy pasted the Zip Codes and Phone Numbers for a printout. Any games that I could find three stores, I listed all in case one store was not in stock. I brought the list that same Wednesday morning right when Gamestop opened. Why Wednesday morning? That is when price changes happen and all the Gamestops have a Manager or Senior Employee on the floor who have better pull. The morning calls are crucial especially when calling a Gamestop store back east which are ahead three hours. The earlier the better, before the stores get busy. Some games on my printout could only be found all the way across the country.

Game Boy Advance 85% Off Finds
Success! Most of the GBA games came in! Only a few strays to go, I'll hit up the Store Manager next Wednesday morning. All the games came from out of state, some all the way from the east coast! I had GBA carts coming in from Texas, Pennsylvania, Florida, New York, Colorado and other states. This was an insane order pull, my local Store Manager really came thru! :D :mrgreen:

GBA DK3 Dilemma
Trying to find one game gave me problems. Even when keying in different random Zip code searches, only one store would appear. The online site searches only a 100 mile radius, however the local store computer can pull a list nation wide. Back at Gamestop only two stores showed the game in stock in the entire country! The first store stated they had a bad inventory and the manager at the other location decided to buy the game for himself! The bastard, now that is just not right. Of all the games that a Manager decides to buy, it is the one game that was in stock at only one Gamestop in the entire U.S.!

Other store still listed, someone local want to try? :?
Gamestop Search Donkey Kong Country 3 Large.JPG
Gamestop Search Donkey Kong Country 3 Large.JPG (99.9 KiB) Viewed 3372 times

Most of the other GBA carts came in. I only have a few more to go. One of the carts has a really badly damaged label which I repaired. See if you can spot in the mug shot below, where I linked the repair procedure.

CRTGAMER wrote:So why load up on GBA games?

1. Great price at 85% off :idea:
2. GB carts works in GBA Player on the big screen 8)
3. GBA games can be played with a full sized Arcade Stick :shock:

Advance Wars 2 - $4.99 $1.13
An in depth Strategy game, need time to dive into this.

Donkey Kong Country 2 - 12.99 $2.93
Already own GBA Donkey Kong Country 1, a nice platformer addition.

Mario Pinball Land - 9.99 $2.25
Unlike a lot of pinball games, all the action is on a single field. Pretty good game.

Metal Slug Advance - $7.99 $1.80
Ultimate side scroller Run and Gun, oh I had to get the portable version.

Metroid Zero Mission - $9.99 $2.25
Already have GBA Metroid Fusion for the Gamecube link capability. Might as well have this one too, a nice rendition that is faithful to the NES.

Racing Gears Advance - 9.99 $2.25
Any Micro Machines top down racer will like this game. Nice view of the action.

Sim City 2000 - 3.99 $1.13
City management on the small portable scale. Not as good without a mouse on the PC, but not too bad.

Sonic 3 Advance - 9.99 $2.25
I can't believe I'm playing Sonic on a Nintendo! At least the batteries hold out better.

Sonic 2 Advance - $12.99 $2.93
Another Sonic, this one is really good, close to the genesis levels.

Sonic Advance / Sonic PinBall Party - $9.99 $2.25
And yet anothe blue hedghog. Nice combo cart, got it for the pinball add on.

Super Mario Advance - $19.99 $4.50
All these year owning GBAs and I never got around to buying THE Mario carts!

Super Mario World: Mario Advance 2 $19.99 $4.50
More Mario, nice levels!

Yoshi's Island: Mario Advance 3 - 19.99 $4.50
The cartoon style really works well, only one more GBA mario to find!

