Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by CRTGAMER »

PS1 5501 Console $5.00 Swap Meet
Already have five PSX consoles, but what the heck. The seller wanted ten, talked him down to five for just the console. The burned discs stacked next to it aroused my interest.

PS1 SCPH-5501.jpg
PS1 SCPH-5501.jpg (92.81 KiB) Viewed 678 times

After I got home, confirmed a Mod Chip inside. Even though I already have three of my PSOne/PS1 consoles modded, an extra is always nice! I like the way stiff wire on the left were used to keep the chip in place. :mrgreen:

PS1 SCPH-5501 Mod Chip 12C508A 04 P HBM 9921.jpg
PS1 SCPH-5501 Mod Chip 12C508A 04 P HBM 9921.jpg (235.63 KiB) Viewed 678 times

Zoids Battlefield Legends - $6.00 Swap Meet
In my quest to try different games with the Sony SCPH110 Flight stick, I really wanted something that would work as Virtual On. An uncommon game, this one is definitely not it, but it does allow the use of both of the Dual Flightsticks.

Zoids Battlefield Legends.jpg
Zoids Battlefield Legends.jpg (121.5 KiB) Viewed 678 times
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

TrevorF wrote:
Michi wrote:Awesome Simpsons arcade.

I keep seeing all kinds of different arcade machines listed all Craigslist. Most of them are pretty decently priced. It's all very tempting. I'd get one, but I just don't have the room right now. *sigh* One day....

There are only around 4 cabbies that I want: Simpsons, Teenage Muant Ninja Turtles, Superman and the 6 player X-men. It's mostly a nostalgia thing. :)

FYI, KLOV is the "Killer List of Videogames" (http://www.arcade-museum.com/).

Do you miss Chuck-E-Cheese in Winnipeg or something? :lol: I think those games were all there.

I know you already bough the thing, but I wouldn't recommended you got a MAME cab. You can get them custom build for 4-players easily. I guess 6 if you really want. Then again, if you actually wanted the original, well now you've got it. What is The Simpson's board anyway? Is it JAMMA? I'm guessing so. Now that you are getting that, you'll have a 4P set-up with 2-buttons each. You could just buy the TMNT board (assuming it is also JAMMA, which is should be since it's also a Komami game from the same time period) and switch them at will. In fact, you can now buy ANY compatible arcade board (PCB) and switch them inside the cab.

If you really are getting into arcades, really consider getting a machine with a 2P/6-button layout like Street Fighter II. Then you'll have a set up where you'll be able to get a lot of different PCBs and switch them at will.

A good set-up might be:

Simpsons 4P cab: you can then get other PCBs in the 2-button/4-player set-up.
Street Fighter II: you'll be ready for pretty much any arcade game from that era. Alternatively, you could get a mid-90s Capcom fighter and be ready for newer games. Seriously look into an Astro cab (Japanese) unit here. They are more compact, so they take less room. They also look freaking awesome.
Neo Geo MVS: TONS of fun Neo Geo games that are relatively affordable. Believe it or not, this is a much cheaper way of getting a NG Metal Slug than getting the AES home console version.
MAME machine: for everything else.
Pinball: Hell yeah!

Do you have the room for all that downstairs? That would be awesome if you could figure it out. Do not forget that you can switch the PCB to other games! Think of an arcade unit as a console in that way.

Also, if you're spending the cash... why don't you have a PC Engine Duo yet????? You're seriously missing out.

I know that Dankss and Lukemorse1 have done quite a few arcade Youtube vids. Check them out and get an idea for what you are getting into.

A couple Astro cabs
Mechblue
128-bit

Post by Mechblue »

Haven't found much lately, focusing on trimming back.

GBA Wireless Adapter - Free

Lunar Knights (DS) - $6
TEKTORO wrote:That looks mad fake bro. :/
TrevorF
16-bit

Post by TrevorF »

Breetai wrote:
TrevorF wrote:
Michi wrote:Awesome Simpsons arcade.

I keep seeing all kinds of different arcade machines listed all Craigslist. Most of them are pretty decently priced. It's all very tempting. I'd get one, but I just don't have the room right now. *sigh* One day....

There are only around 4 cabbies that I want: Simpsons, Teenage Muant Ninja Turtles, Superman and the 6 player X-men. It's mostly a nostalgia thing. :)

FYI, KLOV is the "Killer List of Videogames" (http://www.arcade-museum.com/).

Do you miss Chuck-E-Cheese in Winnipeg or something? :lol: I think those games were all there.

I know you already bough the thing, but I wouldn't recommended you got a MAME cab. You can get them custom build for 4-players easily. I guess 6 if you really want. Then again, if you actually wanted the original, well now you've got it. What is The Simpson's board anyway? Is it JAMMA? I'm guessing so. Now that you are getting that, you'll have a 4P set-up with 2-buttons each. You could just buy the TMNT board (assuming it is also JAMMA, which is should be since it's also a Komami game from the same time period) and switch them at will. In fact, you can now buy ANY compatible arcade board (PCB) and switch them inside the cab.

