Gameboy Color (Teal) - $3

Pawn Shop

.hack Infection (CIB) - $4
Deadly Premonition - $12
Jet Force Gemini - $1
StarTropics - $1
Castlevania Simon's Quest - $1

Goodness gracious!
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended...so the world might be mended.
pvt_awol
64-bit

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by pvt_awol »

Mechblue wrote:
BoringSupreez wrote:
Mechblue wrote:They had a bunch of new in box third party pieces, majesco GBA wireless adapters, two boxed Gameboy pocket /color magnifiers etc (not official). Didn't figure there was much value in any of that old third party stuff.

Don't worry, they're worthless. Even sealed.

Yeah figured, came across a few New in box 3rd party sega controllers a while back. Most were worth little to nothing. Figured gameboy stuff wouldn't be any different. :lol:

c'mon guys.... doesn't anyone buy this stuff to keep and use and play? Does everything have a to have a value associated with it? All I'm hearing is that I only buy stuff from Goodwill if it has re-sell value.....

I say if you aren't using it, let someone who needs it pick it up. And not just because you can buy it for a buck at Goodwill and re-sell it on Ebay for $10. Let someone else have a chance. This whole thing just disgusts me. No one is even in it for the games anymore. Just to try and take advantage of someone else who doesn't know what they have so they can make a quick buck.

Mechblue, I'm still pissed at you for buying both of those master systems (just to make a "quick buck") when I needed one to actually use. You could have just as easily left one for me to buy.

I guess I realize that it is competitive at times, but it seems like I'm competing with wannabe Ebay pirates, rather than like minded game players. I hate this.

**** sorry everyone, rant over. :oops:
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

Times are tough, why not take advantage of our video game knowledge and make a buck, ever watch American Pickers?, yeah they make a living off buying peoples stuff that they dont know the value of and turning it around for profit.

just sayin...
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

I don't blame people for doing it, but the practice is still kinda shitty imo.

It's one of the things that has driven up prices on so many things over the past few years too, I reckon.

EDIT: Actually, I think a discussion on 'flipping' (buying items solely to resell them) would make a good thread on its own.
ksloth
32-bit

Post by ksloth »

I definitely can see both sides to this one. Personally, I fall mostly into the first category. I only buy things that I want to play, i'm not really a collector because if I ever came across a collectible game and bought it, I would just open it up and play with it.

I did that with a new in box never opened Genesis that I picked up on Ebay, and it was really fun breaking all the seals and getting that new/old console smell hehe.

That said, I can understand why people do it, it's just not for me. I too would rather leave it in the hopes that someone who needed it would find it and play with it.
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

ksloth wrote:I only buy things that I want to play, i'm not really a collector because if I ever came across a collectible game and bought it, I would just open it up and play with it.

I would totally break open a BRAND NEW Earthbound in the large box with the guide if i ever got my hands on one, WUAHAHAHAHHAA!!! it would be even more fun if it was graded. :wink: :twisted: :lol:
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Hazerd wrote:
ksloth wrote:I only buy things that I want to play, i'm not really a collector because if I ever came across a collectible game and bought it, I would just open it up and play with it.

I would totally break open a BRAND NEW Earthbound in the large box with the guide if i ever got my hands on one, WUAHAHAHAHHAA!!! it would be even more fun if it was graded. :wink: :twisted: :lol:

How would anyone know it had been opened anyhow? It was never sealed. If you were very gentle with it, no one would know the difference. In fact, that's the problem with buying "new" copies of Earthbound on Ebay.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
pvt_awol
64-bit

Post by pvt_awol »

Hazerd wrote:

THIS is the exact reason why I don't buy sealed stuff. LOL. I'd feel bad for breaking the seal and playing it. You can bet your ass that when I got my $100 dollar copy of Chrono from Ebay, I slapped those posters on the wall with thumbtacks, and I plopped that cartridge right on in to my dirty SNES. I'm definitely a collector, but that comes second to playing the greats and having an awesome time. The only "sealed" games in my collection are new PS3 and 360 games that I bought and haven't had time to play yet!
pvt_awol
64-bit

Post by pvt_awol »

PS, lets do start a thread so that we're not hijacking the finds of the day thread. Maybe a mod can move these last few posts over to it? Try and keep things nice and tidy, you know.