Yoshi Topsy Turvy - $14.99 $3.37
Already have the Wario Twisted tilt sensor cart, had to get this one! The Yoshi twist games are not as good, but still unique due to the control. Somehow I can't picture this game in a Gamecube GBA Player :lol:

Right Click to view a larger pic
GBA 85 Percent Off Gamestop.jpg
GBA 85 Percent Off Gamestop.jpg (234.75 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Guess the damaged label cart yet? The answer and the repair procedure is here:
viewtopic.php?f=52&p=398336#p398336

Addendum
I'm still upset that other Store Manager back east bought the only GBA DK3 cart available nation wide at Gamestop. Stinks that he would buy it only after discovering it from the long distance phone call. To complete the collection for gorilla GBA series, I resorted to good old Amazon. :wink:

Donkey Kong Country 3 - Amazon $11.94 Shipped
The game manual is huge due to all the languages covered. The CIB game came all the way from Germany! Region not an issue for GBA games, luckily the cart I received has an English language option. :mrgreen:

A lot of stuff inside a CIB Game
Donkey Kong 3 GBA Gemany.jpg
Donkey Kong 3 GBA Gemany.jpg (236.57 KiB) Viewed 3372 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

CRTGAMER wrote:Racing Gears Advance - 9.99 $2.25
Any Micro Machines top down racer will like this game. Nice view of the action.

Nice haul with the GBA games. Rare to see a game stop that has any left.

I'll have to add that racing gears game to my want list. I'm slowly getting in to collecting all the GBA games I missed.
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Bikeage
128-bit

Post by Bikeage »

A black cat crossed my path on Friday the 13th, seriously, a few hours after scoring this from Goodwill for $6.

Yes, that's a Penguin Famiclone with an 111 in 1 cart. Pics are from Google, but that's what I have, complete, with a beat to hell box. Going to clean it up and play with it later, hope it works.... and maybe search Ebay for some Famicom games.

Even weirder than the black cat crossing on 4/13, I looked up info on Famiclones a while back and bookmarked a page full of variants, and clicked on it for the first time in many months just the other day wondering "why did I bookmark this page?" as I had not visited it since my original inquiry.

Too bad Finds of the Year is locked. Aside from those Wii Rip offs sold at Walgreen's i've not run across any bootleg systems at thrift stores, especially one so odd. I'm totally going to replace the red LED's in the eyes that apparently light up when powered on with blue ones.
Attachments
powergames2.jpg
powergames2.jpg (17.09 KiB) Viewed 3430 times
powergames.jpg
powergames.jpg (19.96 KiB) Viewed 3430 times
penguin.jpg
penguin.jpg (21.89 KiB) Viewed 3430 times
Last edited by Bikeage on Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

$16 on Craigslist today:
Conker: Live & Reloaded
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
The Thing

All for Xbox. Not gonna take a picture as only Conker has a manual and I'm going to have to reprint the box art.
sbk
64-bit

Post by sbk »

I picked up Centipede Infestation for 3DS on clearance at Target today for 9.98 and also got Sonic Colors for DS for 14.01 because some kid opened and stole one for the free stylus' that came with it. I told my higher ups that it was rediculous to take off a whole five bucks because one of 3 free stylus' was stolen but they said we had to. Well no one bought it so when I got off I went and picked it up for 5 bucks off. On the way home made a quick Goodwill stop and found an original Game Boy, 2 carrying cases for it, and 8 loose games. They wanted 5 for the one case I kept and the other case which had the Game Boy and games in it they wanted 25. I talked them down to 15 because they didn't bother cleaning it up and the plastic piece that covers the screen was off but still there. I had to throw the case it was in out because it was just to dirty.

The games:
Super Mario Land
Qix
Tetris
Quarth
Motocross Maniacs
Boxxle
Paperboy
Boomer's Adventure in Asmik World
Attachments
2012-04-13_22.44.53.jpg
2012-04-13_22.44.53.jpg (77.7 KiB) Viewed 3414 times
cookie monster
Next-Gen

Post by cookie monster »

I hit a yard sale up the street that had a free box and snatched these.
They have scratches but worse case scenario i got me new drink coasters
woo hoo :)
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I was gone most of this week and didn't have time last week to post anything, so these are more 'finds of the week'.

I wasn't planning on getting anything last weekend since I'd gotten Xenoblade, but I was forced back to the mall and while I was there I took a look around to see if I could take advantage of their B2G1 sale. Lucky me, they'd gotten some new things in. Ended up getting:

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness
Crimson Gem Saga

All complete.

