Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Mod_Man_Extreme
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by Mod_Man_Extreme »

sevin0seven wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Did you try exchanging it for another copy?

yes, and it was the last one in stock! :? all this trouble to play TMNT: Smash up...sigh. i only got the game because it was cheap..

Hmm, in this case it's the store that needs to transfer in another copy for you. At GS something like this is typically resolved in under 10 minutes and with either a swap out for another copy, transfer in from another store or the customer traveling across town to the closest store with one in stock.
My Consoles:
Genesis - Nomad - SegaCD - GameGear - Sega Saturn - Dreamcast - NES - SNES - N64 - Gamecube - Wii - Playstation - PSone & LCD - PS2 - PS3 - Xbox - 3DS

Niode wrote:Send him a dodgy cheque. Make it out to Scammy McScammerson.

Check out my sale thread below, NeoGeo MVS carts & Arcade gear wanted!:
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=11366
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
sevin0seven wrote:
Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:Did you try exchanging it for another copy?

yes, and it was the last one in stock! :? all this trouble to play TMNT: Smash up...sigh. i only got the game because it was cheap..

Hmm, in this case it's the store that needs to transfer in another copy for you. At GS something like this is typically resolved in under 10 minutes and with either a swap out for another copy, transfer in from another store or the customer traveling across town to the closest store with one in stock.

hmm....there ARE a few Targets here around my area. let me see how the others would handle my issue before i call Ubisoft again tomorrow. the last time this happened to me at Toys R Us, they just gave me my money back since they could not find one in stock!
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
Mendoza
128-bit

Post by Mendoza »

Saw a copy of Magna Carta 2 at best buy for 14.99.

Is that a worth getting? It seems to be a bit of a deal.
Hateshinai
128-bit

Post by Hateshinai »

aaron wrote:
Hateshinai wrote:Image

No manuals unfortunately. I paid 40 Euros for the lot, so not too cheap. But seeing that I live in a country where it is almost impossible to get anything related to retrogaming, I'm quite happy.

are these all PAL releases? you should do some rarity searching on atariage.com

All PAL. I'll check it out when I have some time.
Mostly harmless
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Haven't really found much recently.

I went to a couple of Gamestops last weekend. I picked up a couple of GBA games and finally found a copy of Eternal Darkness and F-Zero complete for Gamecube (You'd think that last one wouldn't have been that hard to find :? ). Some idiot put the price sticker on the label of Eternal Darkness, but I was able to gently peel it off with no damage and little effort. I also found a copy of Killer 7. No manual, but I haven't seen one in the wild before and I've really wanted to play it.

Found a nice copy of Final Fantasy IX for $5 at a flea market the other day. From the looks of it, it looks like the last three disks have never been used.

Also found an NES Cleaning Kit for $1 still in the box at a thrift store yesterday. Doesn't look like the pin cleaner has ever been used based on all the replacement pads the thing still has. And while the cart cleaner seems to be missing, the replacement tips aren't. I'm gonna try that sucker once my new pin connector starts acting up. :)
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

Every Extend Extra and N+ (PSP), both complete for $10.
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

noiseredux wrote:Every Extend Extra and N+ (PSP), both complete for $10.

Nice pickup on N+. If you like that version, then you should try the ds version out. One of my favorite indie games :)
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

GBA-GC cable. 99 cents.

Is it possible to link the cable to my GB Player and control it that way while I still don't have a GBA?
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
FAHQALL
24-bit

Post by FAHQALL »

AmishSamurai wrote:Is it possible to link the cable to my GB Player and control it that way while I still don't have a GBA?

Don't believe it is.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Another four time run like an crazed collector lunatic to Gamestop. Read on for my rant.

PS2 Zone of Enders with bonus Metal Gear Demo Disc - $2.99
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/zone-of-the-enders/6927

I already have this complete with the bonus demo disc game, but couldn't pass up on another complete copy with both the Metal Gear bonus disc and the PS2 specific case second disc holder that always seems to be missing on the used two disc games. As for the game, fly the giant robot around then down to the city to do a Mech battle.

I think complete PS2 double disc holder cases are more rare then REZ or PAL ICO. :lol:
Gamestop Haul 03-23-2011a.jpg

Capcom Classics Collection Vol 2 - $6.99
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/capcom-classics-collection-volume-2-used/63811

I saw this one, and did not buy it right away. I already have all these games Mamed and Final Burned on the PC, as well as Mamed on the Mac and even Wow Mamed on the Dreamcast. A lot of redundant Street Fighters and Shump games of the era, but one game in that pack kept teasing me. Three wonders, a relatively unknown but a real Hidden Jewel of an Arcade game.

