Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

We stopped by Cash America Pawn on the way to Ikea today, and I was happy to find:

Flipnic (PS2) - complete
Breath of Fire (GBA) - cart only
Breath of Fire II (GBA) - cart only
Fire Emblem (GBA) - cart only

for $16 total (i.e., $3.99 per game). Unfortunately, since it was Saturday, almost everyone in East Charlotte was either pawning their power tools and laptops or making payments on them, and I had to wait in line for a while. It was worth it though.

(Also, we got some shelves for my NGC, PS2, Wii, and Xbox collections at Ikea, and I can't wait to put them up.)
Hazerd
Next-Gen

Post by Hazerd »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:We stopped by Cash America Pawn on the way to Ikea today, and I was happy to find:

Flipnic (PS2) - complete
Breath of Fire (GBA) - cart only
Breath of Fire II (GBA) - cart only
Fire Emblem (GBA) - cart only

for $16 total (i.e., $3.99 per game). Unfortunately, since it was Saturday, almost everyone in East Charlotte was either pawning their power tools and laptops or making payments on them, and I had to wait in line for a while. It was worth it though.

(Also, we got some shelves for my NGC, PS2, Wii, and Xbox collections at Ikea, and I can't wait to put them up.)

Interesting that you pay for the items your buying in the store, in the same line as the people pawning stuff.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Snagged SF4 for Windows for 2 dollars today at half price books. Does anyone know how demanding this is on your video card? I only have one of those intel video chipsets, it run a choppy version of Fallout 3, I was hoping it could handle this since it is 2d. At least I think it is LOL, have not gotten to try 4 on any platform yet!

Went over to the exchange and looked at the players and saw nothing but DVD players. The wife tells me she saw a laser disc player but I told her no way because I had just looked and they were all DVD players. I went back and looked and there sat a Pioneer DVL-700 with remote for 45 bucks. This is the model with the built in DVD player. It just looked like a regular DVD player at first glance.

Dual side player with shuffle remote and S-video. Have to run the S-video through my VGA on my newer TV so I am not sure how the picture will be but hell who cares, this is too cool.

Lastly RE4 GCN over at the goodwill. All black label for 2.50!
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

you might not be able to play sf4, try turning everything down...
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

wclem wrote:Pioneer DVL-700 with remote for 45 bucks. This is the model with the built in DVD player. It just looked like a regular DVD player at first glance.

Dual side player with shuffle remote and S-video. Have to run the S-video through my VGA on my newer TV so I am not sure how the picture will be but hell who cares, this is too cool.

:shock: Very nice laser Disc Player! Oh, you gotta post a pic!

http://www.jax184.com/projects/Laserdiscs/laserdiscs.html

A 1997 Pioneer DVL-700. This was the very first combo LaserDisc and DVD player on the market, and one of the first DVD players of any kind. Furthermore, it appears to have been based on the world renowned Pioneer Elite series, minus the faux wood paneled case. To save $2200 and not only retain the superb 3D digital adaptive comb filter and Gamma laser turning mechanism but also gain DVD playback? This machine was a bargain when it came out for $1200.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

cheapest ones is on ebay for $223!
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

Thanks CRT. I will put up a pic tomorrow, I have to steal a Pioneer logo off of one of my parts players as this one is missing its front logo. No biggie, just a piece of plastic. I will post it over in your Laserdisc thread with your permission as not to hi-jak this thread any more than needed. By the way I got a spare remote with it, works with my older player but I dont need it as I have one for it with the nice jog dial. The spare is a plain Jane remote. If you dont want, any one else who might need one can hit me up with a pm.

Are people like us just weirdos for actually wanting to watch movies on LD? LOL! Just something to it, just an experience you cannot get with a DVD or Blu-ray.
dsheinem wrote:In any case, sorry that my avatar makes you cringe these days, but I haven't really changed my posing habits at all.
wclem
Next-Gen

Post by wclem »

vlame wrote:cheapest ones is on ebay for $223!

The only one I can get to show up is a buy it now for 199. What did you type in the search field?
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

wclem wrote:

The only one I can get to show up is a buy it now for 199. What did you type in the search field?

its that one plus shipping...
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

vlame wrote:
wclem wrote:

its that one plus shipping...

LD players are worth over $200 now? Last time I checked (several years ago) I could have got one for $50. Now I regret not doing so.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.