Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
elmagicochrisg
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by elmagicochrisg »

Last edited by elmagicochrisg on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new, odorless and sealed)

All forum members are equal. But some are more equal than others. - George Orwell
FerretGamer
Next-Gen

Post by FerretGamer »

Well, I finally checked out the CD/Game Exchange in Silver Spring, MD. I've been wanting to go there for sometime now since it is the closest thing that I have to a store that actually stocks retro games. Anyways, the selection wasn't too bad and then I saw something that lit my eyes up.

A Silver Neo Geo Pocket Color with 5 games sitting proudly in the glass cabinet. I managed to snag the system with games for about $70, which I thought was a decent price.

The games were as follows:
Sonic Pocket Adventure
King of Fighters R-2
SNK Vs. Capcom: Match of the Millennium
Samurai Shodown II
Metal Slug 1st Mission.

It also came with what looks like a fresh set of batteries and a replaced CR2032. :)
For now, I've been playing it in the kitchen since we have super bright lights in there. I'm sure my wife thinks I'm nuts standing there playing the NGCP in the kitchen. :lol: Metal Slug 1st Mission is easily becoming one of my personal favorite handheld games.

The one thing that upsets me is that considering I live in the DC metro area, there aren't many options for retro game shopping. :( It makes me wish I still lived in NYC.

Anyways, I went on ebay and bought a US Release of Faselei! for about $13 shipped. I can't wait to play that. :)

I really NEED to find a worm light or something similar for the NGPC or I will never be able to play it in the night time. :(
Exhuminator wrote:Sega gonna Sega.
Czernobog
Next-Gen

Post by Czernobog »

FerretGamer wrote:Well, I finally checked out the CD/Game Exchange in Silver Spring, MD. I've been wanting to go there for sometime now since it is the closest thing that I have to a store that actually stocks retro games. Anyways, the selection wasn't too bad and then I saw something that lit my eyes up.

A Silver Neo Geo Pocket Color with 5 games sitting proudly in the glass cabinet. I managed to snag the system with games for about $70, which I thought was a decent price.

Sonic Pocket Adventure
King of Fighters R-2
Samurai Shodown II
Metal Slug 1st Mission.

Nice! I love my NGPC. You've got some real good games to go with it too! Unfortunately a worm light is a little hard to find and may set you back a bit if you want one quick. Luckily that screen is damn crisp!
alienjesus
Next-Gen

Post by alienjesus »

Czernobog wrote:
FerretGamer wrote:Well, I finally checked out the CD/Game Exchange in Silver Spring, MD. I've been wanting to go there for sometime now since it is the closest thing that I have to a store that actually stocks retro games. Anyways, the selection wasn't too bad and then I saw something that lit my eyes up.

Sonic Pocket Adventure
King of Fighters R-2
Samurai Shodown II
Metal Slug 1st Mission.

Nice! I love my NGPC. You've got some real good games to go with it too! Unfortunately a worm light is a little hard to find and may set you back a bit if you want one quick. Luckily that screen is damn crisp!

Unlike most handhelds from back when, I've never had trouble seeing the screen of the NGPC.

Anyhow, thats a pretty nice set of games you got with it there. SNK vs Capcom is particularly highly sought after.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

The Witcher -Enhanced Editions - $8 via EB Games
FiftyDollarCurse
128-bit

Post by FiftyDollarCurse »

Same thrift store, different day:

SNES Model 2 (loose) - $4.00
yes, it was as filthy as it look but it cleaned up well and works perfectly

PlayStation games - $3.00
WWF WarZone (Greatest Hits)
Mech Warrior 2

NES games = $2.00
R.C. Pro-Am
Ikari Warriors
Dragon Warrior
A Boy and His Blob
WWF WrestleMania Challenge
Caveman Games
Pac-Man (Tengen)

Intellivision games - $2.00
Frogger
Pole Position (one of the slightly more scarce Int. games)

Strategy Guides - $0.50
N64 pocket guide to 12 N64 games

and these too...

PHILIPS CD-I games (?!) - $3.00
Space Ace
Dragon's Lair
Litil Divil
Clue
Battleship
Voyeur
Mystic Midway Phantom Express
Chaos Control
Tetris

Now, I have no idea what these CD-I games might be worth, $3 each could be a complete rip-off for all I know but it was such a curiosity that I couldn't pass them up. I'd never even seen CD-I games before and had no idea what their packaging is like. Does anyone here have a CD-I? Unless the actual system turns up at the store in the next week or so, I'll definitely be looking to trade or sell these.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

^that's insane dude!
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:Same thrift store, different day....

your thrift store rocks dude! 8)
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
final fight cd
Next-Gen

Post by final fight cd »

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:Same thrift store, different day:

color me jealous. nice finds!
if you took a shit, please put it back
BRIK
Next-Gen

Post by BRIK »

FiftyDollarCurse wrote:Now, I have no idea what these CD-I games might be worth, $3 each could be a complete rip-off for all I know but it was such a curiosity that I couldn't pass them up. I'd never even seen CD-I games before and had no idea what their packaging is like. Does anyone here have a CD-I? Unless the actual system turns up at the store in the next week or so, I'll definitely be looking to trade or sell these.

Checking eBay, they seem to go for between $15-$70 each.
Retro Game On's YouTube Channel << Featuring reviews, features and repair videos.