I went back the next day and it was still there in the rack! Grabbed that case immediately and bee lined straight to the register, no time to look at other titles. Disc in pristine shape.
Gamestop Haul 03-23-2011b.jpg

Capcom Classics (Volume 1) - $9.99
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/capcom-classics-collection/40224

With Capcom Classics Collection 2 safely purchased and hidden in the car, I went to another Gamestop and discovered this one. The weird thing is I wasn't even searching for these compilations. But here is the first volume teasing me to complete the collection.

A few questions made me undecided.
1. Why does this game compilation cost more then the first one?
2. Do I really need another compilation of yet more Street Fighters and Shumps?
3. Ghost 'n Goblins and SNES Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts in there teasing me.
4. I have all this emulated already on several other systems.

I took the complete intact case and manual to the cash register and asked the employee to scan the bar code to see if the price went down. Nope, still $9.99. Oh well never mind, did not buy the game and left the case and manual with the employee. On the way home, I started getting the haunting thoughts of the employee tossing that under ten dollar case instead of taking the time to put it back on the shelf.

Oh the horror, I just sent a hard to find complete game to the Gamestop dumpster muncher. :evil:

I also was thinking how much fun I had playing the original Arcade Ghost 'n Goblins, the knight running around in his underwear after getting his armour shot off. So that night I hit Amazon, yes Amazon my favorite unbiased from customers review site. Also another of my favorite review sites which gave an A rating to both volumes:
Video Game Critic wrote:http://www.videogamecritic.net/ps2cc.htm

Capcom Vol 1 - This package is a no-brainer for any serious video game fan. "A-"
Capcom Vol 2 - No question about it, this is a lot of gaming action for your money. "A"

http://www.videogamecritic.net/

Image Image
Most reviews as expected are positive, There are tons of Street Fighter versions spread on both game discs. The final straw, I saw Sevin's signature pic teasing me, maybe I needed to be hit by a combo move a few times:

Okay, okay enough! I ran (after maddening traffic red light stops to the store parking lot) back the next morning, first customer at the door meeting a different employee opening up. To my surprise, the case didn't get tossed but was happily sitting back on the shelf. As an emphasis to my fortune, the unaware of my previous visit employee made a comment. "The game may be hard to find, under ten dollar games are usually in envelopes in the clearance rack, surprised you found that case." Turned out the game was still in the drawer, whew! Sevin, if I see a piano appear in Streetfighter, then I know I really have lost it. :lol:

The Capcom game disc has a nice label, "1984 - 1992" printed on it, a nice touch. A shame Volume Two or other arcade Compilations don't have the years covered printed on the game discs. I now have 44 "Capcom Arcade Cabinets", no money or space for the real ones. Throw in all the bonus material scattered on two discs as well as a Capcom Trivia questionnaire (extra exclusive addition to the regular Quiz Dragons game) a real bargain!
Gamestop Haul 03-24-2011.jpg

Da Capcom Games:
Wiki wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capcom_Classics_Collection

Volume 1
1943: The Battle of Midway
1943 Kai
Bionic Commando
Commando
Exed Exes
Final Fight
Forgotten Worlds
Ghosts 'n Goblins
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Gun.Smoke
Legendary Wings
Mercs
Pirate Ship Higemaru
Section Z
SonSon
Street Fighter II
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Street Fighter II Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Ghouls 'n Ghosts
Trojan
Vulgus

Volume 2
1941: Counter Attack
Avengers
Black Tiger
Block Block
Captain Commando
Eco Fighters
The King of Dragons
Knights of the Round
Last Duel
Magic Sword
Mega Twins
Quiz & Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game
Side Arms Hyper Dyne
Street Fighter
Strider
Super Street Fighter II Turbo
The Speed Rumbler
Three Wonders
Tiger Road
Varth: Operation Thunderstorm

Both Capcom Collections not HDAdvance but HDLoader 8b+ compatible. :mrgreen:

I have my second PS2 HDAdvance hard drive mainly filled up with Retro arcade compilations for the local car show for two reasons. The games fall in with the "Blast from the Past" theme of the Car Show and the bright solid retro games show up better in the TFT Monitor in the Sunlight. Okay I also have REZ, Dead or Alive and Soul Caliber there too. The third hidden PS2 Hard Drive reason, is no game discs that might get stolen, all safe back home.

A side note. The prices are before the Gamestop rewards discount, its not much usually around a dollar less. The price stickers are removed after the picture is taken with Liftoff 2, great stuff!
I swear someone must have beat me with a stupid stick. Gamestop does have a seven day return refund policy even if you don't like the used game you cheap dummy. In this day of $60.00 games whats a lousy ten bucks!

Gamestop Used Game Lesson Learned:
When in doubt BUY!
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:28 pm, edited 9 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425