Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
flylikeabird
16-bit

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by flylikeabird »

Gotta love this time of year for in the wild thrift store finds. Best haul in awhile. With the discounts/promos they were running 28$ for all the below (ignore the vinyl in the top row lol).

NintenBroke
8-bit

Post by NintenBroke »

"I never thought it would happen to me" hahahah. First let me say it's been awhile since I posted. Took a break from video game hunting for awhile but been back at it and today was the day I dream of!! Went to some pawn shops and thrift stores and got a few decent finds. Looking for any good deals, but focusing on building original Xbox library and adding to my ps2 collection. Got a few keepers then the last place of my old haunts that I checked was like an apple tree in the fall just bursting with juicy awesome fruit!! Couldn't believe my eyes, got ton of awesome Original Xbox titles and the freaking coup de gras of GameCube titles. $3 each for all of them. The Ps2 Code Veronica and the awesome GC games I already owned for the most part, but $3 for those titles?? Wow. I bought so many games they threw in 2 xbox controllers a ps2 8gb memory card and an empty mariorkart ds case for "free". $107 I spent, I think I got my $ worth. See picks. Star fox assault case had it and SF adventure disc both inside. Bonus lol!! I collect it's if different systems, and I when I can get Awesome deals like this then I can flip some of the primo titles I have doubles of to offset the cost. I pretty much missed out on all original Xbox games but I got a console awhile back and there are some really good games for the system, I didn't have any of the ones I found today except Oddworl Strangers Wrath, but this copy I got today is much better condition. It was a great day!
Attachments
IMG_1075.JPG
IMG_1075.JPG (283.93 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1073.JPG
IMG_1073.JPG (171.8 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1072.JPG
IMG_1072.JPG (244.46 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
IMG_1071.JPG
IMG_1071.JPG (296.11 KiB) Viewed 1441 times
Last edited by NintenBroke on Fri May 12, 2017 9:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
NintenBroke
8-bit

Post by NintenBroke »

So these were what I had up til that last place where I scored all the stuff in the post above. This was from 2 pawn shops and a Salvation Army. Not bad, just a few Original Xbox titles and a couple Ps2 games and Wii fit Plus. Most of these were $1.99. Even at the pawn shops. I actually payed more per game at the Salvation Army than the Pawn shops?? Was a decent day before my last stop. Now got a bunch of cleaning and testing to do tomorrow! Good luck in the hunt!!
Attachments
IMG_1079.JPG
IMG_1079.JPG (276.07 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
IMG_1080.JPG
IMG_1080.JPG (242.97 KiB) Viewed 1409 times
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

Picked up Blue Destiny as part of the Gundam kick I've been on.

Last edited by Gunstar Green on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

Not an earth-shattering deal, but I stopped by a locally owned retro game store on my way home from visiting my mom and just happened to find a PC Engine CD unit with the interface unit, system card, box, and manuals for $250. Only a hair lower than I tend to see on eBay (though they're getting hard to find at all), but being able to see it and test it in person before buying made it more than worth the asking price for me (in addition to knowing that I'm helping a locally owned brick-and-mortar gaming store).
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Not an earth-shattering deal, but I stopped by a locally owned retro game store on my way home from visiting my mom and just happened to find a PC Engine CD unit with the interface unit, system card, box, and manuals for $250. Only a hair lower than I tend to see on eBay (though they're getting hard to find at all), but being able to see it and test it in person before buying made it more than worth the asking price for me (in addition to knowing that I'm helping a locally owned brick-and-mortar gaming store).

That seems a bit high, but I agree, there's something to be said about a local store and a guarantee.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

o.pwuaioc wrote:
ElkinFencer10 wrote:Not an earth-shattering deal, but I stopped by a locally owned retro game store on my way home from visiting my mom and just happened to find a PC Engine CD unit with the interface unit, system card, box, and manuals for $250. Only a hair lower than I tend to see on eBay (though they're getting hard to find at all), but being able to see it and test it in person before buying made it more than worth the asking price for me (in addition to knowing that I'm helping a locally owned brick-and-mortar gaming store).

That seems a bit high, but I agree, there's something to be said about a local store and a guarantee.

When you factor in shipping, I only paid $10 more than that eBay listing, and to have in-person confirmation that it works - not to mention having it CIB - I'm more than happy to pay that. Besides having mine CIB probably bumps its value up more than that $10.

retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Yeah, you're good. Nice buy.
o.pwuaioc
Next-Gen

Post by o.pwuaioc »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:
o.pwuaioc wrote:

When you factor in shipping, I only paid $10 more than that eBay listing, and to have in-person confirmation that it works - not to mention having it CIB - I'm more than happy to pay that. Besides having mine CIB probably bumps its value up more than that $10.

I don't know how I missed the shipping on that, so certainly you made out like a bandit here. Nice pick up.
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

o.pwuaioc wrote:I don't know how I missed the shipping on that, so certainly you made out like a bandit here. Nice pick up.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I set up myself up for major disappointment routinely when browsing eBay by not seeing the shipping at first. "Oh boy, what a bargain! Oh...wait...$70 shipping..."