Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
jay_red
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by jay_red »

Finally got something worth noting today:

$3 at goodwill

I played with it for a minute (happen to have a compatible game "Wing Arms") and it was pretty enjoyable, I also like that you can swap the stick for left or right hand use. If anyone is interested in it let me know, I dont think I would go out of my way to invest in games that will support this specifically.

Onyxthecat: I am interested in that Genesis! I will send a PM
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

Onyxthecat wrote:$15 via Salvation Army. I would like to trade it to someone here though since I'm looking for GBA stuff.

Nice find there. I got one similar at my local goodwill about a year back. Similar shape. I assume it has the plastic inside that holds the system?

jay_red wrote:Finally got something worth noting today:

$3 at goodwill

I played with it for a minute (happen to have a compatible game "Wing Arms") and it was pretty enjoyable, I also like that you can swap the stick for left or right hand use. If anyone is interested in it let me know, I dont think I would go out of my way to invest in games that will support this specifically.

Love that thing. I don't think I have any games that support it but its pretty cool it can be flipped for left or right handed folks. :)

As for what I got today... Its mostly game related... Books! Worlds of Power Books based on video games. :lol:

I got a handful of them at goodwill for .79 each. Got the following:

Bionic Commando
Blaster Master
Ninja Gaiden
Wizards and Warriors
Mega Man 2
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
Xionraserei1
64-bit

Post by Xionraserei1 »

GameMasterGuy wrote:Seeing how high the broadband adapter for the DC goes for, I'd hold onto it and watch as the value rises.

PS2 network adapters are worth dirt =/ sorry. Dreamcast network adapter is only worth $100~$200 because people play Phantasy Star Online still on private servers. That is basically the only reason. PS2 really network really doesn't let you play without sony's servers (unless you use X-Link kai I think).
pvt_awol
64-bit

Post by pvt_awol »

^

True true. But you still have to have it if you ever plan to run any mods or homebrew from a hard drive in a phat PS2.

I actually hate that you have to have the stupid network adapter, just to get a hard drive to work in a PS2. I waited for years until I found one in the wild. Now it seems like I see them all the time, but I remember when they seemed like they were pretty rare.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

Went to gamestop and I splurged on a new psp 3000 today. My second PSP! gonna use it along with my older 1000 model.

At my local salvation Army I bought some TG-16 games.

But I fear that they are busted. They have the boxes and on all three the booklets are very warped. They may have been wet at one time and finally dried off.

But at least the contacts are normal looking. The games are a little dusty and one has old glue marks from the sticky in the middle.

I got Keith Courage in Alpha Zones, World Class Baseball, and Victory Run all for $3.00

Its a risk I'm willing to take. But Since my stuff is put away its gonna take months to find out if they work.

time to charge the psp though.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Xionraserei1 wrote:
GameMasterGuy wrote:Seeing how high the broadband adapter for the DC goes for, I'd hold onto it and watch as the value rises.

PS2 network adapters are worth dirt =/ sorry. Dreamcast network adapter is only worth $100~$200 because people play Phantasy Star Online still on private servers. That is basically the only reason. PS2 really network really doesn't let you play without sony's servers (unless you use X-Link kai I think).

That's not really why Dreamcast broadband adapters are expensive while PS2 network adapters are cheap. It's straight up basic supply and demand. There's demand for the DC broadband adapters, because like you said, people want to use them. But there's not a whole lot of supply. That's why they're expensive. PS2 network adapters are cheap because they sold like hot cakes, there's a ton of them out there. What's more, there's even third party adapters out there now. There's demand for PS2 network adapters, probably more than Dreamcast broadband adapters, but there's more than enough supply. That's why they're cheap.

That being said, I guess there's isn't enough demand for the Dreamcast broadband adapter for someone to make a clone of it. I would honestly like to take a look at a broadband adapter and see how hard it would be to duplicate.
sabrage
Next-Gen

Post by sabrage »

It's pretty easy to look at the Gamecube, Dreamcast and PS2's respective online libraries and see why there's less of the former two's adapters floating around.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Ziggy587 wrote:
Xionraserei1 wrote:PS2 network adapters are worth dirt =/ sorry. Dreamcast network adapter is only worth $100~$200 because people play Phantasy Star Online still on private servers. That is basically the only reason. PS2 really network really doesn't let you play without sony's servers (unless you use X-Link kai I think).
That's not really why Dreamcast broadband adapters are expensive while PS2 network adapters are cheap. It's straight up basic supply and demand. There's demand for the DC broadband adapters, because like you said, people want to use them. But there's not a whole lot of supply. That's why they're expensive. PS2 network adapters are cheap because they sold like hot cakes, there's a ton of them out there. What's more, there's even third party adapters out there now. There's demand for PS2 network adapters, probably more than Dreamcast broadband adapters, but there's more than enough supply. That's why they're cheap.

That being said, I guess there's isn't enough demand for the Dreamcast broadband adapter for someone to make a clone of it. I would honestly like to take a look at a broadband adapter and see how hard it would be to duplicate.

THIS. Just like the Gamecube Component Cable, a limited import production of the Dreamcast Broadband Adapter. At one time I did manage to get online with my Dreamcast with the dial up modem. Web browsing was similar to a BBS connection, basically just rows of text. I don't have a need for the DC Broadband since there is very few games that would benefit from online gaming. A nice gadget to collect but expensive.

The PS2 Network adapter is a modders salvation, lucky it became so popular for online gaming. So easy to add a hard drive and even swap hard drives if one desires. Only tool needed is just a screwdriver or even a coin to loosen just two screws. How many other consoles or PCs are this simple?
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

pvt_awol
64-bit

Post by pvt_awol »

CRTGAMER wrote:
So easy to add a hard drive and even swap hard drives if one desires. Only tool needed is just a screwdriver or even a coin to loosen just two screws. How many other consoles or PCs are this simple?

Nah, I just use one of the blades on the end of the power cord. LOL. :lol:
Hobie-wan
Next-Gen

Post by Hobie-wan »

Yeah, I hadn't started planning my retirement on my own private island after finding the PS2 net adapter or anything. :P