Tony Hawk 2 and Spyro for original PS1
Timesplitters 2 for PS2
God of War Collection for PS3

Cost:
$11.50

Found at:
Thrift Store

Contents:
SNES (minimal yellowing around controller ports)
NES
no cables, controllers, or games for either

Cost:
$10

Found at:
other Thrift Store
Ziggy

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by Ziggy »

WTF, I'd love to find "as-is" Nintendo consoles for $5! All the thrift stores around me, if you found one it would be "untested, as-is" with no cables but like $50.

Nice haul! :D
Anayo
Next-Gen

Post by Anayo »

Ziggy587 wrote:WTF, I'd love to find "as-is" Nintendo consoles for $5! All the thrift stores around me, if you found one it would be "untested, as-is" with no cables but like $50.

Nice haul! :D

The lady working there was convinced that they weren't worth anything without controllers, cables, or games. This whole thrifting thing really seems to rely on whoever's in charge of local pricing.

Take a different thrift store in my area, for instance. There, they charge eBay prices for systems and games (eg. $25 for a filthy model 1 Sega Genesis with no video cable or games), but they don't expect people to pay much for lone cables and controllers (eg. $5 for XBOX 360 and PS3 controllers)
Tanooki
Next-Gen

Post by Tanooki »

Wish I could find an untested let alone just a tested one loose or not around here for above ebay. I got this sweet box over the weekend (action set) that it would go nicely with.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

I got these three DS games in the mail over the last few days. I got them from a website called Glyde[dot]com. I recommend it all the time to people. I’m pretty sure they came from different sellers across the country, but these are well taken care of. Total damage to my wallet was $33.07, and it had free shipping. I’m excited to have these because we all know how hard it is to get DS games complete lately without paying an arm or a leg.
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
Betagam7
128-bit

Post by Betagam7 »

flojocabron wrote:we all know how hard it is to get DS games complete lately without paying an arm or a leg.

We do? While I can believe just about anything these days when it comes to overnight videogame inflation, wasn't it only a few years ago that DS games were the videogame equivalent of VHS cassettes in charity shops? A cursory glance at Ebay doesn't seem to be highlighting any sudden price rise in DS games to me so I'm confused as to whether or not this is a country specific thing...

to paraphrase My Life in Gaming: "What sort of monster collects loose DS carts?"
Thierry Henry
Next-Gen

Post by Thierry Henry »

Was passing by a thrift store the other day and picked up a couple items,

"There are three kinds of suns in Missouri: Sunshines, sunflowers, and sons-of-bitches"
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Pacman Arcade Sign - 24.99 $12.50 + Shipping + Tax = $20.48
At Atari Age, a member there bought a metal Arcade sign almost appears as a light up neon. I searched the Hobby Lobby site and bought one myself. Could have bought the retro 80s style sign local to avoid shipping, but not sure if in stock or would have the online sale price.

http://www.hobbylobby.com/Home-Decor-Frames/Metal-Decor/Arcade-Pac-Man-Metal-Sign/p/80828293

:mrgreen: Almost two foot wide! Dimensions: Height 7 1/4" x Width 20" x Projection 3/16"

Silverfleet wrote:http://atariage.com/forums/topic/18190-the-official-thrift-finds-thread/page-622#entry3841279

The "Arcade" sign was cheating; found that at a Hobby Lobby and used a 40% off coupon the wife had.

CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

Thierry Henry wrote:Was passing by a thrift store the other day and picked up a couple items,

That little famiclone is super cute!! Lol

@crt: That arcade sign is awesome, I kinda want to check out my local hobby lobby to see if they have one.
fastbilly1
Site Admin

Post by fastbilly1 »

CH Products Virtual Pilot Pro USB - $1
Garage sale find. They claimed it didnt work, but it mounted in 10 and need to be calibrated.

Flew in xplane with my CH Products rudder pedals. It was awesome and well worth the $1.
Not a picture of mine