Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by bmoc »

Its been a few years since I had a good local-ish pickup. $25 for the lot but I had to drive an hour away.

prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Very, very good deal!
Gunstar Green
Next-Gen

Post by Gunstar Green »

You hit one out of the park there. I've been hoping to run into that Doom big box in the wild.
bmoc
Next-Gen

Post by bmoc »

Gunstar Green wrote:You hit one out of the park there. I've been hoping to run into that Doom big box in the wild.

Thanks! It is a darn good console port of Doom. I played that one the most while testing these out. However I really dislike the full cardboard long boxes. I might try to swap it with the plastic ridged long box variant some day. If you come across the black label standard jewel case variant, snatch it up because it is worth big $$$.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

I'll add in too, damned amazing find with the big box of Doom there. I wish I could have found that, but I can't complain having the jewel case one even if the green is annoying. :) It's well beyond just being a PC conversion, they did some amazing work on that one and it's notable as the very best home version of the game until the 21st century stuff when the PC games would get straight converted like in the Doom3 BFG collection package. I love to fire that game up (and Final Doom) on my PS1 as they're just so incredibly well done. Also the art on that disc is fantastic compared to the cheapo budget copy I've got.

Even on an hour drive that was doing very well getting those games.

Also that Gundam game is a really solid fighting title too.

I take it getting Tomb Raider 2 for a dollar is nice right? I found that in a clearance bin the other day, black label too. I heard it was the best of the original 3 if not the lot of them until they got refreshed in recent years.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Tanooki wrote:I take it getting Tomb Raider 2 for a dollar is nice right? I found that in a clearance bin the other day, black label too. I heard it was the best of the original 3 if not the lot of them until they got refreshed in recent years.

All of these statements are true.
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

That's good to know. I figured for a dollar why not, if it blew the case would be useful. Never played the franchise other than the original, then later the Legend one on Gamecube, and after that the CD recreation of it on PS3/PC.
elricorico
32-bit

Post by elricorico »

Had some luck recently at a personal favourite thrift store, and got Shining Force Neo, Tales of the Abyss and Capcom Classic Collection Vol 2 (all for Ps2) for $5 each. All complete and in great condition. Same place I've found d Eternal Darkness and Smash Melee this year, and they always price disc games at $5.
Konacha
32-bit

Post by Konacha »

Today was the the first day of flea markets in my area. Most around here start opening on the first weekend of April. I go to a huge flea market about an hour away that is in a parking garage. The area is about 4 levels big. After the flea market, I went to 4 Goodwills and 1 Savers. Here is part of what I found.

The 2 Dreamcast games and PSP case was $10. The PS1 Arcade Stick was $5. The Sonic figure I later on found out was a bubble gum holder from 1993 for 50 cents. I got some additional stuff in here but don't have it in the picture (such as a picture of Yoshi, some Pokemon Plushes, etc) that my girlfriend unpacked and put up at the house before I had a chance to take the pictures.

The last goodwill I went too had an in box PS2 (in pretty good condition, but missing one of the styrofoam holders) that I got for $15 dollars. Now the one thing that I got happy with was Super Mario Odyssey for Switch sealed at Goodwill for $3. I honestly did not know Goodwill had sealed Switch games. It had a sticker for sale so honestly I'm happy with finding that.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Found a brand new NES Classic on clearance at Target this morning for$42! That’s the right price for me, and I’m looking forward to trying it out.