Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by Tanooki »

Got lucky today which is rare, solid (mega for this area) deals far as I'm concerned given it was half price books.

Picked up excellent condition copies of both for $30/ea Killer 7 and MGS Twin Snakes for the Gamecube, and then 2 blu-ray complete movie sets for $15/ea of ST:TOS 1-6 and STTNG 1-4. The games usually are like $50 and 40 respectively and the disc sets normally are about $30 each. Saved 25% on the games and was like B1G1 on the movie sets.
SonicGamer74
24-bit

Post by SonicGamer74 »

Hey there, folks. It's been a while since I've posted here (I think well over a year), but I decided to peek back into these forums!

I got a lot of stuff since then, so I'll just stick to this week's nabs, to simplify things.

This week (so far), I've nabbed:

SEGA Game Gear Handheld: $40
Animaniacs (SEGA Genesis) (Factory Sealed): $16
MDK 2 (Dreamcast): $4
Intellivision Console: $24
Tomb Raider (Saturn): $8
Armor Battle, Sea Battle, and Night Stalker (All Intellivision, CIB): $6 each
Space Battle (Intellivision): $4
SEGA CD Console (Model 2): $70
Hexen (Saturn): $10

This is all that's arrived so far in the mailbox. Normally don't spend that much for consoles (in regards to Game Gear/SEGA CD), but the Game Gear was working, and I needed a working one, and that's probably the lowest I've seen a working SEGA CD at all on my end. Game Gear works, but the image seems a bit inverted from what I messed with. Still more playable than my old one, and if it's anything like that one, the image clears up eventually. The SEGA CD, Tomb Raider and Hexen all arrived at the house, so I'll have to check on it after work today.

MDK 2, Tomb Raider, and Space Battle are all missing manuals, but have their original box/cases. Hexen is disc only.

Thoughts?
This user really likes SEGA Saturn. Avoid at all costs.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

SonicGamer74 wrote:Hey there, folks. It's been a while since I've posted here (I think well over a year), but I decided to peek back into these forums!

I got a lot of stuff since then, so I'll just stick to this week's nabs, to simplify things.

This week (so far), I've nabbed:

SEGA Game Gear Handheld: $40
Animaniacs (SEGA Genesis) (Factory Sealed): $16
MDK 2 (Dreamcast): $4
Intellivision Console: $24
Tomb Raider (Saturn): $8
Armor Battle, Sea Battle, and Night Stalker (All Intellivision, CIB): $6 each
Space Battle (Intellivision): $4
SEGA CD Console (Model 2): $70
Hexen (Saturn): $10

This is all that's arrived so far in the mailbox. Normally don't spend that much for consoles (in regards to Game Gear/SEGA CD), but the Game Gear was working, and I needed a working one, and that's probably the lowest I've seen a working SEGA CD at all on my end. Game Gear works, but the image seems a bit inverted from what I messed with. Still more playable than my old one, and if it's anything like that one, the image clears up eventually. The SEGA CD, Tomb Raider and Hexen all arrived at the house, so I'll have to check on it after work today.

MDK 2, Tomb Raider, and Space Battle are all missing manuals, but have their original box/cases. Hexen is disc only.

Thoughts?

Yeah, I think we need to see some pics of your cool finds! :lol: especially the Sega stuff. 8)
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

SonicGamer74,

I'm jealous that you got MDK 2. I played the demo countless times on the Generator Disc that came with my Dreamcast I found in 2003.
johnblade
32-bit

Post by johnblade »

Not all at once but pick up this month. (sorry for the bad pics from my smart phone and the flash).

GP2X- F100
GP32 FLU
REVO K101+

I think the one I am mostly interested is the REVO for playing GBA games in a small pocket handheld. The other two is mostly want to get it for the odd homebrew handheld. Only thing suck is the GP32 don't have a cable adapter to connect the unit to the computer which mean I need to get a smartmedia reader to go to the card. Also, smartmedia 128mb isn't cheap....geeze.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

johnblade wrote:Image

Not all at once but pick up this month. (sorry for the bad pics from my smart phone and the flash).

GP2X- F100
GP32 FLU
REVO K101+

I think the one I am mostly interested is the REVO for playing GBA games in a small pocket handheld. The other two is mostly want to get it for the odd homebrew handheld. Only thing suck is the GP32 don't have a cable adapter to connect the unit to the computer which mean I need to get a smartmedia reader to go to the card. Also, smartmedia 128mb isn't cheap....geeze.

Wow. I haven't seen a GP32 in years. I used to want one back in the day. Pretty cool. 8)

How does the gp2x hold up today? Is the emulation any good? Or all the emulators out of date?
johnblade
32-bit

Post by johnblade »

samsonlonghair wrote:Wow. I haven't seen a GP32 in years. I used to want one back in the day. Pretty cool. 8)

How does the gp2x hold up today? Is the emulation any good? Or all the emulators out of date?

The GP2X hold up okay if you want to try out some of the homebrew games on it even though some games just crash (could be my version firmware which is original V1). I did try emulation on it (not my choice) and man...you can see how much have chance on the emulation side when this unit came out till now. Still, I was very interested of this unit and manage to get one on the second hand. I will mostly going to use it for the homebrew games made for this unit and stick it there as I have other way to emulate games.
J_Wil
32-bit

Post by J_Wil »

It’s been a while since I posted anything here, which seems to be a common theme looking through recent posts in this thread of late. I just felt like checking in on the forum. I moved to Japan about a year ago and I could literally post a “hey, look what I found” pretty much every week but I figured I’d just share a couple of finds from the last month. Collecting here has been great & has really reinvigorated my love for it. 2013 was probably the last time it was truly fun until I moved out here. The current exchange rate is about $1 to ¥108.

A0033B9C-370A-40E2-ACD1-380807E5D177.jpeg
A0033B9C-370A-40E2-ACD1-380807E5D177.jpeg (386.25 KiB) Viewed 1429 times
"Oh great, another box of useless sh*t."

Main Collection: http://connect.collectorz.com/users/ynjmwil/games?viewCollection=in-collection - Not looking to move anything on this list but would entertain offers.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Hoping I can go back to Japan this year, Hard Off and Book Off were ten fold on any store in Akiba or Den Den Town,.
J_Wil
32-bit

Post by J_Wil »

emwearz wrote:Hoping I can go back to Japan this year, Hard Off and Book Off were ten fold on any store in Akiba or Den Den Town,.

I’m on the other side of Japan, close to Nagasaki. The selection probably isn’t as good but the prices are way better. I’ll have to post a picture of my closet. I’ve picked up so many consoles for ¥100-500. It’s ridiculous.
"Oh great, another box of useless sh*t."

Main Collection: http://connect.collectorz.com/users/ynjmwil/games?viewCollection=in-collection - Not looking to move anything on this list but would entertain offers.