Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CaptainWeasel
32-bit

Re: Video Game "Finds of the Day"

Post by CaptainWeasel »

superlarz wrote:The have been doing the sticker on the DVD insert thing around here at one of the game stops. very annoying.

That's just bewildering, since it takes so much more work to take the insert out and put a sticker on it. Thankfully I've never had any troubles with taking those stickers off. It can be slightly meticulous, but it's never too much of a hassle.
signature temporarily offline due to fixed width constraints and anger
superlarz
128-bit

Post by superlarz »

CaptainWeasel wrote:
superlarz wrote:The have been doing the sticker on the DVD insert thing around here at one of the game stops. very annoying.

That's just bewildering, since it takes so much more work to take the insert out and put a sticker on it. Thankfully I've never had any troubles with taking those stickers off. It can be slightly meticulous, but it's never too much of a hassle.

I bought 3 Xbox games the first time through there that i noticed they were doing it. I got one of the labels off with no issue, the other two are still on the games.. It is going to take some work to get them off without any damage. The fact that they put that much work into the labels boggles the mind
owned: Atari VCS, Intellivision, ColecoVision, NES, NES2, Sega Master System, Turbografx-16, Genesis/Sega CD Model 1, Genesis/Sega CD Model 2/32x, SNES, Atari Jaguar, Virtual Boy, GBA, 3DO, Saturn, Playstation, PSone, N64, Dreamcast, PS2, Gamecube, Xbox, PSP, Xbox 360, Wii, PS3
wanted: Cd-I, Neo Geo AES
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

My best find was a complete copy of Star Wars: Battle for Naboo for 3 dollars at goodwill. My local used game store charges 18 for the cartridge alone.
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
skate323k137
Next-Gen

Post by skate323k137 »

I got galactic attack for saturn at a local store today, complete for $5.
Need FreeMCboot? I'll install it on your PS2 Memory Card for free if you cover postage both ways.
Consoles: I have too much stuff
Arcade: No seriously, I have too much stuff. Someone grab a shovel and dig me out of my basement.
CaptainWeasel
32-bit

Post by CaptainWeasel »

Super Nintendo complete in box (I'd say the condition is 4/5) - $30

aaaand drumroll please! bdbbbbbbbbbdbdbdbdbdbdddb

Tomba! (PS1, complete) - $15

both from the same guy on Craigslist. I love Craigslist.
signature temporarily offline due to fixed width constraints and anger
Jrecee
Next-Gen

Post by Jrecee »

I had tomba on my to get list but took it off after I watched some videos. Seemed like a fetch quest. I'll probably pick it up if I find it dirt cheap but the tomba games are too expensive on ebay. . . seems everything on ebay is becoming rediculously priced, even games that aren't rare at all.
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

Oh man did I get a Gamestop clearout deal today!!!

So I head out to this gamestop in West Baltimore to pick up a PS2 network adapter to make a quick $35, but I get there and I guess they didn't have it. Disappointed, but I looked around and saw a tower of brand new in the box DK Bongos. I did a price check and they came up as only $0.99 cents. I bought 4 sets and maybe consider going back to buy the rest. Then here is where it gets good. I was looking at the GB/GBC games in the display case and there was one in the back that was hard to see. It was a Dragon Warrior game but I couldn't see which one, so when I asked him if there was a way he could pull out the games so I could look at them all. He handed me this cardboard box FULL of GB/GBC games. Somehow this store hadn't been cleared out yet. I looked through the box and got 19 games (and now that I've consulted vgpc I'll probably swing by to grab a few stragglers.

So the 19 games I got were:

Mega Man X
Mega Man X 2 (mint cartridge)
Mega Man 5 (mint cartridge)
Pokemon Crystal
Zelda: Links Awakening DX (x2)
Zelda: Oracle of Ages (x2)
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Harvest Moon 3
Kirby's Dream Land
Game & Watch Gallery 2
Game & Watch Gallery 3
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Spot (7-Up Cool Spot)
Battletoads

Total price paid for all those GB/GBC games AND the bongos

$19.14
fox099
64-bit

Post by fox099 »

holy cow!!!!

molotovwars wrote:Oh man did I get a Gamestop clearout deal today!!!

So I head out to this gamestop in West Baltimore to pick up a PS2 network adapter to make a quick $35, but I get there and I guess they didn't have it. Disappointed, but I looked around and saw a tower of brand new in the box DK Bongos. I did a price check and they came up as only $0.99 cents. I bought 4 sets and maybe consider going back to buy the rest. Then here is where it gets good. I was looking at the GB/GBC games in the display case and there was one in the back that was hard to see. It was a Dragon Warrior game but I couldn't see which one, so when I asked him if there was a way he could pull out the games so I could look at them all. He handed me this cardboard box FULL of GB/GBC games. Somehow this store hadn't been cleared out yet. I looked through the box and got 19 games (and now that I've consulted vgpc I'll probably swing by to grab a few stragglers.

So the 19 games I got were:

Mega Man X
Mega Man X 2 (mint cartridge)
Mega Man 5 (mint cartridge)
Pokemon Crystal
Zelda: Links Awakening DX (x2)
Zelda: Oracle of Ages (x2)
Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Harvest Moon 3
Kirby's Dream Land
Game & Watch Gallery 2
Game & Watch Gallery 3
Pokemon Trading Card Game
Dragon Warrior III
Dragon Warrior Monsters 2: Tara's Adventure
Super Mario Bros. Deluxe
Spot (7-Up Cool Spot)
Battletoads

Total price paid for all those GB/GBC games AND the bongos

$19.14
Consoles Owned: Nintendo SNES, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GBA, Sony PSX, PS2, PS3, Sega Master, Microsoft XBox
molotovwars
Next-Gen

Post by molotovwars »

I went to another gamestop after making that post, and was able to get a network adapter. I paid with a $20, and after getting my $4.11 change, I looked down at my feet and found a $20 someone had dropped. So basically I got a free network adapter (to ebay) and $4.11 for my troubles.
Ack

Post by Ack »

molotovwars wrote:I went to another gamestop after making that post, and was able to get a network adapter. I paid with a $20, and after getting my $4.11 change, I looked down at my feet and found a $20 someone had dropped. So basically I got a free network adapter (to ebay) and $4.11 for my troubles.

I said it before, I'll say it again.

You, sir, fucking suck.