Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by ninjainspandex »

Breetai wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:The controller is better on the saturn only if you use dpad for fighters if you like a stick then dreamcast is better but i have a saturn to dreamcast converter anyway. What about the ps2 alpha antholgy one would think thats the best way to play sfa3.

How is a DC better with a stick than the Saturn? Both have top-notch sticks available.

As for the PS2 version of SFA3... if you are using a CRT, the Saturn version is STILL better. Resolution issues is the reason. Other than that, the PS2 Anthology version is arcade perfect.

its much cheaper and easier to get a good stick for the dreamcast then saturn you have to import a stick for the saturn and thats super expensive and they seem to be alot less common then the dreamcast ones.
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

ninjainspandex wrote:
Breetai wrote:
ninjainspandex wrote:The controller is better on the saturn only if you use dpad for fighters if you like a stick then dreamcast is better but i have a saturn to dreamcast converter anyway. What about the ps2 alpha antholgy one would think thats the best way to play sfa3.

How is a DC better with a stick than the Saturn? Both have top-notch sticks available.

As for the PS2 version of SFA3... if you are using a CRT, the Saturn version is STILL better. Resolution issues is the reason. Other than that, the PS2 Anthology version is arcade perfect.

its much cheaper and easier to get a good stick for the dreamcast then saturn you have to import a stick for the saturn and thats super expensive and they seem to be alot less common then the dreamcast ones.

They're still top-notch, though. ;)

There is a Saturn Virtua Stick (the good Japanese second release, not the one with the small buttons that we got in America) for sale on PCEngineFX for $30 shipped from Canada.
ninjainspandex
Next-Gen

Post by ninjainspandex »

Breetai wrote:
There is a Saturn Virtua Stick (the good Japanese second release, not the one with the small buttons that we got in America) for sale on PCEngineFX for $30 shipped from Canada.

dammit i paid like $155 for the saturn the virtua stick hss-0136 cib from japan :( it was mint and came ems.
Mephikun
128-bit

Post by Mephikun »

Breetai wrote:There is a Saturn Virtua Stick (the good Japanese second release, not the one with the small buttons that we got in America) for sale on PCEngineFX for $30 shipped from Canada.

Link me >:u
GameMasterGuy
Next-Gen

Post by GameMasterGuy »

Breetai wrote:

How is a DC better with a stick than the Saturn?

I wouldn't say one's better than the other, but due to the DC's D-Pad... not exactly being the best part of the controller, the DC needs it moreso than the Saturn. Granted, I haven't actually touched a Saturn, but it looks pretty much like the Genesis one.
Is that a 3DS XL in your pocket, or are you just glad to see me? ~ZeroAX
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Not the greatest finds, but the story is better...

$5 each:
Blast Corps
Wave Race
1080 Snowboard
Pilot Wings 64

I got them at a local thrift shop, Selden Thrift, one of the biggest thrift stores in my area. The thing is, last time I went in there (a year or two ago) all the games were in a locked glass case. So you couldn't really look through them, and the price tags that I could see, they were all WAY over priced. Today I hit up a few thrift stores, and Selden Thrift was one of them. Now they have all the games on a shelf, and not locked behind glass. Most of them were reasonably priced. A few I feel were a little overpriced still. When I was getting rung up for them, the dude at the counter looked at them and said, "Wow, they finally marked them down." I said, "Yeah, tell them they're barely worth that price, and a few of them are still overpriced." He told me, "Yeah, I've been telling them that for a while now." So I'm gonna have to check in there from time to time, see if they get any new stuff in.

They had some systems in a locked case. A white boxed PS2 slim for $140, a Gamecube with a flip screen on the top and no visible price, and a busted up looking Wii. On the electronics wall, they had a 7501 PS1 for $8. I was almost gonna get it, it looked in decent shape. I could've chipped it and sold it here cheap to some one, but I don't have the time. There was also first party Genesis and PS2 controllers for $2.99 each. I was gonna circle back around and pick up the PS2 controller but forgot to.

In another thrift store I was in, there was a boxed AC adapter for the Gameboy. I would've gotten it, but it was missing the wire that plugs into the wall. I think it's just a generic power cable, but it was $7, and I'm not sure how much they're worth on the internet, so I passed.

But the good news is that the Selden Thrift store no longer locks up the games, and they price them a little better now. So I'm gonna have to check in every so often.
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

Found a decent deal on some stuff today.

I was browsing ads on Craigslist earlier and found one for a yard sale where they said they'd have a Super Nintendo and some games as well as some N64 games. Lucky for me, they also left a number and said to call or text if you have any questions. So I asked what games they had and how much they wanted, they said $2 each which would've come to $46 but I asked if they'd do $40. Then I said I'd be interested in the system too if they'd do $50 on everything and they agreed. We met up today and here's what I ended up getting:

Snes games:
Cacoma Knight in Bizyland
Super Mario Kart
Castlevania IV
Super Mario All-Stars
Batman Returns
The Wizard of Oz
Dig & Spike Volleyball
Super Bases Loaded
Bulls vs. Blazers
NBA Jam
Madden '93
Scooby Doo Mystery
Mortal Kombat
Family Feud
Super Mario RPG (crappy label but I don't care)

N64 games:
Turok 2
The World is Not Enough
Cruis 'n Exotica
Super Smash Bros
Pokemon Stadium
Goldeneye
Cruis 'n USA
Turok
Mission: Impossible
Jet Force Gemini

And I was pleasantly surprised when the lady handed me and Snes mini instead of the first model. I'm ready to get all of this stuff cleaned up. So far I know the console works and I'm sure everything else will too. :D
beatnix
64-bit

Post by beatnix »

Really excited about today's find! I had every intention of buying a stack of Nintendo power magazines this afternoon but then stumbled across this deal on Craigslist and changes my mind.

Total cost was 30.00

Don't own a master system and this was awesome to come across. Pretty nice bundle. Missing the power cord and av cable an the 3D glasses have some cosmetic issues but hopefully can still work.

Great group of games... All complete

Prior to today, NHL 97 was my only Saturn game. Great upgrade!

Don't really need this an it's missing power cable, but hey... It's a toaster NES with controllers.

Nothing too exciting here, mostly duplicates. Bible adventures, battle for Olympus, and joust all are good additions though.

All in all, pretty awesome score!
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

Mephikun wrote:
Breetai wrote:There is a Saturn Virtua Stick (the good Japanese second release, not the one with the small buttons that we got in America) for sale on PCEngineFX for $30 shipped from Canada.

Link me >:u

No point. I already got it myself to give to a friend. :D

Really excited about today's find! I had every intention of buying a stack of Nintendo power magazines this afternoon but then stumbled across this deal on Craigslist and changes my mind.

Total cost was 30.00

WOW!!!!!

I want the SMS 3-D glasses, a light phaser and those two control sticks. I sold my old ones. :P
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Wife just grabbed boxed Mega Man 6 for two bucks at goodwill. My cart only is going up in the BST soon.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.