Now this past week we went on a bit of a road trip, so I stopped into a couple other stores. One of the Gamestops still had GBA games so I went through them and picked out the ones that interested me as well as a couple other things. The Kmart in town was also closing so I took advantage of their 30% clearance games.

GBA:
Kim Possible 3 - $1
Dynasty Warriors - $1
Super Robot Taisen 2 - $2
Yu Yu Hakusho: Tournament Tactics - $0.75
Nightmare Before Christmas - $1.75
Fortress - $0.75
Marble Madness/Klax - $2.79

Wii:
Deadspace $10.49

DS:
Trauma Center - $9.09
(Not that I have a system to play it on. It's going into the box with Chrono Trigger until I do.)

Not pictured:
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love (NEW, Complete in box with all the goodies-PS2) - $20 (Thank you BoneSnapDeez for explaining the difference between this and the Wii version to me.)
Half Minute Hero (NEW-PSP) - $10
Dragon's Lair (GC) - $7

Today I went out to the thrift stores and visited a pawn shop I've never frequented before. The prices at the pawn shop left a little to be desired ($10-$15 on all games). They didn't have anything older than a lone GBA game, but what they did have was a very nice selection of complete PSP games. It wasn't listed, but they said they'd give me 2 for $15. A lot of them weren't worth quite that much, but I did pick up a couple that have been eluding me at Gamestop for quite a while.

Then I headed over to the thrift store and picked up a real gem there and a couple other goodies. I also noted that they've brought their prices down on their systems. The Gamecube that they've had listed for $80 since December has been dropped down to $30 and they got in yet another fat PS2 that they marked at $40. They did have a Gameboy Color marked at $40 though, but it came with a couple of games so I'll give it a bit of a pass. Not that I got any of the systems. I just thought it was nice to know that the prices have dropped a bit (read: lot).

Pawn:
Darkstalkers Chronicle
Legend of Heros II
$15 for both

Thrift:
Dark Water UMD movie (with insert) - $2
TMNT 2 (GBA) - $1.50
and, my happiest find of the day
Pokemon Ruby - $1.50 :mrgreen:

Not pictured:
MPL presents Paul McCartney and Wings ROCKSHOW (Betamax video :lol: ) - $0.50
Not that I have anything to play it on. I'd just never seen a Betamax tape in the wild before.

Also, this finally came in the mail:

It took so long to get here I'd almost forgotten I'd ordered it :roll:

Oh, and to top off my good day, my Zelda concert tickets also came in the mail today. Color me happy :mrgreen:
s1mplehumar
Next-Gen

Post by s1mplehumar »

Michi wrote:Oh, and to top off my good day, my Zelda concert tickets also came in the mail today. Color me happy :mrgreen:

Orlando? Lucky bastard! Nothing in the NE. :cry:
Nintendo ID, PSN, XBL: Eronnicus * Steam ID: s1mplehumar * Switch Friend Code: SW-3270-7921-5525
girlracer
Next-Gen

Post by girlracer »

Took a roadtrip.

Bargain Barn - Loogootee, IN

- Fatal Frame 2 (xbox)(cib) - $7

St. Paul Thrift Store - Loogootee, IN

- NES Adaptor - .50 cents
- Fable: The Lost Chapters (cib) - $2
- Sly Cooper (book) - .25 cents
- MegaMan (book) - .25 cents

K & M Video Games - Washington, IN

- Young Indiana Jones Chronicles - $4.95
- Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (cib) - $1.25
- Pilotwings (snes) - $1.25
- 3D Dot Game Heroes (cib) - $9.75

Kmart - Jasper, IN

- Resonance of Fate - $13

Swap Shop - Jasper, IN

- Blast Works (wii)(cib) - $4
- Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts (cib) - $3
- Gears of War 3 (cib) - $15

Salvation Army - Jasper, IN

- Kolibri (cib) - .49 cents
- Bubble Bobble (saturn)(cib) - .49 cents
- Robo Pit (saturn)(cib) - .49 cents

Gamestop - Jasper, IN

- Cynder (skylander) - $10 (this one of the only skylanders i've wanted so I paid retail)
Nutty
16-bit

Post by Nutty »

I visited the Goodwill today and scored these for 2 bucks a piece.