Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by emwearz »

Tony Hawk's Project 8 - $4 via JB Hi-Fi
I consider this the best Hawk game since 4 and the last decent one they will most likely ever make, I have finished it on the original Xbox and couldn't pass it up for $4.

Kings Quest V - $2 via Op Shop
Love the series as much as I love P&C's, great game at a great price and one I had to have in the collection, I oddly enough saw KQVI a couple days ago but was disc only so I passed.
optmusprimenumber
Next-Gen

Post by optmusprimenumber »

Been reminiscing about Parasite Eve for about 4 days now. Then I started to want it again. I went to GameXChange and they had one. 12.95 Complete w/ Collector's CD, discs appear very well taken care of. Score

Unfortunately I was unable to afford Street Figher Alpha or Street Fighter Collection (2, ?, Alpha 2 Gold) for the Saturn or another Saturn controller. I had to leave them there. I'm willing to do favors at a slight markup (it's a hour drive round trip) if anyone's frothing at the mouth over the thought of those games. The store's asking 17.95 for each game. One of the hinges is broken off SF Collection. Otherwise in nice (to very nice) shape.
Jabroney

Post by Jabroney »

SNES System, with its gray color still
Two snes controllers

$12 for it all
Sideroller
128-bit

Post by Sideroller »

Only 12 bucks!? Nice!

That's almost stealing I think. :lol:
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Got all this for TWENTY BUCKS shipped from optmusprimenumber. Made a special run back to Gamestop to get XGIII for me. :D

PS2 Extreme G Racing III
A wipeout clone, I have so many already. So why get this game?
It is one of only three PS2 games that supports the old PSX Flight Stick! :mrgreen:

Now I can use my Flight Stick on the PS2!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStatio ... ck_support

PS2 Orphen
Got this as a freebie bonus for my purchase.

Gamecube Demo Disc
Various playable game demos, movies and a couple exclusive GBA downloads. Already have a couple other demos, I got this for the novelty of owning a packaged Nintendo release demo disc. GBA DR Mario and WarioWare demo games are a nice extra. The movie for Zelda Windwalker has a great hint on how to unlock the GBA as 2nd player helper in the game. 8)

PS2 PAL Blue Case
This is perfect for the PAL Alien Hominid I snagged at a local NTSC region Gamestop. Even has a Sony PS2 Hologram sticker at the bottom. :mrgreen:

optmus has more stuff for sale:
http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=337865#p337865
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

Sideroller wrote:Only 12 bucks!? Nice!

That's almost stealing I think. :lol:

Some of my best thrift store finds actually made me feel a little bad, I was getting it for so much less than it was worth.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Erik_Twice
Next-Gen

Post by Erik_Twice »

CRTGAMER wrote:GBA Rebelstar - $3.99 FREE
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/rebelstar-tactical-command/23007
Another remake from an older game, this time DOS XCom. Its been reviewed to be as good as Advance Wars. So far I haven't the patience, too much preliminaries of staging my team. Too many games to test, maybe when I have some time I will really dive into this tactical one.

It's not a remake. It's a game of a previous series made by the same developers. The combat system is the same but there's no base building, it's a squad game.

It's very solid but I found it too slow and the level design somewhat bland and repetitive in it's execution so when I got killed once I stopped playing. I may play it later.
Looking for a cool game? Find it in my blog!
Latest post: Often, games must be difficult
http://eriktwice.com/
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

General_Norris wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:GBA Rebelstar - $3.99 FREE
http://www.gamestop.com/gba/games/rebelstar-tactical-command/23007
Another remake from an older game, this time DOS XCom. Its been reviewed to be as good as Advance Wars. So far I haven't the patience, too much preliminaries of staging my team. Too many games to test, maybe when I have some time I will really dive into this tactical one.

It's not a remake. It's a game of a previous series made by the same developers. The combat system is the same but there's no base building, it's a squad game.

It's very solid but I found it too slow and the level design somewhat bland and repetitive in it's execution so when I got killed once I stopped playing. I may play it later.

noiseredux wrote:yr a little off... Rebelstar is the game that Julian Cope made before the X-Com series. So Rebelstar Tactical Command is actually a sequel to the early Rebelstar games, although it plays much closer to an X-Com game. However, it's not a remake of anything. It's its own original game, not found elsewhere. It's also excellent. One of my favorite GBA strategy games.

:)
wip3outguy7
Next-Gen

Post by wip3outguy7 »

SEGA Saturn - Three Dirty Dwarves CIB $25 at a local game shop. I was shocked! I think this is the first time I have ever seen the game in the wild. And for that price at a retail establishment!

edit: ooo, page 666. Nice.
Opa Opa

Post by Opa Opa »

wip3outguy7 wrote:edit: ooo, page 666. Nice.

Uh-oh.