Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by ninjainspandex »

well i found this a few days ago at my local used game store. i live in wisconsin and this is the first time i have ever seen a master system in the wild. it was $45 for the system the controller rf adapter, and 7 games cart only. i bought it as soon as i saw that one of the carts was phantasy star as that goes for $20 cart only. so this all in all was a good deal. as i said before i had to buy an av cable for it for about $7 w/ shipping as the rf is absolutely unplayable imo. i enjoy the system the games seem a bit cheaper then the nes imo, especially the game art who the hell thought this was a good idea all the carts look the same no art at all wtf. i ordered a couple more games online sonic 1 and 2 and batman returns and jurassic park, i heard that these games are the same as the game gear versions and i love that. side note is there a way to play game gear games on a master system like a super game boy?
Attachments
mastersystem.jpg
mastersystem.jpg (86.9 KiB) Viewed 742 times
ElkinFencer10
Next-Gen

Post by ElkinFencer10 »

After Burner and Rambo are both great, and you will NOT be disappointed with Phantasy Star. That remains one of my all time favorite RPGs.
Exhuminator wrote:Ecchi lords must unite for great justice.

cookie monster
Next-Gen

Post by cookie monster »

I finally found a nice one for my collection.
Looks like there are a bunch of master systems getting bought this week.
aisforaquabat
16-bit

Post by aisforaquabat »

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Is $70 a common price for Master Systems? I got my Model 1 Master System with two controllers, the AC adapter, and A/V cables for $30 a couple years ago.

I got mine a few years ago for $30 with the same stuff and a couple games. This was on shopgoodwill before it became more popular. Glad I got it!
cookie monster
Next-Gen

Post by cookie monster »

I got my master system at a yard sale it came with 26 complete games,3 loose carts 3 empty boxes and a gun for 5.00 that was a great day.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

At Salvation Army, a PSone, console only, $5. Tested it and it works just fine.

Prince of Persia Trilogy HD, for $20 at Walmart. Cheapest new copy on Amazon is a little over $30 when you include shipping.
I somehow never got around to playing the PoP series back during the PS2 days, so now I get to experience it for the first time. Hope to have fun.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

Icedawg wrote:Good insight... I briefly had a original master system before and I'm just not really a fan of the design. Master System 2 is smaller and I just like the look better, but since I'm not really a collector & am just looking to play the games... maybe I shouldn't be so picky

If you just want to play the games just get a power base converter. Less space, only one system to hookup, slightly cheaper (kinda?).

ElkinFencer10 wrote:Is $70 a common price for Master Systems? I got my Model 1 Master System with two controllers, the AC adapter, and A/V cables for $30 a couple years ago.

$30-50 is the going rate I believe. Any higher and it should have a box or lots of good games.
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

ninjainspandex wrote:...is there a way to play game gear games on a master system like a super game boy?

Unfortunately, there is not. The only practical way to play Game Gear games on a TV is through emulation (such as through a Wii, X-Box or PC). There was someone in Japan who made a consolized Game Gear, but I do not believe he is selling them.
god
64-bit

Post by god »

ninjainspandex wrote: i enjoy the system the games seem a bit cheaper then the nes imo, especially the game art who the hell thought this was a good idea all the carts look the same no art at all wtf.

Argh, that burnt my eyes to read. I love the unified minimal box art of the Master System. As you collect more, you will come to love it, just wait! Some of the cases do branch out actually, Robocop Vs. Terminator is one, and the Mortal Kombats from memory (I wouldn't bother though).

I think you'll enjoy collecting for the system, and the cheap cheap prices are a big part of that. Stay away from Genesis ports because they are almost always a disappointment.. The sonic games, 1 & 2 are great, dont touch Sonic Chaos with a 10 ft. pole though. Check out 'The Ninja' too, and Fantasy Zone.

The Master System 2 was my first console so I have a lot of nostalgia for it, but thats not its entire appeal I swear! And my Rainbow Islands cart just arrived in the post today! w00+!
Big Zenny Hustler
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

cookie monster wrote:Image
I finally found a nice one for my collection.

:D I remember you posted a while back that Gamestop would not ship, looks like the flood gates opened! I just received a third one myself, shipped all the way from Ohio! :mrgreen:

Look closely at the yellow price tag, its $29.99 with a date of 10-19-2006. When Gamestop called, the Ohio store had five copies but only one CIB. It was buried in the drawer since 2006. 8)

Right Click for a larger pic
Gotcha Force Triple Pack.jpg
Gotcha Force Triple Pack.jpg (227.19 KiB) Viewed 644 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425