Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by CRTGAMER »

ExedExes wrote:I never thought I'd do this, but the deal was too good to pass up and this will compliment the GBA and all the games I got this year for it so far -

Inching ever so deeper into the sixth generation.
Why yes, it also has the Game Boy Player.

$49 complete!
Nice! I didn't see it in the pic, but since a GBA cart is popped in, I assume it came with the GB Player disc? Try a PSX controller adaptor, play the games with an Arcade stick. :D

flojocabron wrote:sure buddy!

heres a pic.
Thanks, that is different! I'm tempted to buy it, oh crap so many to choose from. :?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gundam_video_games#PlayStation_2

PlayStation 2

Giren no Yabou: Zeon Dokuritsu Sensouden - Kouryaku Shireisho
G-Saviour
SD Gundam Force: Showdown!
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gihren's Ambition
Mobile Suit Gundam: Journey to Jaburo
Mobile Suit Gundam: Zeonic Front
Mobile Suit Gundam: Federation vs. Zeon
Mobile Suit Gundam: Lost War Chronicles
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED
Mobile Suit Gundam: Encounters in Space
SD Gundam G Generation Neo
SD Gundam G Generation SEED
SD Gundam G Generation Spirits
Mobile Suit Gundam: The One Year War
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED: Never Ending Tomorrow
Mobile Suit Gundam Z: AEUG vs. Titans
Mobile Suit Gundam: Gundam vs. Zeta Gundam
Battle Assault 3 featuring Gundam SEED
MS Saga: A New Dawn
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Generation of C.E. [1]
Gundam Seed: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T.
Mobile Suit Gundam: Climax U.C.
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed Destiny: Rengou vs. Z.A.F.T. II
Mobile Suit Gundam 00: Gundam Meisters
SD Gundam G Generation Wars
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

GamerMON
Next-Gen

Post by GamerMON »

Got an APC surge protector with battery back up for $6 at a thrift store that used to be a pet store. Also got a ps1 import disc for $1. Reading the page inside the dvd case it appears I need a "component spring" that was originally included.
pheria
8-bit

Post by pheria »

Not recent (a couple of years ago), but one of the best deals I ever encountered was getting a new/like new Steel Battalion from Gamestop for about $35.

I called nonlocal stores until I found one that claimed they only had the disc, and one that claimed they only had the controller, but that the controller was new and only marked as used because they lost the disc. The "bundle" was listed as $50, but each item was considered a "bundle" even though an item was missing from each. So I expected to have to pay $100, which I was okay with.

I got a local store to request them. When they both came in Gamestop also started a very steep discount on original Xbox games. I grabbed them and took them home. I opened up the box with the new controller and noticed a cardboard flap at the bottom. I pulled it up and BAM! New, sealed copy of the game. It was in there the whole time, they just never saw it because it was under a piece of cardboard. So I returned the other disc I purchased, and ended up only paying about $35 for the sealed game, and a new but open controller.

Now I do kind of wish I kept the extra game to play, and left the other sealed. But it's hard to complain too much. :wink:
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

CRTGAMER wrote:Nice! I didn't see it in the pic, but since a GBA cart is popped in, I assume it came with the GB Player disc? Try a PSX controller adaptor, play the games with an Arcade stick. :D

I got the GC unit with a controller, the AC power brick, the composite connectors, and the Game Boy Player *with* the startup disc for $49 on eBay of all places. There was a bid at $40 but I got it for $43 and only $6 shipping.

I have the X-Arcade solo stick, and I believe they carry a GC adapter for it. I already have the Dreamcast adapter.
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

The last of my (4) board purchases arrived yesterday. Got around to getting them setup in their new homes today.

Presenting:

Esp.RaDe
DoDonPachi
Ketsui
Ibara

This should occupy my time quite nicely :mrgreen:
dunpeal2064
Next-Gen

Post by dunpeal2064 »

Just Kets and Ibara could occupy your time for a decade!

Super sweet GETS!

I'd kill for that Dodonpachi board man, that's too legit. Didn't know you ended up snaggin it
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

^Yah, once he showed pcb pics and I knew it was legit, couldn't pass up on it.

I'm just glad i'm enjoying Dimahoo so much, so I don't rush into any of these. I'll wait til' you grab em' :mrgreen:
glynnahab
128-bit

Post by glynnahab »

I recently picked up a brand new, black label copy of Final Fantasy XII for $10 at K-Mart. I know it's not worth much now, but I plan on holding onto it and leaving it sealed since I already had another copy.

Do you guys think a game with such a large print run has any chance of seeing a significant increase in value over the next 5-10 years?
kingmohd84 wrote:I really won't buy a console with hair,
u never know where that hair came from
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

CRTGAMER wrote:Great price on your Sony! You might want to buy the power supply chips as backup just in case yours might fail down the road. Both of my KV32HV600 and KV32HS500 which are WEGAs have that Trinitron logo in the top left corner. The Trinitron name has been around for a long time, used for years prior to the WEGA line. I thought all the WEGAs have the Trinitron logo, what model number is your Sony?

I had seen it at one of the goodwill locations I hit up and it was $20, for some reason I passed on that price (still a good price!) Then I went there another day and it was marked down to $15 and I knew I had to load it up right then and there!

Mine says "WEGA" in the top left corner, I looked at the back and it actually says "Trinitron color TV" and the model number is KV-27HS420
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
foxhound1022
Next-Gen

Post by foxhound1022 »

mjmjr25 wrote:^Yah, once he showed pcb pics and I knew it was legit, couldn't pass up on it.

I'm just glad i'm enjoying Dimahoo so much, so I don't rush into any of these. I'll wait til' you grab em' :mrgreen:

Awesome snags on the boards, man. Congrats.