If you really are getting into arcades, really consider getting a machine with a 2P/6-button layout like Street Fighter II. Then you'll have a set up where you'll be able to get a lot of different PCBs and switch them at will.

A good set-up might be:

Simpsons 4P cab: you can then get other PCBs in the 2-button/4-player set-up.
Street Fighter II: you'll be ready for pretty much any arcade game from that era. Alternatively, you could get a mid-90s Capcom fighter and be ready for newer games. Seriously look into an Astro cab (Japanese) unit here. They are more compact, so they take less room. They also look freaking awesome.
Neo Geo MVS: TONS of fun Neo Geo games that are relatively affordable. Believe it or not, this is a much cheaper way of getting a NG Metal Slug than getting the AES home console version.
MAME machine: for everything else.
Pinball: Hell yeah!

Do you have the room for all that downstairs? That would be awesome if you could figure it out. Do not forget that you can switch the PCB to other games! Think of an arcade unit as a console in that way.

Also, if you're spending the cash... why don't you have a PC Engine Duo yet????? You're seriously missing out.

I know that Dankss and Lukemorse1 have done quite a few arcade Youtube vids. Check them out and get an idea for what you are getting into.

A couple Astro cabs

That was quite the informative rant Breetai, it made a lot of sense and has sparked a (what I think is) love for arcade. Really makes me want to branch out.

Thanks dude! And at the same time, you bastard! Now I'm going to be broke, eating KD for the next few years. :p
Thing's that I'm looking for at the moment: Super Mario RPG manual(SNES), Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals map and cart(SNES), The King of Dragons Box and manual(SNES), Lufia and the fortress of doom CIB(SNES), Earthbound CIB(SNES), EVO: The Search for Eden CIB(SNES), Harvest Moon CIB(SNES), Mario Paint CIB(SNES), Bomberman Party Pak With Super Multitap(SNES), DoReMi Fantasies CIB(SFC).
TrevorF
16-bit

Post by TrevorF »

Breetai wrote:Do you miss Chuck-E-Cheese in Winnipeg or something? :lol: I think those games were all there.

I do miss Chuck-E-Cheese in Winnipeg. If I were there right now, I would drag those games into the ball pit and make an impenetrable fort of fun...for no one but me... :D
Thing's that I'm looking for at the moment: Super Mario RPG manual(SNES), Lufia 2: Rise of the Sinistrals map and cart(SNES), The King of Dragons Box and manual(SNES), Lufia and the fortress of doom CIB(SNES), Earthbound CIB(SNES), EVO: The Search for Eden CIB(SNES), Harvest Moon CIB(SNES), Mario Paint CIB(SNES), Bomberman Party Pak With Super Multitap(SNES), DoReMi Fantasies CIB(SFC).
Breetai
Next-Gen

Post by Breetai »

TrevorF wrote:
Breetai wrote:Do you miss Chuck-E-Cheese in Winnipeg or something? :lol: I think those games were all there.

I do miss Chuck-E-Cheese in Winnipeg. If I were there right now, I would drag those games into the ball pit and make an impenetrable fort of fun...for no one but me... :D

Protip: don't double post. If yours is the most recent post, just edit it. It also takes a lot of space when you include photos in a quote. You can edit them out pretty easily so the same photos don't show up twice on one page.

I also kind of got this off topic. :mrgreen:
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Video of what I picked up at Dick Smiths massive gaming sale. Got quite a lot of games for $1 or less.

BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

emwearz wrote:Video of what I picked up at Dick Smiths massive gaming sale. Got quite a lot of games for $1 or less.

PAL regions are really good about re-releasing great PC games, but man if they don't always ruin the box art!
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
emwearz
Next-Gen

Post by emwearz »

Yeah, as I said in the video I generally avoid greatest hits stuff, but when its $1 a pop, its hard to say no :twisted:
Demented Collector
32-bit

Post by Demented Collector »

Picked up the following last week from a church charity shop which only opens once a week.
I noticed it previously, the box looked in bad shape so I passed on it.
Last week I noticed the price and couldn't refuse.
Price 50p :)

Having acquired my first PS dance mat I kept my eye out for some games.
Found the following in charity shops and at boot sales...
Total cost £5.75p :)
Demented Collecters Sale Thread - viewtopic.php?f=22&p=658495#p658495 [/quote]

UK based, willing to ship world wide.

Atari 2600 junior, NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System MKI MKII, Mega Drive MKI MKII, Mega CD MKI MKII, Saturn MKI MKII, Dreamcast PAL, NTSC/U, NTSC/J, PS1, PSone, PS2, PS3, oXBOX, Lynx, Game Gear, GBP, GBC, GBA, SP, Micro.