Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by jay_red Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:53 am

foxhound1022 wrote:Damn you guys and your telling me stuff. Went to GS today and got a new Tatsunoko Arcade Stick for $20. It's pretty sweet. Just wondering; does anyone have the Hori stick for Wii, and if so, how is it?

I had it and didnt like it, compared to the madcatz it feels pretty cheap. The buttons were the worst though, they were pretty hard to push down, and felt pretty cheap.

Some small pickups today:
Prince of Persia, Genesis, $2
Ghouls and Ghosts, Genesis $2
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
christopher85
24-bit

by christopher85 Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:07 am

So I randomly went into Sears today and found their Games on Clearance section. Browsing through I found: The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces for 19.99/ Muramasa: The Demon Blade for 14.99 / No More Heroes 2 for 9.97

Thinking that some of the prices were still kind of pushing it I figured that I would wait for a cheaper find but thanks to my ever determined 6th sense I asked for a price recheck and found out that the prices were actually wrong. The Sky Crawlers was actually 12.99, Muramasa: The Demon Blade was 9.00, and No More Heroes 2 was 4.57!

All I can say is for the first time Sears was able to put a smile on my face. I've been wanting these games for a while now. So I suggest Sears for those who want to stumble upon some awesome and cheap finds!
flojocabron
Next-Gen

by flojocabron Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:19 am

christopher85 wrote:So I randomly went into Sears today and found their Games on Clearance section. Browsing through I found: The Sky Crawlers: Innocent Aces for 19.99/ Muramasa: The Demon Blade for 14.99 / No More Heroes 2 for 9.97

Thinking that some of the prices were still kind of pushing it I figured that I would wait for a cheaper find but thanks to my ever determined 6th sense I asked for a price recheck and found out that the prices were actually wrong. The Sky Crawlers was actually 12.99, Muramasa: The Demon Blade was 9.00, and No More Heroes 2 was 4.57!

All I can say is for the first time Sears was able to put a smile on my face. I've been wanting these games for a while now. So I suggest Sears for those who want to stumble upon some awesome and cheap finds!

yup that happens. I work there. They have a set timeframe for when their games go down.

They sometimes get a list to mark down some games, but workers forget and prices do go down, with no cheaper price on them.

Go again and bug the worker or go to a price scanner to check on prices.

check on guitar hero/dj hero games too. They're clearance where I work and they may be where you are too.

doesnt hurt to ask.

congrats on your finds!
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
mobiusclimber
128-bit

by mobiusclimber Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:54 am

To add to my last post, I forgot but I actually also found Mario Baseball and Mario Golf for the Gamecube for $2 each at a pawn shop.

Found some good deals on CL. My buddy helped me out by picking up a Red DS system & games lot for $60 for me. It's the Mario Kart limited edition one (no box or anything, but has the game, Tetris DS, New SMB and a few other DS games, plus some GBA games like Castlevania (Circle of the Moon, I think), Mario & Luigi, Fire Emblem and a couple others.

I'm hopefully going to be picking up a Gamecube lot tomorrow night and I'll post how it goes. Funny, I just write about not finding or getting stuff on CL and now I'm finding a bunch of good ads and actually scooping some of em up (it's really been awhile since I've gotten jack squat from CL).
I have a ton of games listed at my store's site: Super Smash Video Games
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

by CRTGAMER Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:34 am

mobiusclimber wrote:I actually also found Mario Baseball and Mario Golf for the Gamecube for $2 each at a pawn shop.

I'm hopefully going to be picking up a Gamecube lot tomorrow night and I'll post how it goes. Funny, I just write about not finding or getting stuff on CL and now I'm finding a bunch of good ads and actually scooping some of em up (it's really been awhile since I've gotten jack squat from CL).

Good catch on the Gamecube games. Be sure the Gamecube console has the digital port just in case you ever find a component cable for it later on.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

pvt_awol
64-bit

by pvt_awol Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 am

Mechblue wrote:
Some guy had a Japanese Saturn listed in his ad and just kept re-posting it and never responded to my emails. I finally some how got a hold of him and he says he never got any of my other emails. So I think some times they are real and worth going for, some people will sell to the first guy only. Some may not have gotten your email.

LOL. I figured that you're the one who bought that. That guy is still trying to sell the genesis stuff that he had with it. I called on the Saturn when I first saw it, but decided against it. After he parted the Saturn out, he actually called me back to see if I wanted the Genesis stuff. I told him that the price he was asking was fair, IF it still came with the Saturn. Now he can't seem to sell his Genesis stuff. I think you got a good deal on that one dude.
PixelPunk
16-bit

by PixelPunk Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:16 pm

So that $50 bundle of both Famicom systems arrived in the mail today! Check em out!
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

by xan_racketBOY_fan Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:46 pm

PixelPunk wrote:So that $50 bundle of both Famicom systems arrived in the mail today! Check em out!

Nice 8) You should try bringing back that SF (possibly that Famicom, too) to its former glory using Yukima's guide.
harper
Next-Gen

by harper Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:13 pm

xan_racketBOY_fan wrote:
PixelPunk wrote:So that $50 bundle of both Famicom systems arrived in the mail today! Check em out!

Nice 8) You should try bringing back that SF (possibly that Famicom, too) to its former glory using Yukima's guide.

Wow that guide is really cool. It's actually making me wish I had something that needs de-yellowing. haha
TheClassicVideoGamer
16-bit

by TheClassicVideoGamer Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:41 pm

Went to three thrift shops today, third time was the charm.
Didn't find anything until i looked in the back at the employee only area and saw an nes and an snes system sticking out of a box. I asked an employee about it and he said they were waiting for an snes power adapter, so they had the stuff back there for a while waiting for one. He allowed me to look through the box. I asked how much, he said 60. I kept finding good games until i reached the bottom and saw Chrono Trigger. I ended up negotiating to 45.
Salvation Army I proudly support you! Here is what I got.

Nes system All cords and 2 controllers
Eggsplode NES
Power Pad

Snes System No power with AV with 2 official controllers
SNes System No power with RF with 2 3rd party controllers
Chrono Trigger
Donkey Kong Country x2
Ninja Turtles in Time
Link the the past
Kirby Superstar
Wolfenstein 3d
Mohawk and Headphone Jack