Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by elmagicochrisg »

ninjainspandex wrote:well i found a copy of shining force III for the saturn for $60 shipped in near mint complete on Amazon.com the only flaw is the manual has a bent corner. dunno if this belongs on the finds of the day but considering it seems to be going for $100 now days i think i made out like a bandit.

If you think it's a find, then it's a find. Period.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

Ziggy587 wrote:This thread usually comes with a story or information which leads to nice discussion. Not just by CRT, but by me and other members as well.

i definitely agree with this. i remember crtgamer posting about buying a common ps2 game - i think - and he drove all over his state and wasted precious gas and time just because he didn't want to buy it online. that was a pretty interesting read. it would have been totally different he just would have posted "i bought x game today."
if you took a shit, please put it back
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

final fight cd wrote:
Ziggy587 wrote:This thread usually comes with a story or information which leads to nice discussion. Not just by CRT, but by me and other members as well.

i definitely agree with this. i remember crtgamer posting about buying a common ps2 game - i think - and he drove all over his state and wasted precious gas and time just because he didn't want to buy it online. that was a pretty interesting read. it would have been totally different he just would have posted "i bought x game today."

mosts of my finds are from stalking amazon and ebay since i live in wisconsin and retro game stores are few and far between :cry: so dunno how to make interesting stories out of them lol
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

elmagicochrisg wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:well i found a copy of shining force III for the saturn for $60 shipped in near mint complete on Amazon.com the only flaw is the manual has a bent corner. dunno if this belongs on the finds of the day but considering it seems to be going for $100 now days i think i made out like a bandit.

no, it isn't. If I think buying a used PS3 game for $55 at Gamestop is a "find" when it is $30 new elsewhere or that buying Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for $4 at a garage sale is a "find" because the game is a "real classic" and I post stories, giant images, and endless exuberance about both then I would be a giant fucking idiot but my purchases would not be "finds" despite my delusions.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

ninjainspandex wrote:
final fight cd wrote:

mosts of my finds are from stalking amazon and ebay since i live in wisconsin and retro game stores are few and far between :cry: so dunno how to make interesting stories out of them lol

I recently made an ebay buy i plan to post in here, and the excitement and story comes from the bargain win/sniping/etc. - I think posting a game you found for almost half of market value anywhere else is just fine.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Post by elmagicochrisg »

dsheinem wrote:
elmagicochrisg wrote:

no, it isn't. If I think buying a used PS3 game for $55 at Gamestop is a "find" when it is $30 new elsewhere or that buying Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt for $4 at a garage sale is a "find" because the game is a "real classic" and I post stories, giant images, and endless exuberance about both then I would be a giant fucking idiot but my purchases would not be "finds" despite my delusions.

One would presume the members on this forum to have a little common sense to know when they 'just bought a new game' or 'had a find'...

And just in case, but I'm not arguing just for arguing's sake here. I just think having many different threads just for purchases makes things unnecessarily difficult. Like I said, if there has to be a thread for normal everyday purchases, make it clear in the thread's title...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

OK, OK, we can talk about what we each think this thread should be about for weeks and no one will ever agree. I'm gonna put out my suggestion to what I think is a good solution that will make every one happy. Feel free to talk about how shitty it is, if you wish.

Three threads:

Thread 1: The Strict OMG WTF Finds of the Day thread: Strictly awesome finds. Whether it be Shining Force 3 for $5 in a pawn shop or a NES Word Championship cart for $1 that you found in a box of NES games at a yard sale. The kind of purchases that actually make your mouth drop.

Thread 2: The Game Purchases with Stories and Information thread: What I already stated I like about this thread. The purchase itself doesn't matter, per se, but the story does. Whether I bought Zelda Skyward Sword for $50 at Wal Mart but the cashier was picking her nose the entire time, or it's just some weird purchase and I post info pertaining to the item. However, no actual game discussion. Like when I posted about a standard GameStop used game run, but the cashier was a fucko. Or when I bought that weird memory card type thing for a Famicom and posted info on it.

Thread 3: The "games acquired" thread, or whatever it's actually called. It can stay the way it is? For standard game purchases, if you must post about it. No story, no interesting information.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Ziggy587 wrote:OK, OK, we can talk about what we each think this thread should be about for weeks and no one will ever agree. I'm gonna put out my suggestion to what I think is a good solution that will make every one happy. Feel free to talk about how shitty it is, if you wish.

Three threads:

Thread 1: The Strict OMG WTF Finds of the Day thread: Strictly awesome finds. Whether it be Shining Force 3 for $5 in a pawn shop or a NES Word Championship cart for $1 that you found in a box of NES games at a yard sale. The kind of purchases that actually make your mouth drop.

Thread 2: The Game Purchases with Stories and Information thread: What I already stated I like about this thread. The purchase itself doesn't matter, per se, but the story does. Whether I bought Zelda Skyward Sword for $50 at Wal Mart but the cashier was picking her nose the entire time, or it's just some weird purchase and I post info pertaining to the item. However, no actual game discussion. Like when I posted about a standard GameStop used game run, but the cashier was a fucko. Or when I bought that weird memory card type thing for a Famicom and posted info on it.

Thread 3: The "games acquired" thread, or whatever it's actually called. It can stay the way it is? For standard game purchases, if you must post about it.

I appreciate the constructive feedback :D

So in this schema...do we lock this current one and start three new ones? Which one does this become, considering that it was traditionally more like thread 1 that you propose and it has become more like thread 2 that you propose?
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

dsheinem wrote:I appreciate the constructive feedback :D

So in this schema...do we lock this current one and start three new ones? Which one does this become, considering that it was traditionally more like thread 1 that you propose and it has become more like thread 2 that you propose?

LOL, I know, that's a conundrum. I think it might be better to lock this thread up and make the two new, split threads. The first posts in each thread will clearly define the thread's purpose. I think that's the best way to avoid confusion. Also, post a link to the new threads in the last post in this thread. That way, regular viewers of this thread that have missed this wont be confused what happen.
dsheinem
Next-Gen

Post by dsheinem »

Ziggy587 wrote:
dsheinem wrote:I appreciate the constructive feedback :D

LOL, I know, that's a conundrum. I think it might be better to lock this thread up and make the two new, split threads. The first posts in each thread will clearly define the thread's purpose. I think that's the best way to avoid confusion. Also, post a link to the new threads in the last post in this thread. That way, regular viewers of this thread that have missed this wont be confused what happen.

That works for me. Anyone object? I can do this tomorrow unless people really have a problem....