Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

CRTGAMER wrote:PS2 Snoopy vs the Red Baron - $9.99 at Gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/snoopy-vs-the-red-baron/62070
I have been looking for this one. No kidding, really! Great reviews for this Arcade Flyer. Its no Crimson Skies or Propellar Arena but holds its own pretty well. Reminds me of the Crash Bandicoot flying levels. I like the idea about stunt flying around trees and thru a railroad tunnel. Disappointed there is no pilot view though. The missiles can be "Smart Bomb" remote pilot controlled, a nice bonus.

Yeah. I've been interested in that game, too. Have you ever tried the newer one on XBLA - Snoopy Flying Ace?
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Mod_Man_Extreme wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:
noiseredux wrote:that's a good point on returning CRT. Great post. I have those Capcom collections and love them too. Planning a game hunting trip tomorrow!! :)
I dread the day when the GBA carts go two for one clearance. Nightmares of the past marathon "Hit every Gamestop in one day" N64 cart clearance sale. :lol:
I did the same thing in mid-2009 when the old-school GameBoy and GameBoy Color stuff went on sale, loved every minute of it.

It felt like a real mid-90's era moment got sucked into the late 00's with all the stores near me having giant dump bins of the stuff at great prices and I spent almost $200 on carts and accessories (most of which I gave away to people) in the end.
Déjà vu for me, even right now. Back when I was digging thru the N64 tubs stored behind the Gamestop counters, PS2 was the hot new system. Employees and customers focus was on the crisp new PS2 games. "Who is that bum digging thru all those old grey carts!" A repeat of the cycle now I am digging thru PS2 games while there is a line waiting to preorder the next current repeat FPS.

I have been hitting the Gamecube and GBA carts too. In anticipation of the eventual two for one deal in maybe a month or two, eyeballing the more expensive GBA carts and which stores have them. There are a few twenty dollar GBA carts with a Mname, just waiting for the mad rush sale.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

Flea market haul today. For $50 I got a buncha gamecube games. Wave Race- Blue Storm, Pokemon Colosseum, Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2, Sega Soccer Slammers, Metroid Prime 2, Tony Hawk's Underground, and Pikmin. Friend got an N64 and a bunch of games for it, another friend got a bunch of NES games.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:
CRTGAMER wrote:PS2 Snoopy vs the Red Baron - $9.99 at Gamestop
http://www.gamestop.com/ps2/games/snoopy-vs-the-red-baron/62070
I have been looking for this one. No kidding, really! Great reviews for this Arcade Flyer. Its no Crimson Skies or Propellar Arena but holds its own pretty well. Reminds me of the Crash Bandicoot flying levels. I like the idea about stunt flying around trees and thru a railroad tunnel. Disappointed there is no pilot view though. The missiles can be "Smart Bomb" remote pilot controlled, a nice bonus.
Yeah. I've been interested in that game, too. Have you ever tried the newer one on XBLA - Snoopy Flying Ace?
I read about that one, also has good reviews. I don't have a 360 though.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Weekend_Warrior
Next-Gen

Post by Weekend_Warrior »

Welp.. I got my taxes done today and found out that I don't owe anything this year! :P

I've had to pay in the last couple years so that was a bit of a nice surprise.

Anyway, heading back out the door to hit a few of my regular spots.

Hope I actually find something decent today.
"Welcome to the circus of values!"

Currently Playing: Crysis (360), Destiny demo (PS3), Roadblasters (MAME)
mjmjr25

Post by mjmjr25 »

AmishSamurai wrote:Flea market haul today. For $50 I got a buncha gamecube games. Wave Race- Blue Storm, Pokemon Colosseum, Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2, Sega Soccer Slammers, Metroid Prime 2, Tony Hawk's Underground, and Pikmin. Friend got an N64 and a bunch of games for it, another friend got a bunch of NES games.

Now you have to play/review sega soccer slam and let us know!
AmishSamurai
Next-Gen

Post by AmishSamurai »

mjmjr25 wrote:
AmishSamurai wrote:Flea market haul today. For $50 I got a buncha gamecube games. Wave Race- Blue Storm, Pokemon Colosseum, Phantasy Star Online Episodes 1&2, Sega Soccer Slammers, Metroid Prime 2, Tony Hawk's Underground, and Pikmin. Friend got an N64 and a bunch of games for it, another friend got a bunch of NES games.

Now you have to play/review sega soccer slam and let us know!

I've been away from home all day, so I just tested my games using a friend's cube. I went through practice mode, and the game can be a bit specific as to what qualifies as what, but I'll do a campaign mode soon to give a full review.
MrPopo wrote:The life lesson here is jobs will come and go, but Earthbound will always be there for you.

I'm a girl btw
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

went on a spree today!

PSP Media Manger - $4
Hot Pixel (PSP) - $4
Space Invaders Extreme (PSP) - $7
Atari Anthology (PS2) - $10
DOA 2 Hardcore (Ps2) - $3
Intellivision Lives (PS2) (no manaul) - $2
King Of Fighters Maximum Impact Deluxe Ed. box - $6
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

noiseredux wrote:went on a spree today!

PSP Media Manger - $4
Hot Pixel (PSP) - $4
Nice! Gamestop used buys? I have been hitting up PS2 Retro compilations myself, you got a couple good ones.

Another great collection to get is the PS2 Sega Genesis Collection. There is an Arcade unlock that has an official home release on only just two consoles, the Atari 2600 and the PS2. Take a guess which console has a near arcade perfect version of the Arcade Spinner game Tac Scan; making it a great Hidden Gem to unlock!

noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

CRTGAMER wrote:
noiseredux wrote:went on a spree today!

PSP Media Manger - $4
Hot Pixel (PSP) - $4
Nice! Gamestop used buys? I have been hitting up PS2 Retro compilations myself, you got a couple good ones.

Another great collection to get is the PS2 Sega Genesis Collection. There is an Arcade unlock that has an official home release on only just two consoles, the Atari 2600 and the PS2. Take a guess which console has a near arcade perfect version of the Arcade Spinner game Tac Scan; making it a great Hidden Gem to unlock!

most of them were GameStop yeah -- I'm a big fan of retro collections. I have both Capcom Collections, the first 2 Midways, the Sega Genesis one, the Sega Arcade one, Activision one, etc. I generally cannot pass up retro collections. Haha.

keep an eye out for the Intellivison Lives manual for me though!