The Legend of Zelda - Collector's Edition
Harry Potter & The Philosopher's Stone
Spyro - A Heroe's Tail
Luigi's Mansion
The Incredibles
Monsters Inc.
Spiderman

most of them were just... "plain" games
but I am certain that Pokémon Colloseum and LoZ - CE are worth a nice sum of money
I already have LoZ - CE, but it's nice to have a backup

LoZ - CE goes for something like 30 usd preowned, nice deal
DaGamingMonkey
128-bit

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by DaGamingMonkey »

Not to much of a deal, but I feel like it was a fair price.
Picked up
Dragon Age Origins
and 2 Wave-bird Controllers for 48.92 from game stop.

Buy 2 get 1 free deal on used games and controllers. I've been looking for the controllers for a bit.
xan_racketBOY_fan
Next-Gen

Post by xan_racketBOY_fan »

Made a rare stop to HotTopic with the wife, and she got me this groovy classic Sonic keychain :)

GamerMON
Next-Gen

Post by GamerMON »

Sometimes you can find a deal on ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... _500wt_995

Hori gcn fightstick for $20.51 shipped to me. Now to have a stick for TVC.
aaron
Next-Gen

Post by aaron »

GamerMON wrote:Sometimes you can find a deal on ebay.

Nice score.
Steam / PSN / Twitter: aaronjohnmiller
swiftzx
Next-Gen

Post by swiftzx »

It was you who beat me :x
Sale thread (please buy!): viewtopic.php?f=22&t=19428
noiseredux
Next-Gen

Post by noiseredux »

OMG! That's the cheapest I've ever seen one go for! Good for you man.
jmbarnes101
Next-Gen

Post by jmbarnes101 »

Weekend_Warrior wrote:Glad to help with the Sin & Punishment deal at Target. :) Everybody should go pick this up if you have a Wii!

I found it at my Target too but just saw your post this morning. It's nice to find a great game for so cheap. I also picked up Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days from Target (BF) for $15.

Jim
My FS/FT/WTTF list:
http://racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=51197

Game Systems Owned:
NES, NES 2 (AV mod), SNES, SNES 2, N64 (Pikachu), N64 original (boxed), Gamecube (Orange, Silver, Purple), Wii, Wii U (Zelda), GB Pocket, GBA (2x-Arctic & Indigo), GBA SP (3x), DS Lite (Crimson/Black), 3DS (Aqua Blue), Sega Genesis and 32X, Game Gear, Lynx, PSP (2x), Vita, and Gold PS4.
Bikeage
128-bit

Post by Bikeage »

A nearby Goodwill had a bunch of packaged game accessories, looked like they were castoffs from Radio Shack. Nothing spectacular, but I found a few pairs of Pelican brand PS1/PS2 S-video/composite cables for $3 each.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Splitfish EdgeFX and Splitfish Tilt Sensor
I went nuts when I saw the Gamestop link last night. As in the Virtua On Twinstick, a very limited market. When this specialized FPS game controller first came out it was going for seventy bucks. :shock:
There are so few USB Mouse supported games on the PS2. The EdgeFX controller fills in the gap nicely for FPS games. The sensor mouse operates as the right analog stick. No driver or adaptor headaches just the PS2 controller port. I just went a round with PS2 FPS BLACK and now have very precise control of look and aim. The left hand nunchuck (came out before Wii) can be detached from the lapboard and is used for controlling movement. Novel in that there is on the fly knob adjustment for the sensitivity of the mouse. This is great when going sniper mode. The mouse also has a rumble feature easily clicked on-off on the top if you want to make the aim interesting. :D

ImageImage

My only disappointment is the mouse is tied to the right hand analog stick only. This kills any games that would be enhanced by a mouse cursor such as REZ and Real Time Strategy games. Meh a minor complaint, now that I have a beautiful FPS dedicated controller. Dreamcast has the Panther so have to compare if the trakball or mouse is better. :mrgreen:
PS2 Myst III Exile uses either analog stick for moving the cursor around the screen. Weird that it does not have an option for a regular USB Mouse. However, with the Nunchuck and Mouse controlling movement gives the best of both types of control, one in each hand. Added is the capability of on the fly dialing the knob on the side of the Nunchuck for Mouse sensitivity.

PS2 Myst does have an issue of each screen having a delay load which makes for a slower play compared to the PC version. However, the movement is seamless when the PS2 game is installed to PS2 fat internal drive. A great way to explore the Myst World, play the game on the big screen. :idea:

Splitfish Tilt Sensor
Split Fish really made some innovative controls, maybe too radical to hold in the market. I also have two Tilt Sensors for the PS2, great for Marble Madness type games Mojo and Mercury Meltdown.

Image Image

CRTGAMER wrote:Super Monkey Ball Deluxe with Tilt Sensor - viewtopic.php?f=33&t=34728&p=525219#p525219

Adding realism vs winning a level

I played PS2 Super Monkeyball Deluxe last night with a Spitfish Tilt Sensor. It snaps right on a standard PSX controller. The Tilt Sensor can work by itself or in tandem with the PS2 Analog stick. I found that tipping the controller adds a realistic feel in tilting the landscape, but the stick is best for a tighter control. Sometimes the Analog stick is too tight though, a corner can be taken too fast with the stick.

Also picked up a PSP Action Replay for $19.99 at Gamestop. A rarity considering Gamestop or any store hardly has Action Replays anymore. This will only work with Sony PSP Update 6.20 or older. Crap Crap, 6.30 kills it. Son still debating on this.

BLAH! HA! HA! HA! Bought brand new!
I got two Splitfish EdgeFX controllers for $2.99 each!
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I was looking for a proper PS2 FPS related quote to close this out.
Nothing that can top the Duke though. So:
Duke Nukem wrote:COME GET SOME!

Here you go, get yours.
Click, but don't call to allow time for Employee to buy, just drive straight to the store!

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=63914
Attachments
PS2 EdgeFX PSP AR.jpg
PS2 EdgeFX PSP AR.jpg (228.53 KiB) Viewed 10040 times
PS2 EdgeFX.jpg
PS2 EdgeFX.jpg (182.22 KiB) Viewed 10040 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue Aug 29, 2017 11:48 am, edited 26 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425