Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
pepharytheworm
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by pepharytheworm »

flojocabron wrote:It's in El Centro California.

It's pretty much the southernmost city in california.

It's between San Diego and Phoenix.

I'm sure its about 20 minutes away from you. :?

I wasn't asking because I want to go there, but because I work for the company.
Where's my chippy? There's my chippy.
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

mjmjr25 wrote:^Good, now you can pop it open and tell me what it's stock with, yeah? I can't find anything on it. What make and size are those buttons?

I don't know enough about arcade parts to answer this?
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

Typically an arcade stick like that will use a cheaper button and stick to save on costs.

Here is a pic of an agetec 27mm snap-in button next to a sanwa osbf30mm snap-in.

If those buttons are 30mm they will be much easier to swap out, if they are 29 or less (usually 27mm) but occasioally 24mm (those are def. bigger than 24mm though) then you would have to do some cutting to replace w/quality buttons.

I can shoot you a pic of the stock mad catz button from my sf4 stick and a pic of what I replaced it with. There is a clear performance difference, seriously.

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

the buttons are definitely better than the ones on the SF4 MadCatz stick.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

White button is pulled from the Mad Catz SFIV stick (not TE, but the stock white one that you and I have).

Red button is a Sanwa 30mm Screw in.

Differences are significant. Primarily a slightly thicker plastic that ensures better all around mechanics. The spring mechanism is wider and sturdier which is what prevents cheaper buttons from not registering. The more precise design also prevents buttons from getting "stuck".
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

I'll try to open it up and take pics for you in a bit Mike. Now you got me curious.

Size wise, it's flatter than the Agetec and about the same footprint as the MadCatz.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Came away empty handed today, but an interesting story from one of the Goodwill stores:

In the case was a box of Genesis games, maybe about 25 or so. It was a bundle priced at $50, and I asked to see it to check if there were any gems that might possibly warrant the price. First thing, all the games were wrapped in tape in the box, which would ruin any of the games that had tape on the label. Once I got the box out I noticed it was some official Sega cart holder, kind of like a cassette tape style holder, but it had Sega logos and such on it. I am looking through the games (nothing special at all) and the girl working asks what the games are for, and what "Genesis" means. I try to explain that it was a console from the early 90's (most likely way before she was born). She then goes on to ask why I would want these old games anyway, and seemed surprised when I said I collect them. Then she asked my Fiance some strange questions about how we got together...it was weird. Anyway, those games were all going to get ruined when someone decides to take the tape off, feel sorry for anyone who pays $50 for the lot.
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

at least you aren't the ex con.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
Onyxthecat
Next-Gen

Post by Onyxthecat »

Craigslist ad score: $30

Teal GBC - no sound
Yellow GBC

GBC
Zelda Oracle of Ages
Zelda Oracle of Seasons
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Tony Hawk 2
WWF Attitude

GB
Zelda DX
Wario Land
Wario Land 2
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2
Donkey Kong Land
Tetris
Mortal Kombat
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

totally got beaten today on a green Game Boy Pocket at value world for $6. some kid picked it up before i could. i'm hoping he'll actually use it, but i heard him talking about getting some games for it at the pawn shop, so i don't know.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller