Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Michi
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by Michi »

It's been a long while, but I finally came across something that I felt was 'find' worthy (though I suspect that only Bone and few select others will care), curtesy, once again, of my favorite thrift store.

Odyssey 2
2 Controllers
Hookups
23 games

$53 (with tax)

A bit pricy for my thrift store, but for the system and 23 complete, boxed games (and yes, they do have their manuals) I didn't think that was so bad.

I think the thing that amuses me the most is that the official way to 'seal' the game boxes seems to have been "put a piece of tape on it." :lol:
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Amazing. I am so jealous!
BoneSnapDeez
Next-Gen

Post by BoneSnapDeez »

That is exquisite. Great console. I wish I had that many boxed games!
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Michi wrote:It's been a long while, but I finally came across something that I felt was 'find' worthy (though I suspect that only Bone and few select others will care), curtesy, once again, of my favorite thrift store.

Odyssey 2 - 2 Controllers - Hookups - 23 boxed games
$53 (with tax)

A bit pricy for my thrift store, but for the system and 23 complete, boxed games (and yes, they do have their manuals) I didn't think that was so bad. I think the thing that amuses me the most is that the official way to 'seal' the game boxes seems to have been "put a piece of tape on it." :lol:

That is an amazing find, must have come from a collector. Maybe the owner passed away and relatives did not know value? I would visit back to that Thrift store daily to see what other systems were donated. If a franchise, hit every store driving distance!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

That's amazing. 23 complete games? When do you find that for any console at a thrift. Congrats.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Great score, Michi! The odyssey 2 has some great box art. As a graphic designer, don’t be surprised if you find yourself spending more time pouring over the package design than you do playing the games! 8)
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Better than the new one!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Wow a quarter, that's crazy. I thought I did good last week finding Resident Evil Revelations (or should I say Revelaitons) for the 3DS for $6 at the same named pawn shop. Sometimes when places just want it gone but not to accept total defeat, they really want it gone and 25 cents would do it.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Nice pickup! Just in time for the Xbox One update!
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

I'm glad all of you appreciate my Odyssey find. I know I was excited when I saw it. Especially with how good the condition of the boxes were. For the most part, it looks like most of the games and the system were either rarely played or meticulously stored. Only a couple of the boxes are a little squished, but really, considering that most of them are from 78'-79', the fact that they survived at all is astonishing.

CRTGAMER wrote:That is an amazing find, must have come from a collector. Maybe the owner passed away and relatives did not know value? I would visit back to that Thrift store daily to see what other systems were donated. If a franchise, hit every store driving distance!

There's a reason that particular thrift store is my favorite for a reason :) This is the same store where I found that super awesome Sega find a few years ago. And they often continue to get in sporadic retro goodies. Sega, Game Boy, NES, laserdisc... I've found it all in that shop. Just yesterday they put out 2 slim PS2s and a PS1 (not that I need either.) They've got a boatload of PS2 games out and I'm keeping my eyes peeled for any PS1 games that pop up. (Come oooon RPGs...)

samsonlonghair wrote:Great score, Michi! The odyssey 2 has some great box art. As a graphic designer, don’t be surprised if you find yourself spending more time pouring over the package design than you do playing the games! 8)

:lol: I spent well over an hour admiring the boxes and reading the little manuals (admittedly, some of that time was spent gently sliding the manuals out of their little cubbies first, but I digress.) One of my great loves is package design, so not only do I get to admire the fact that the boxes still exist, but I also get to stare lovingly at their covers and appreciate all the hand-drawn details of the designs.