Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
harper
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by harper »

JsGameRoom wrote:
harper wrote:
sabrage wrote:You want my Pokemon Blue? I'm never gonna play it.

I probably won't either honestly but if you make me a deal I can't refuse then well, I can't refuse. :P

How much are these pokemon games going for now?

I have like 2 reds, 2 blues, yellow, gold,silver, etc etc I literally have probably 20-25 different pokemon gameboy games

I definitely don't keep up with the prices on Pokemon games but the cheapest "Buy it Now"s for Blue, Red and Yellow are all sitting at $25 on ebay. Probably all from the same seller but I didn't look that far into it.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

JsGameRoom wrote:
harper wrote:
sabrage wrote:You want my Pokemon Blue? I'm never gonna play it.

I probably won't either honestly but if you make me a deal I can't refuse then well, I can't refuse. :P

How much are these pokemon games going for now?

Fully working, they're worth about $20. If the battery is dead, it's more like $5.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
DinnerX
Next-Gen

Post by DinnerX »

$20 dollars for the best selling gameboy game.

People are strange.
Since this signature affects old posts, I'm leaving a message here in case anyone searches for my username. This account died in early 2013. I am no longer a fundamentalist.

Don't add to my problems by pretending my past views are still held in the present. I do not have any patience for that. Feel free to ask me what I think now.
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

DinnerX wrote:$20 dollars for the best selling gameboy game.

People are strange.

I've found it to be more likely for Red/Blue to go for $10-$15. I wouldn't pay $20+ for a cart-only copy. Heck, I'm looking at the $20-$30 range for a complete copy.

Still haven't found it, but I'm looking. :P
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
cookie monster
Next-Gen

Post by cookie monster »

Sold a blue last week for 25. and a dead battery yellow for 10.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:
DinnerX wrote:$20 dollars for the best selling gameboy game.

People are strange.

I've found it to be more likely for Red/Blue to go for $10-$15. I wouldn't pay $20+ for a cart-only copy. Heck, I'm looking at the $20-$30 range for a complete copy.

Still haven't found it, but I'm looking. :P

I got my complete copy of Blue for $20 shipped on ebay. It's one of the few games I've ever wanted complete and it was more than worth it since I wanted it so I could have all three games for the original GB. But that was a couple years ago. It looks like they've gone up quite a bit since I picked up mine, but I wish you the best of luck in finding a good auction :)
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

Got a complete copy of Metal Gear Solid for PS1 at Goodwill for $1.97.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Matrix Path Of Neo - $5.39 Gamestop
HDAdvance Compatible. Not a bad game, definitely better then the first one. Red Pill or Blue Pill?

Matrix Path of Neo.jpg
Matrix Path of Neo.jpg (191.52 KiB) Viewed 1024 times

Enter The Matrix Japanese Special Edition - $5.00
HDAdvance Compatible. I thought the bonus DVD would be the movie in Japanese, turns out to be bonus game footage. A nice surprise with exclusive footage that plays in a regular DVD player after Region unlocked.

Added to the PS2 Special Editions Guide. Right click for a larger pic.

Unreal Tournament - $5.00 Bookoff
HDAdvance Compatible. An oldie, but good FPS Arena game that supports a USB Mouse and Keyboard.

Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure - $1.79 Gamestop
Why is every game that has the alien ET in it a crappy game? I already knew the game is terrible, bought for the obsurity and just to see why it was rated so low. Woody Woodpecker supplies the screeching narration. :lol:

Enter The Matrix - $2.69 Gamestop
HDAdvance Compatible. I had to rescue this CIB and to augment the Japanese Special Edition.

IntelliVision Lives - 0.89¢ Gamestop
HDAdvance Compatible. Another CIB rescue, already own this game. Nice to have a backup of a great classic compilation. :mrgreen:

Unreal Tornament - World of Goo - Universal Studios - Enter Matrix - IntelliVision Lives.jpg
Unreal Tornament - World of Goo - Universal Studios - Enter Matrix - IntelliVision Lives.jpg (227.23 KiB) Viewed 1024 times

World Of Goo - $5.00 Clearanced Walmart
A very nice chance find, the CD was on the clearance endcap at Wallymart. I played the demo on the Wii and loved it. Almost tempted to buy it at the time if it wasn't a download purchase. A hybrid PC/Mac CD that can ALWAYS be installed even when support goes away on the Wii, Android, IPad and Steam versions. No DRM, no online authentication requirements, just a nice pressed CD sitting on the shelf. I already did a FULL Install of this game on a my PC laptop, daughter's Mac, and wife's PC Desktop. A recent game that does not need the CD or online authentication to play. 8)

Anyone who has not played this game should give it a try, there are Demo versions for the computers and Wii. The computer versions also have fan made levels and a separate level creator.

Wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Goo
Word Of Goo Site: http://2dboy.com/games.php
Free Soundtrack: http://kylegabler.com/WorldOfGooSoundtrack/

Fan made Levels and level Creator: http://goofans.com/

Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

CRTGAMER wrote:Universal Studios Theme Park Adventure - $1.79 Gamestop
Why is every game that has the alien ET in it a crappy game? I already knew the game is terrible, bought for the obsurity and just to see why it was rated so low. Woody Woodpecker supplies the screeching narration. :lol:

Oh, god. The look on poor ET's face. Even he doesn't look like he want's to be in that game.
Jmenglan
64-bit

Post by Jmenglan »

Picked up an original Xbox, Dead or Alive Ultimate, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, Ninja Gaiden Black, and the Riddick Escape from Butcher Bay for 52.00 dollars. Not the best deal but I like to support my local play n trade.
“The best government is a benevolent tyranny tempered by an occasional assassination.”
-Voltaire