Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
User avatar
lwcook
128-bit
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:34 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by lwcook Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:22 pm

wclem wrote:Because I couldn't take it anymore. I just finally tired of the posts. DS, this was never aimed at you. As for the work people do, I see what I see. I am sure there is behinds the scene stuff, maybe what I should say is simply that you are not using someone who has taken an extreme interest in this site and I see people who are actually are getting on him for his lengthy efforts.

I have just read enough of people comments, it is not in the interest of this forum for people to make negative comments about someone post. If it isnt in the rules it should be. I have said enough though, I will not comment on it again. People here can do as they wish, I will not comment on it. If it persist I will waste my small amount of idle time elsewhere.

By the way I paid 18 bucks for mega man 7, torn label and all. Dont even know if it works but it was find for me. If you dont like it feel free to comment. I will remain very happy with it regardless. My find of the day!


No, I completely agree. I just thought the post I quoted was being pedantic.

We have a place for special finds now. People should be able to post everyday finds in here without getting their balls stepped on.
mjmjr25
 

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by mjmjr25 Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:39 pm

I really do not care what someone considers a find, per se, moreso I want a story, or else i'm looking at your grocery list, which is boring.

If you interpret this thread to mean - post everything you find, every single day, so be it. Many of us think that would be better served in someones dedicated collection thread, or even a quip in the "smiled / ticked off" thread.
If you interpret this thread to mean - post something you find that has a cool or interesting story (ie, and actual "find), so be it.

What I do care about is lazy / boring posts. I too care about this site and community and just as many people, perhaps more, are turned off by pointless lazy posting as are turned off by "negative" posting.

Since many people like to quote the OP, i'd suggest "interpreting it" instead. What is the point of encouraging pics? My thought is to show us something new or unusual. Do y'all really believe the idea is snap a photo of a SMW cart? C'mon guys. If you have a killer story to go with it, I want to hear it. I really do, that is why I spent my free time searching my favorite thread.
Last edited by mjmjr25 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4340
Joined: Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:26 pm
Location: Madison, WI

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by YoshiEgg25 Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:42 pm

It is fucking idiotic arguments like this that make people like me want to stop coming here.

Fucking sick of it. If I wanted this shit I'd go to GameFAQs.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
User avatar
lwcook
128-bit
 
Posts: 516
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:34 am
Location: South Carolina

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by lwcook Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:52 pm

YoshiEgg25 wrote:It is fucking idiotic arguments like this that make people like me want to stop coming here.

Fucking sick of it. If I wanted this shit I'd go to GameFAQs.


Agreed. How can such a simple "fun" thread get some complicated?
User avatar
Hazerd
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3384
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Hazerd Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:53 pm

The cart was $8 at a local Pawn America, i also picked up 4 copies of SMW for $5 each and a Super Mario Kart for $4, they have odd prices, as sometimes i seen 2 copies of the same game and the prices can be $10-20 difference :lol:
Image
Image
User avatar
swiftzx
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2945
Joined: Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:13 pm
Location: Youngsville,NC

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by swiftzx Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:54 pm

Hazerd wrote:The cart was $8 at a local Pawn America, i also picked up 4 copies of SMW for $5 each and a Super Mario Kart for $4, they have odd prices, as sometimes i seen 2 copies of the same game and the prices can be $10-20 difference :lol:


Happy now? You got your story.
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
mjmjr25
 

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by mjmjr25 Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:04 pm

swiftzx wrote:
Hazerd wrote:The cart was $8 at a local Pawn America, i also picked up 4 copies of SMW for $5 each and a Super Mario Kart for $4, they have odd prices, as sometimes i seen 2 copies of the same game and the prices can be $10-20 difference :lol:


Happy now? You got your story.


No, nothing unique, nothing fun. Sounds like a guy picked up some stuff to flip it. Very boring and not a reason for me to have checked the thread today.

Apparently that qualifies as worthy posting for some of you, but certainly not for me. That is sad for this community imo, and though i'm the only posting much about it today, I know for a fact there are many who feel the same.

To hopefully end this - because I don't love the idea of so many of us friends getting upset over something silly, i'll simply repost something from hobie, which is where I was originally coming from. Though things seem to be getting more upsetting and personal for some folks, so I prefer that didn't happen. I like too many guys i'm arguing with right now and that is not the goal at all.

This is:

Hobie-wan wrote:If it reaches a point that a fair number of people think that there are a lot of stupid posts (on the whole site) that they feel the need to skip and scroll past, then we've turned into a craphole like the Gamefaqs forums or wherever. I'd prefer that didn't happen. Just turning a blind eye to too many 'not so good' posts of all kinds starts a slippery slope.


As contributors, we owe it to each other and to the site to be attentive when we post, to be informative, to be fun. The lazy post (imo) today was just that, lazy and the sort of "why-post-that" stuff that many folks also see as a problem (moreso even than the squabbling we are doing now).
Last edited by mjmjr25 on Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harper
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 2532
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:40 pm

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by harper Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:12 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:
swiftzx wrote:
Hazerd wrote:The cart was $8 at a local Pawn America, i also picked up 4 copies of SMW for $5 each and a Super Mario Kart for $4, they have odd prices, as sometimes i seen 2 copies of the same game and the prices can be $10-20 difference :lol:


Happy now? You got your story.


No, nothing unique, nothing fun. Sounds like a guy picked up some stuff to flip it. Very boring and not a reason for me to have checked the thread today.

Apparently that qualifies as worthy posting for some of you, but certainly not for me. That is sad for this community imo, and though i'm the only posting much about it today, I know for a fact there are many who feel the same.

I'm sure I've posted my share (if not more than my share) of uninteresting posts but honestly if something doesn't interest me I just keep scrolling. I try not to start arguments or talk shit if at all possible, although sometimes it is hard to hold back. I don't mean that there's anything wrong with mjmjr25 pointing out what he's pointing out or saying what he's saying, but it seems that when arguments start it's just making more of a mess than posts that maybe aren't so worthy of being here because they're not "omg amazing".
User avatar
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 4573
Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:32 pm
Location: Hartland Wisconsin

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by ninjainspandex Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 pm

mjmjr25 wrote:I really do not care what someone considers a find, per se, moreso I want a story, or else i'm looking at your grocery list, which is boring.

If you interpret this thread to mean - post everything you find, every single day, so be it. Many of us think that would be better served in someones dedicated collection thread, or even a quip in the "smiled / ticked off" thread.
If you interpret this thread to mean - post something you find that has a cool or interesting story (ie, and actual "find), so be it.

What I do care about is lazy / boring posts. I too care about this site and community and just as many people, perhaps more, are turned off by pointless lazy posting as are turned off by "negative" posting.

Since many people like to quote the OP, i'd suggest "interpreting it" instead. What is the point of encouraging pics? My thought is to show us something new or unusual. Do y'all really believe the idea is snap a photo of a SMW cart? C'mon guys. If you have a killer story to go with it, I want to hear it. I really do, that is why I spent my free time searching my favorite thread.

i think this is the thread you want viewtopic.php?f=47&t=35346&hilit=finds+of+the+year now
Image
User avatar
Hazerd
Next-Gen
 
Posts: 3384
Joined: Sun May 29, 2011 5:40 pm

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

by Hazerd Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:16 pm

ninjainspandex wrote:i think this is the thread you want viewtopic.php?f=47&t=35346&hilit=finds+of+the+year now


lol, i already tainted that thread with my copy of Hagane.
Image
Image
Return to Game Deals

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest