Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by retrosportsgamer »

Here's a GameStop tip everybody can make money on:

The last two college basketball games were NCAA College Hoops 2k8 (Visual Concepts/2k) and NCAA College Basketball 10 (EA).

NCAA CB 10 is either $34.99 or $29.99 (depending on system) used at GameStop. This is the game with Blake Griffin on the cover. Despite being a sports game and two years old, still commands that price (or more) on Amazon and eBay.

NCAA College Hoops 2k8 is $2.99....

Ebay price (completed listings) for NCAA College Hoops 2k8 (xbox 360 OR ps3).....

$30+ and disc only's will fetch you $10-$15.

If you want to bank some PayPal money to help mitigate the damage of a more sought after item, here's your RSG sports collecting tip of the week.
Attachments
collegehoops2k8.JPG
collegehoops2k8.JPG (114.06 KiB) Viewed 592 times
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

^awesome! now we can play college hoops together in PSN. the online is still active (but barely anybody there). :lol:
Visit my stores: Mercari Store, sevin0seven RacketBoy Marketplace
Bay Area Cali: Meet-up Thread
Custom Art Covers & Labels: Click here
Game Room: Click here
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

^ Do you have the updated rosters from Operation Sports?

I've always had this guy for the 360, but have had my eye out to grab it for either whenever I can find it complete.
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

retrosportsgamer wrote:^ Do you have the updated rosters from Operation Sports?

yep. i got V1.9 from user name sportznut02: http://www.operationsports.com/forums/c ... oject.html
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

retrosportsgamer wrote:Here's a GameStop tip everybody can make money on:

The last two college basketball games were NCAA College Hoops 2k8 (Visual Concepts/2k) and NCAA College Basketball 10 (EA).

NCAA CB 10 is either $34.99 or $29.99 (depending on system) used at GameStop. This is the game with Blake Griffin on the cover. Despite being a sports game and two years old, still commands that price (or more) on Amazon and eBay.

NCAA College Hoops 2k8 is $2.99....

Ebay price (completed listings) for NCAA College Hoops 2k8 (xbox 360 OR ps3).....

$30+ and disc only's will fetch you $10-$15.

If you want to bank some PayPal money to help mitigate the damage of a more sought after item, here's your RSG sports collecting tip of the week.

I'm wondering: are those games intrinsically valuable now becuase they are the last college basketball games made, or is just because of March Madness? Will these games still be worth $30 in July?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
Kahokian
24-bit

Post by Kahokian »

Snagged this up today from the local Habitat For Humanity store.

N64 with rf/ac adaptor
NBA Live 98 (last nba game to ever be made...lol i had to)
Black and Grey N64 controllers.

Model 1 Sega Genesis
AC adaptor only.
1 orginal 3 button genesis pad.
Games:
Battletoads.
Vectorman
Sonic 2 (beat up like rhianna)
NBA Jam
Earthworm Jim
Batman Forver
Samurai Showdown
Venom*Spiderman Separation Anxiety.

All for 10 bucks I had several of the items already it but still I never have gotten a chance to play SA so I am looking foward to it.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

BoringSupreez wrote:I'm wondering: are those games intrinsically valuable now becuase they are the last college basketball games made, or is just because of March Madness? Will these games still be worth $30 in July?

A fair and astute question. I would say the value is peaked in the months where college basketball is being played and more so after football is over (so lets say January-ish to March).
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

that's sick 'notherdudenamedbrad. I... kind of want to pick up some copies of NCAA 2k8 now. But I mean, I kind of want to keep one and play it with you guys online. It's certainly cheaper than NBA 2k12 haha.

EDIT: and what are these roster updates from "Operation Sports" you guys are talking about?
sevin0seven
Next-Gen

Post by sevin0seven »

noiseredux wrote:that's sick 'notherdudenamedbrad. I... kind of want to pick up some copies of NCAA 2k8 now. But I mean, I kind of want to keep one and play it with you guys online. It's certainly cheaper than NBA 2k12 haha.

EDIT: and what are these roster updates from "Operation Sports" you guys are talking about?

yes, pick one up so i can we can finally play some b-ball online. :)

once you get the game i'll help you how to update your roster.
retrosportsgamer
Next-Gen

noiseredux wrote:EDIT: and what are these roster updates from "Operation Sports" you guys are talking about?

One cool thing about College games is both EA and 2K would let users "share" their files online. So while they could not legally put real player names in, others can share their work and upload it through their servers for anyone to download.

College Hoops 2K8 has been updated with new rosters years after the game was first released.