Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by samsonlonghair »

I admit it. I'm jealous.

I'm sitting next to my fiancé trying to explain to her why these deals are so impressive. She thinks I'm a nerd, which is true.

Tell us J, how'd you wind up in the land of the rising sun?
J_Wil
32-bit

Post by J_Wil »

samsonlonghair wrote:I admit it. I'm jealous.

I'm sitting next to my fiancé trying to explain to her why these deals are so impressive. She thinks I'm a nerd, which is true.

Tell us J, how'd you wind up in the land of the rising sun?

I’m in the Navy. I admit, I had no desire to come here but didn’t have a choice in the matter. I hate the job but I actually love everything else about Japan. Collecting has been my saving grace but being out here as give me a sense of wonder that I haven’t felt since I was a kid. There’s so much audio and visual noise when you’re completely used to everything in your own environment that makes life boring. Out here everything from the architecture and the way the streets are set up to the food, language, & people is all new and interesting.
"Oh great, another box of useless sh*t."

Main Collection: http://connect.collectorz.com/users/ynjmwil/games?viewCollection=in-collection - Not looking to move anything on this list but would entertain offers.
marurun

Post by marurun »

Can you send packages to the US more affordably through US military services than Japan international post? Cause right now international shipping from the US (and often to it as well) sucks balls.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
isiolia
Next-Gen

Post by isiolia »

marurun wrote:Can you send packages to the US more affordably through US military services than Japan international post? Cause right now international shipping from the US (and often to it as well) sucks balls.

Last I've done so (I lived on Yokota AFB in '95-97) it was pretty much like mailing things domestically. Military has APO/FPO, so basically, USPS delivers it to a depot and the Military Postal Service takes it from there (or vice versa).
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

isiolia wrote:
marurun wrote:Can you send packages to the US more affordably through US military services than Japan international post? Cause right now international shipping from the US (and often to it as well) sucks balls.

Last I've done so (I lived on Yokota AFB in '95-97) it was pretty much like mailing things domestically. Military has APO/FPO, so basically, USPS delivers it to a depot and the Military Postal Service takes it from there (or vice versa).

Is this true? Hook us up, J_Will! Do you have a BST thread?
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Got this free off of offerup last night. It's missing the screen, and the amp broke off the board so the internal speaker is out, but it has a phones jack so I can wire up some stereo speakers which is better anyway. I found a temporary 15" 4:3 LCD to test it, so I know that it's just fine otherwise.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen

Post by samsonlonghair »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh my goodness Tanook! What a score! That's incredible! I'm as jealous as a jellyfish eating a jellybean!
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

My wife wants to try and pry me into making money on it...I think not. :) I've wanted a cocktail for a very long time but always so out of reach. I've got a 19" screen with a sound bar on it lined up to put into that thing which will fill the whole view area nicely and the soundbar with the phones plug can bypass the broken amp issue on the speaker.

In all, I'll have $25 invested into fixing it up and $7 for the test screen which I could just take back or keep in case for future testing. I do need to pop the lock off though and take it to this lock/safe company near by (willis klein) and get a replacement key or key+lock. My stupid cat was half way into it yesterday night, had to tail grab her out before she pulled wires and taped it up after that. :\

Amazing story, former property of University of Louisville. It had a twin that sat in the/a rec room at the college. They decided to demo and make a new one, and this along with other stuff was heading to a dumpster! Stupid! The guy I got it off of rescued both cocktails from the crusher and the other still had working screen installed and audio and this was the other one. I'll get it up right and running and he wanted to know if I did it. :)

He had no idea about most of it, thought it was an original cocktail with a 40in1 game in it and thought I had to flick the coin mech to coin up. I figured out how to get into the bios on the thing and put it on free play and enabled cocktail mode (he thought just one side played for both players.) I noticed each press got to each of the 60 games, so I updated the settings to stock figures/3lives across all and saved them which writes back to the chip so it's done other than the screen/audio and the lock aside from a few more screw/clips to keep the glass in place.
RCBH928
Next-Gen

Post by RCBH928 »

J_Wil wrote:It’s been a while since I posted anything here, which seems to be a common theme looking through recent posts in this thread of late. I just felt like checking in on the forum. I moved to Japan about a year ago and I could literally post a “hey, look what I found” pretty much every week but I figured I’d just share a couple of finds from the last month. Collecting here has been great & has really reinvigorated my love for it. 2013 was probably the last time it was truly fun until I moved out here. The current exchange rate is about $1 to ¥108.

A0033B9C-370A-40E2-ACD1-380807E5D177.jpeg

wait this doesn't sound right...$40 for a white Sega Saturn? $10 NGC controller? that things goes for $115 on Amazon right now
ESauced
64-bit

Post by ESauced »

I walked into the thrift store near my new house and managed to grab the following for N64:

Wave Racing
Ocarina of Time (Gold cart)
Majora’s Mask (holographic label)
Gameshark
Shadows of the Empire

Plus Mario 3d Land (3ds). All for $5. I own all of them already so I plan to sell them and use the cash to buy either another Switch game or a pro controller.