Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by BRIK »

Bought Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 for $5 from a Game Traders for the Dreamcast. Haven't played it yet, but it looks pretty shit. Not gonna lie.
It was more an impulse buy than anything because I never see Dreamcast games in my neck of the woods. The only other games there were 3 copies of Trickstyle, which I already own.
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

BRIK wrote:Bought Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 for $5 from a Game Traders for the Dreamcast. Haven't played it yet, but it looks pretty shit. Not gonna lie.
It was more an impulse buy than anything because I never see Dreamcast games in my neck of the woods. The only other games there were 3 copies of Trickstyle, which I already own.

Was this part of GT's 40% off preowned sale?
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

Yeah it was.
To tell the truth there wasn't really that much of a good selection besides from some PS1 games, even those were nothing special.
Just like everything else in Perth the second hand game shops here suck.
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

BRIK wrote:Yeah it was.
To tell the truth there wasn't really that much of a good selection besides from some PS1 games, even those were nothing special.
Just like everything else in Perth the second hand game shops here suck.

Better to save your $5 and put it towards something worthwhile online, usually the case with Retro gaming in Aus in general.
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

Yeah although you can sometimes get lucky with garage sales and swap meets, both of which are really common in my area.
But as for shops Game Traders seems to be the only retro game shops in Perth. I searched all over town and Google and I couldn't find one specialized retro game shop in Perth that wasn't GT's :(
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Super Smash Bros has brought it back into the limelight just like internet memes did to the PowerGlove.

Never mention the Scope and the Power Glove in the same sentence again!! :evil:

:lol:

I love my Super Scope! A battery killer, sure, but the few games it was made for are awesome! Don't overlook Battleclash or Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge (Battleclash 2). Yoshi's Safari is also a neat little departure from the Mario series..

super scope games are a great reason to mod you wii. battle clash and yoshi's safari are awesome played with the wiimote.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Post by optmusprimenumber »

Yesterday I scored an oXBox (no hookups), a Monster s-video cable (male-male) that I'll be needing soonish, a PS controller extension cable, a "Genistick" joystick for Genesis w/ the box, a pair of Akklaim Dual Turbo wireless controllers with the receiver for Genesis w/ the box, and an official Genesis 6-Button Controller. All for 41 and some change at a thrift store.

I'll be putting the Genistick and the Dual Turbos up on my FS/FT thread so keep a look out if they interest you. I have to borrow a camera to get some proper pics up...

O(!), and I also got a Mayflash PS2 Controller to oXBox adapter off ebay. I forget how much I paid but I remember it not hurting. Now I can play those PS2 to XBox +ports (Genma Onimusha and Tenchu: Return from Darkness) with the proper controller. Only problem is, thanks to Onimusha's far-from-customizable-controls, I have to unlearn what I have learned about R1 and L1 and relearn it for R2 and L2, annoying. Tenchu has fully customizable controls. I think I want to get a oXBox Controller to PS2 adapter for Deus Ex: The Conspiracy, I've always favored that controller for console FPS action.
mrkola
16-bit

Post by mrkola »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Pop the viewing part of the sight off, flip it other way around so the rubber cup is facing you and it's perfect. Oh, and sanitize the viewing piece on the sight. You don't want to inadvertently get pink eye or some infection!

lol Wow I can't believe I took a picture of it that way :P. I must have put it on backwards after I took off the viewing part when I was cleaning it :lol:

Rurouni_Fencer wrote:I love my Super Scope! A battery killer, sure, but the few games it was made for are awesome! Don't overlook Battleclash or Metal Combat: Falcon's Revenge (Battleclash 2). Yoshi's Safari is also a neat little departure from the Mario series..

Thanks for the suggestions dude! My girlfriend has Yoshi's Safari so I'm sure we'll be trying that out within a few days :D . Battleclash/Metal Combat both look pretty sweet. I'll definitely pick those up when I get the chance.
Systems: Odyssey²|Atari2600|NES|Famicom|SMS|MVS|Genesis/32x|MVS|TG16|SNES|3DO|Saturn|PS1|N64|Dreamcast|PS2|oXbox|
GameCube|Xbox 360|Wii|PS3|WiiU|XbONE|PS4|Gameboy|GameGear|Virtual Boy|Nomad|GBP|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|3DS|Vita
[Collection -Out of Date] [DeviantArt] [last.fm] [Big Rapids LAN]
Metal Militia
128-bit

Post by Metal Militia »

Picked up Mortal Kombat Vs. DC Universe on PS3 for $10 new at Gamestop since it's on sale this week.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Wasn't really looking for anything today, but I went to an antique mall today and low and behold a complete copy of Ecco The Tides of Time. Go figure.

Well, that put me in a good mood, so I stopped by a thrift store and found they'd gotten quite a bit in :D Most of it was either junk or something I already had, but I picked up Animaniacs, Aladdin, Clay Fighter, and Mega Man X for SNES, and Super Mario Brothers 3 and Alien Syndrome for NES. With the Electronic department half off, the grand total with tax came to $4.24. :mrgreen: