Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by CRTGAMER »

BoringSupreez wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:I'm amazed there is more interest in PS1 DVD case Metal Gear then that uncommon NES bootleg cart. I know its a bootleg, but all the games and speedup hacks not emulated but playable with a real NES controller.

What makes MGS1 in a PS2 case interesting was the fact that it came out in 2008, long after everything good for PS1 had ceased production. An NES bootleg cart just doesn't compare, novelty-wise.

When I first saw the collection a few years ago I jumped thinking volume one got reworked into a PS2 game. Bah! A disappointment. I always passed up on the collection since MS 2 and 3 were the standard releases and I already have PS1 MS as well as PS2 Substance and Subsistence. Now that I bought it used on the cheap, I guess the PS2 cased PS1 game might be one of a kind.

The bootleg novelty is playing the hacked speedup versions with a real NES controller. I can easily and consistently hit the 5000 point top of the flag in Super mario Bros!
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

yeah the MGS collection should have been Substance/Subsistence. But I guess that'll be rectified with the HD collection on PS3.
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

noiseredux wrote:yeah the MGS collection should have been Substance/Subsistence. But I guess that'll be rectified with the HD collection on PS3.

But it was Substance/Subsistence in the Essentials collection. Subsistence was missing disc 2, but otherwise it was the second versions of MGS2/3 in that set.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
CFFJR
Next-Gen

Post by CFFJR »

Regarding CRTgamer's discussion of the nes cart:

Well I can't speak for everyone, but I generally have no interest in bootlegs.

Part of the experience for me with a game is the label (and box, if you have it), and the artwork, and actually pulling a cartridge to switch it out when I want to play something else. Accessing 100 different games on a menu from a bootleg (or an emulator) kills the experience for me.

Its the same reason why I still hunt down games I could emulate in a matter of 30 seconds. I also won't buy a Flash Cart, even though I could get one for a fraction of the cost of all the games I actually want to buy.

I want to emphasize though, there's nothing morally superior about my position. I don't care about all of that, and I don't want to offend anybody. I'm just describing how I like my own experience to feel. :wink:

All that said, I'm glad you're enjoying your new cart CRT. :D
GameSack wrote:That's right, only Sega had the skill to make a proper Nintendo game.
Michi
Next-Gen

Post by Michi »

Found an N64 today at the local thrift. Came with all the hookups and two controllers, one grey and one atomic purple for $7.50. The Atomic purple analog stick was in perfect shape 8) and the grey one....not so much :? . But I've temporarily fixed it with the 'tape' method I found on Youtube. It'll do until I find some replacements. They also had some old EGM magazines for about $0.30 each. The lady who checked me out said that she'd had to convince some other employee to keep them because they'd said to toss them out because they'd never sell :( Luckily, I got to them first. Now I'm going to go relive 2001-2003.
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

found some new thrift store type place had some interesting items:

Mega Man 3
Super Pitfall
Brave Fencer Musashi (missing manual)
Megaman X4 (disc only)
Saga Frontier (disc only)

Nintendo (N64) branded cassette player (walkman)

And a few Pokemon cards for my Co-Worker's son. Paid $20 for everything.
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
YoshiEgg25
Next-Gen

Post by YoshiEgg25 »

Went back to the Unclaimed Baggage Center yesterday.

SNES (power cord, no A/V cables or controllers) - $10.59
MicroSD card w/ adapter (for R4) - $10.59
Wide Sword - Mega Man Battle Chip for PET - $0.99

Had no clue what the last one even was, but from the looks of it, I may have hit the jackpot.
Gaming accomplishments:
Nibbler (marathon): 251,169,160 / Nibbler (one life): 5,263,360 (WR)
Donkey Kong: 423,100 [L12-1] (150th place as of 2019-01-15)
Super Smash Bros. (N64): Ranked top 5 in Wisconsin from Q1 2016 to Q2 2017
Shrek SuperSlam: won largest tournament in game's history (Shrekfest 2018)

Speedrun.com Profile (contains multiple WRs)
vlame
Next-Gen

Post by vlame »

YoshiEgg25 wrote:MicroSD card w/ adapter (for R4) - $10.59

i hope you atleast got 4gb, if not you got gyped.
^^ My Available List ^^
My B/S/T list
I also rent and sell PS2, Wii and XBOX softmod-kits and I collect DVD movies let me know what you have.
god
64-bit

Post by god »

Continuing the story of the stuff I got at the massage parlour... (about 5 pages back, I got a Hanimex pong machine, an Atari Jr. and a Zonic TV Game 9000). Someone very helpfully identified the Zonic TV game 9000 as a Famiclone, and here was I thinking it would play Famicon games....

So the lady dug up some more stuff, including quite a few games for the Famiclone! (I get it now, it plays its own bootleg games, but I'm sure many of you already knew that.) Nothing is in very good condition, in fact several of the carts are in pieces but probably salvagable. Looks like I might have gotten contra, but there is no English on any of them. Pictures will be coming and hopefully someone is at least interested to see them, and at most, able to help me identify them.

Also got a mega drive 2 in a box, with Spiderman (cart only), MK2 (cart), Aladdin (boxed),Sonic 2 (Boxed, also has the big booklet w/ colour cover, whereas my other copies have the crappy blue and white instructions). Also mint copy of Mega Drive 2 instructions with the folded up mint sonic poster, and extra copy of same instructions and 2 extra sonic posters!

Also a few Atari games. And the case for 'Space Jam' on VHS! whole lot for $30.00 this time. Like I said, I'm going to post pics of the Famiclone games here in the next few days.

This is the kind of thing that keeps my love of collecting going, finding boxes full of stuff that people consider junk, and going through it to find the gems. Ebay, and the fact that every man and his dog knows old games are worth something, has really sucked the fun out of it for me. Sure, I've bought my share of $25 - $50 sega games and don't regret a thing, but its the thrill of hunting down something cheap, obscure and kind of nasty looking that sustains me. Just when I become certain that its all over for cheap retro, BAM, along comes something like this that makes me realise what its all about. Being able to share it on here with people who are actually interested helps too!
Soldier Blue
128-bit

Post by Soldier Blue »

Picked them up at a yard sale and payed $15 total. Overall a great deal! I've always wanted to play Harvest moon. The one at the top is beetle racing and bottom left is Majora's mask.

I plan to trade or sell most of these so pm is you are interested.
Racketboy and Seller Feedback: Racketboy +7,
Video Price Charting Store:
https://www.pricecharting.com/offers?se ... rni7irmnam