Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
stickem
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by stickem »

As a sega cd title, I'm pleased with it. You could do worse. Only beat it with the beast myself.
pierrot
Next-Gen

Post by pierrot »

I'm pretty sure I went with Ninja my first time. Also played through as the Knight, and I want to say Monk and/or Beast, but I'm not sure anymore. I remember going through the final dungeon and last couple bosses with the Beast, but nothing else. It's been too long since I last played it, apparently. Still would, though.
ZRofel
24-bit

Post by ZRofel »

BoneSnapDeez wrote:
ZRofel wrote:Xak, PC Engine, CIB

Best thing on the list. Amazing stuff.

Good to know. I really only grabbed that because it was something I'd heard of and he let it go for $5. Is there an English patch for this anywhere? I feel like it'll be a little tricky to muddle through in Japanese.

As for Dungeon Explorer, I almost put that one back, but he let it go so, so cheap, and I knew I'd never find it that low again. I've only really dabbled in the series before, and I've heard the Sega CD version is kind of the black sheep. Good to know it's got some fans!

My friend's bulk buyer fell through, so right now I'm really struggling to not go back and grab a bunch more stuff. He had some awesome items like Panzer Dragoon Saga, Bonk 3, Survival Kids, and Golden Axe Warrior, but even at 50% off of eBay prices I don't think I can justify spending that much on just a few games.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

I had a couple of neat finds recently:

Batman (Genesis; CIB) - $27
C.O.R.E. (Nintendo DS; CIB) - $9

The Genesis version of the Sunsoft Batman game is, apparently, pretty hard to find, and CIB copies are usually $100+. Accordingly, I jumped on a copy for $27 as soon as I saw it. I picked up C.O.R.E. because it looks pretty cool; I’d never heard of it; and it was inexpensive. It was published by Graffiti, which published a few other hard to find games for the NDS and Wii. (If you see a CIB copy of Shepherd’s Crossing 2 for the NDS, jump on it.) My gamble paid off since it appears that CIB copies of this game, when they come up for auction also sell for $100+.

Lucky me! (I grabbed a few other things too, but those deals weren’t quite as good. Specifically, I got Fatal Fury Special, completing my collection of SNES Neo Geo ports. I also grabbed Crazy Chase, a GBA port of a SNES game that I didn’t know existed until today, Broken Sword for the NDS, and Yggdra Union for the PSP.)
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:I had a couple of neat finds recently:

Batman (Genesis; CIB) - $27
C.O.R.E. (Nintendo DS; CIB) - $9

The Genesis version of the Sunsoft Batman game is, apparently, pretty hard to find, and CIB copies are usually $100+. Accordingly, I jumped on a copy for $27 as soon as I saw it. I picked up C.O.R.E. because it looks pretty cool; I’d never heard of it; and it was inexpensive. It was published by Graffiti, which published a few other hard to find games for the NDS and Wii. (If you see a CIB copy of Shepherd’s Crossing 2 for the NDS, jump on it.) My gamble paid off since it appears that CIB copies of this game, when they come up for auction also sell for $100+.

Lucky me! (I grabbed a few other things too, but those deals weren’t quite as good. Specifically, I got Fatal Fury Special, completing my collection of SNES Neo Geo ports. I also grabbed Crazy Chase, a GBA port of a SNES game that I didn’t know existed until today, Broken Sword for the NDS, and Yggdra Union for the PSP.)

What? Genesis Batman goes for $100 now? I never expected that. Did Genesis games start getting expensive? Because I bought up truckloads of them when they were worthless.

By the way, it's a cool game. I remember talking about Genesis Batman on this forum years ago.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

They do if they’re complete and in good shape. Bare carts still aren’t worth all that much. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) for me, back when the games were much cheaper, I made the decision to collect only CB and CIB Genesis games. That means my collection has certainly appreciated, but it makes completing it a lot more expensive... :?
samsonlonghair
Next-Gen
Location: Now: Newport News, VA. Formerly: Richmond. Before that: Near the WV/VA border

Post by samsonlonghair »

prfsnl_gmr wrote:They do if they’re complete and in good shape. Bare carts still aren’t worth all that much. Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it) for me, back when the games were much cheaper, I made the decision to collect only CB and CIB Genesis games. That means my collection has certainly appreciated, but it makes completing it a lot more expensive... :?

Yeah, I made the same decision. Almost all of my Genesis games have the box, and most of them have the manual too.
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

Niiiiice!
prfsnl_gmr
Next-Gen

Post by prfsnl_gmr »

So, I stopped by a local bookstore on the way home from work today, and in the FREE bin outside, I found:

Classic Home Video Games 1972-1984 by Brett Weiss
The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers by J.W. Szczepaniak
The Untold History of Japanese Game Developers Vol. 2 by J.W. Szczepaniak
Phoenix: The Fall & Rise of Home Videogames by Leonard Herman
Confessions of the Game Doctor by Bill Kunkel
Videogames in the Beginning by Ralph Baer
Down from its Top: The Story of Infocom by Hector Briceno, et al.

Again...all of this was free. I am pumped! :D
marurun

Post by marurun »

Maybe read my reviews of those two Untold Histories books first, so you know what you’re getting into
Dope Pope on a Rope
B/S/T thread
My Classic Games Collection
My Steam Profile
The PC Engine Software Bible Forum, with Shoutbox chat - the new Internet home for PC Engine fandom.