Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by samsonlonghair »

KingSudlow wrote:Recently moved from SW Missouri to NW Arkansas...much more difficult to find anything of interest here in the wild. However, after reminding myself to check the CD section of a local "Friends of the Library" bookstore, I found a complete copy of the Sega Saturn import "Gundam" (the 2-D side scrolling shooter) in excellent condition. This was a good find for me because a few weeks ago I found a used, boxed Action Replay cart for my Saturn for only 9.99 at game store which normally has very high prices for anything Saturn related. Checked the other CD sections in the bookstore but did not find any additional games. Total cost....50 cents!

Wow! In all the years I’ve been collecting I’ve never found a Japanese Saturn import game in the wild. Good score!
Markies
Next-Gen

Post by Markies »

KingSudlow wrote:Recently moved from SW Missouri to NW Arkansas

Glad to see another Missourian in our midst.

Well, I mean, former Missourian... :D
KingSudlow
8-bit

Post by KingSudlow »

Good luck today at a very nice antique store/flea market that I stopped by as I had nothing else to do and it was on my side of the street (traffic here is so bad that it really makes you think twice before risking getting out anywhere if you have to cross lanes without a light when attempting to leave following). Found a very clean loose copy of "Mr. Do!" for the SNES in a box of misc carts...only a very minor chip on the front label...for only $3! One of my favorite arcade games and a cracking port! Other than that, not a lot of games in general in the place...but there was a curiously large number of loose Namco Guncons. I counted seven in five different "booths", ranging in price from $5 to $35. I'm not in the market, but I've only rarely seen them in the wild and it just seemed a bit odd to have so many in one place. Take care all!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Nice find! That’s an uncommon cart.
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

Went to an outlet mall with my GF that was about 30 miles away. There was a Game XChange nearby, so we stopped by. I got a:

Genesis Model 2 VA4 Revision for $30
- This is a pretty rare revision that supposedly outputs the best composite video and audio for a Model 2.
- Original Power brick and original 3 button controller

Sega Saturn Model 2 for $55

- with Original Model 2 Controller

Dreamcast for $65
- This was the most pristine and white Dreamcast I have seen, which is why I bought it. I know $65 is pretty standard, but it It looks brand new.
- It also came with the Red original DC controller. However, the gray parts have been yellowed, but it's still a collectible.

The workers really hooked me up. They saw I was a Sega fan, and made sure I got all original controllers with my purchases and not third party stuff.

I will have to visit this location again.
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
marurun

Post by marurun »

Yes, isn't the Model 2 VA4 lovely? I like the way it sounds and looks. It doesn't have quite the bass of the early Model 1, but it doesn't lose quality at higher volumes like the Model 1 does. A nice compromise overall.
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.
Mad_Hatter
128-bit

Post by Mad_Hatter »

marurun wrote:Yes, isn't the Model 2 VA4 lovely? I like the way it sounds and looks. It doesn't have quite the bass of the early Model 1, but it doesn't lose quality at higher volumes like the Model 1 does. A nice compromise overall.

Yea, it was the first "retro" console I bought when I got into getting the old stuff back. Luckily I registered on here and was informed about all the Genesis model revisions.

I didn't think much of it since I thought "hey, that's how composite is supposed to look". Then i went to my cousins house, who was playing a Genesis 3 on composite, and it looked pretty bad.
Old Username: sp957

Systems: Genesis, Super Nintendo, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Xbox 360, and Windows PC
Handhelds: Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo DSi, and New Nintendo 3DS

My Trade Thread
jay_red
Next-Gen

Post by jay_red »

Hey guys, been long time since I have been around here, but I just got quite a haul that I thought you guys would appreciate. A little back story, we have this chain of stores in my area that sell movies, music, and games that I have been going to for years. They recently announced they were going out of business and clearing out stock. I went on the first day of their clearance where everything was 20% off. I picked up a few things, but nothing crazy. Well I decided to see if they were still open and they had everything listed at 80% off, and on top of that if you picked up 10 items, you got an extra 20% off, and if you picked up 20 items, you got an extra 30% off the total! So I swooped up everything that looked remotely interesting. The first store I got 27 games I think, and the 2nd I got 13. So far I have spent 50 bucks on 40 games, I am going to hit up at least 2 more locations in the next day or 2. Obviously these arent the best games, but when they average for just over a dollar each, its hard to pass up. sorry couldnt make an IMG link work from google photos (I dont use photobucket anymore)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... hybHF5Vmln
My trade thread, updated 7/14
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=30531&p=421248#p421248
SamuraiMegas
Next-Gen

Post by SamuraiMegas »

Picked up the Pacman boardgame and Mark Ecko Getting up Under Pressure Collector's edition for my brother.

It's pretty funny, he got into some legal trouble over grafitti when he was younger, and my dad broke his copy of the game (this was years ago) over it. Now he's a professional and gets paid to paint murals and do stuff at festivals.
Hobie-wan wrote:Milk the banana for all it's worth.

My BST Thread
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

jay_red wrote:Hey guys, been long time since I have been around here, but I just got quite a haul that I thought you guys would appreciate. A little back story, we have this chain of stores in my area that sell movies, music, and games that I have been going to for years. They recently announced they were going out of business and clearing out stock. I went on the first day of their clearance where everything was 20% off. I picked up a few things, but nothing crazy. Well I decided to see if they were still open and they had everything listed at 80% off, and on top of that if you picked up 10 items, you got an extra 20% off, and if you picked up 20 items, you got an extra 30% off the total! So I swooped up everything that looked remotely interesting. The first store I got 27 games I think, and the 2nd I got 13. So far I have spent 50 bucks on 40 games, I am going to hit up at least 2 more locations in the next day or 2. Obviously these arent the best games, but when they average for just over a dollar each, its hard to pass up. sorry couldnt make an IMG link work from google photos (I dont use photobucket anymore)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipN ... hybHF5Vmln

Hey, dude! What's up? Nice score!

PS, Photobucket sucks.