Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by Tanooki »

That is a solid one. I've had the ch flight yoke variant of it both the lighter LE release and the standard and they work fantastic with old planes but even odd space stuff like Tie Fighter.
Anapan
Next-Gen

Post by Anapan »

Randomly looking up the best CRTs and jumping through system11/Neogaf/arcadeotaku I found mention of a UHD 4:3 CRT capable of over 1080p - closer to 2300 horizontal limit on it's analog input (that's it's only input (s) but they can handle anything the host adapter can send!).
Sun/Sony 21" model no: GDM-5010PT aka M50LMD15X
$75 shipped?! (OBO)?!?

The shipped price was an ebay error, tho after receiving it, I did my best to pay the seller the proper shipped price from my best estimates of the freight labels.
This thing is built to be a medical display or some such thing!
It has fine-tuning on the fringes in the corners and it's anti-guass control is so very easy to tweak to perfection.
I was previously enjoying my RGB modded consoles on my 1080P plasma display fed through my XRGB Framemeister @ 480P with introduced scanlines.
As I was testing all the available hardware with it, I found a working HDMI to RGB 31Khz transcoder.
Ever see 480P output with introduced scanlines with also visible scanlines between those fake scanlines?
Goddamn, Everything I tried to work towards was so ineffective at emulating a 480P display! It was only though a much better display that I found out my previous solution was a sham! Now I am trying to find a better large-screen 15Khz monitor than the few small ones I have (Not really true, my bro has a WIP 34" CRT that's 7/8 of the way converted into a cab).

Also, I bought a Sync processor that has only managed to introduce some noise in my signal and rustle my jimmies.

At least the cap replacement on my Game Gear is going well, it starts up longer. 2/3 of the cap sleeve to go.

Still, I'm having a blast! I need to socialize more, but I really want to achieve some near-perfection on my projects. Mostly I've been noting lacking hardware and blaming that on my video output (rightfully so!).
If only I had an OSSC :roll:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

From a garage sale. For a total of the equivalent of about $25.

A few mags and Mega CD games.

The Star Wars: Rebel Assault game has a demo disc of that game included in the case.
The seller did mention that he may have other "demo discs and Sega stuff" lying around. I'll probably pop in there again when I get a chance and see what else he might have.

"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
joehero
32-bit

Post by joehero »

Found this at a local second hand store. Wasn't sure all of what was inside at first.
Found this at a local second hand store. Wasn't sure all of what was inside at first.
gba bag new.jpg (140.02 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Not bad for $6.99!
Not bad for $6.99!
gba new.jpg (90.1 KiB) Viewed 1463 times
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

That bag looks like it's from a local place here called Unique, same sticker but I know they also go by the name savers or value village in some spaces if I remember right. Really nice deal.

I found some gaming/gaming related stuff today too. $2/ea (got 2) goldenye 64, and 50cents for full tilt pinball for PC (amazingly it works in 64bit windows if you dump the directories off CD to the computer.) Also got basically a Nintendo japanese released knockoff style of those disney tsum tsum things, a pikachu sealed up in a bag for a dollar.
brainerdrainer
32-bit

Post by brainerdrainer »

$20 got me this lot today. Not too bad. Image
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Nice, the deals are still out there!

Do not remember if I posted it here but got Zelda for the CD-i awhile back for 1.99 at Goodwill!
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

wclem wrote:Nice, the deals are still out there!

Do not remember if I posted it here but got Zelda for the CD-i awhile back for 1.99 at Goodwill!

Good one! I always wanted to add this game to my collection, but not for the eBay price.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

brainerdrainer wrote:$20 got me this lot today. Not too bad.

WOW! Very good price for the consoles, games and not to often spotted today the Commodore 16 and Commodore 64. I own numerous of the Commodore, but never got into the 16 pr Plus series. That C64 neat for discovering all the cart games making it a video game console plugging into SVideo/Composite TV ready to go. The 2600 controllers work just fine in the C64, do not use the Genesis controller though to avoid damage.

Once you get into Commodore gaming, a floppy drive and tons of game disks out there. Where is MAS?

-----------------------------------------------------------

EDIT REPOST (From original Post October 16,2017)

Xbox Steel Battalion Line Of Contact - CIB New Condition $15.99 BookOff

Not a great price, but could not pass up. I had bought just the center portion controller for Steel Battalion a year or two ago at a Thrift Store on the cheap. I doubt I will ever find the complete controller set at a reasonable price, but really wanted to try the game. Reading the game booklet discovered Steel Battalion Line Of Contact does support a regular Xbox controller, though appears just the Progress Menu screen. After getting home, disappointed as the front label stated it is online gaming only. Ah well, an uncommon game for the collection and there is a LAN option. Maybe a hack out there to allow offline free roaming play?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Color Change Game Coffee Mugs
LiqMat on October 28, 2017 wrote:So I really like the Intellivision temperature color changing coffee mug Target is selling right now at their stores for $12.99. Is this new? Never have seen it before nor can I find it online.

I'm at a Super Target now. It's says on the box Intellivision Productions Inc. and looks to be made by a Surreal Entertainment. Here are some photos right from the Target shelf.

Look closely at mug above. Guess the Intellivision icon before opening the spoiler!

:arrow: Please do not post the Icon Name other then stating you got it right so that others can guess.
LiqMat on October 28, 2017 wrote:http://atariage.com/forums/topic/271484-intellivision-coffee-mug-target/#entry3878491

The evolution theme from ape to man when it's cold and when heated the running man appears at the end of the evolution chain and a large Intellivision logo at the bottom changes color.

The game icon came from various Intellivision games, synonymous matched to the game Night Stalker.

Thank you to the member at Atari Age for posting the Thread and especially the picture of the Intellivision Mug UPC.

I had the UPC (6707-1116-9749) saved in my phone and had planned on having Target do a remote search of all the stores nearby. Turned out my daughter found the uncommon mug at another Target and picked it up for me. :mrgreen:

Oh and concerning the other post at Atari Age on the Pacman and Gameboy mugs at Kohls, also try Barnes Noble. :idea:

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

Neat gimmicks!