Video Game "Look what I found"

Post deals, brag about finds, etc.
CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Re: Video Game "Look what I found"

Post by CRTGAMER »

Video Game Finds
Swap Meet Picks!

I went nuts at the Swap Meet and found all kinds of crazy stuff. Once a month the Swap Meet encourages sellers to bring out electronic devices. My favorite day of the month!

Sears DieHard Battery - $2.00
Wait, what? I had to get this just for the stares to the car show. Game related for a game case carrier. Oh and maybe use as a cooler too.

Shopmate Solder Gun SG-125B- $5.00 :shock:
Speaking of Car Show, here is a beauty that reminds me of a 57 chevy. The blue matching power cord, the gun even looks like the Tail Fin!

Diehard Battery Cooler - Shopmate Soldering Gun SG-125B.jpg
Diehard Battery Cooler - Shopmate Soldering Gun SG-125B.jpg (235.55 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

I bought the Solder Gun from an older guy, told me he had it for years. From looking at the design and the seller's story, the vintage must be 1950s, 60s or 70s at the very latest. Amazed of the condition and quality for such a great classic tool. I have admiration for the seller who had the gun for so long and assured him I will take good care of her and use it on home solder mod projects. A 125 Watt Solder gun and it works, even the light works! 8)

Oh wait, look what all came inside the cooler!
Diehard Cooler Surprise.jpg
Diehard Cooler Surprise.jpg (252.12 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

N64 Super Pad - $5.00
A third party controller that is very well made. Nice layout of the buttons, Programmable Auto Turbo Fire and a STEEL Shaft in the Analog stick! 8)

Serial Mouse and PS/2 Adaptors - All $2.00
A spare adaptor for my Keningston Serial Trakball. Also spare adaptors for future mods.

Atari 7800 Flashback - $5.00
I already have Flashback 2, but why not at this price. The emulation is not really as bad as all the reviews state. Not perfect but still very playable. Besides, there is a rare 7800 game in it call Planet Smashers.

Atari 7800 Flashback.jpg
Atari 7800 Flashback.jpg (167.46 KiB) Viewed 1127 times

Mac Keyboard - $5.00
Okay so it didn't fit inside the cooler, still bought on the same day. I'm collecting these like stamps! This time fully functioning.

Six Volt Power Adaptor - $1.00
Perfect for the portable listed below, a simple lop off the end and solder a smaller plug.

NES Dr Mario - $2.00
Any Mario game for only two bucks is definitely a good price! :D

FC Mobile Twin II - $5.00
A portable NES, No kidding only five bucks! Seller originally wanted ten and it was missing the add on wireless controllers. Who cares, the main module for an unbelievable price! :mrgreen:

Reviewed here: viewtopic.php?f=52&p=578865#p578865

More Stuff in the Next reply.
Last edited by CRTGAMER on Tue Mar 20, 2012 1:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

CRTGAMER
Next-Gen

Post by CRTGAMER »

Radica Tetris PlugnPlay - $2.00
This falls under the category of hard to use but so ultra geeky and very cool controllers. I look at this and just smile, its up there with the Ninja Turtles DVD player I bought at a Swap Meet last year. :mrgreen:

Gamer Limit wrote:http://gamerlimit.com/2009/07/retrostyle-radica-tetris-in-pictures/

For some of us, Tetris was our Pong, or Space Invaders. We can remember sitting on our Gameboys, or NES’s, and playing it for hours. This piece of licensed plastic is possibly the closest thing that comes to replicating that experience, outside of going back in time and buying a first generation gameboy. Or hitting eBay of course.

ImageImage
Tetris Radica.jpg
Tetris Radica.jpg (144.16 KiB) Viewed 1129 times

Atari Arcade Hits 1 and 2 - Both at $1.00
Already have Mame, but why not. Unlike later compilations these have an upgraded graphic mode and extra history trivia built on the discs. :D

Atari Arcade Hits Set.jpg
Atari Arcade Hits Set.jpg (113.64 KiB) Viewed 1129 times

NEC LCD1560NX Monitor - $10.00 :shock:
Yes only ten bucks! As mentioned earlier an electronics themed swap meet once a month. There are reclaim resellers who bring stacks of used monitors and computers and sell them cheap.

In addition to SVGA, the monitor also has DVI which means any HDMI component can plug right in. Only a 15 inch, but this is perfect for a few reasons.

1. An extended Desktop for the Win 7 laptop.
2. 4:3 screen to play older non wide screen PC games.
3. A quick spare Monitor when a relative brings a desktop for me to work on.
4. Transportable backup if my laptop screen ever dies out. Still needs an AC outlet, but compact and easy to setup. Starbucks has plenty of wall outlets.

Sometimes I spend hours at the coffee house. Hey, at least I have not decided to bring the cooler yet. :lol:

NEC LCD1506NX 15 Inch.jpg
NEC LCD1506NX 15 Inch.jpg (247.23 KiB) Viewed 1129 times
CRT vs LCD - Hardware Mods - HDAdvance - Custom Controllers - Game Storage - Wii Gamecube and other Guides:
CRTGAMER Guides in Board Guides Index: http://www.racketboy.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1109425#p1109425

retrozombieslayer
8-bit

Post by retrozombieslayer »

Super Smash Bros. Melee at GameStop for $2.99
NES, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, Xbox 360, PS1, PS2, PSP, DS Lite, DSi, GB, GBA SP, Dreamcast, and 2600.

My spooktacular blog:
http://horrorshowspooktacular.blogspot.com/
BoringSupreez
Next-Gen

Post by BoringSupreez »

retrozombieslayer wrote:Super Smash Bros. Melee at GameStop for $2.99

How did you do that?
prfsnl_gmr wrote:There is nothing feigned about it. What I wrote is a display of actual moral superiority.
ExedExes
Next-Gen

Post by ExedExes »

For the record, American Pickers FTW
Xeogred wrote:The obvious answer is that it's time for the Dreamcast 2.
flojocabron
Next-Gen

Post by flojocabron »

nice stuff crtgamer!

I got some okay stuff too.

Wario Plushie $2.00

LCD game "mario's cement factory" $1.00 new in box

Star Wars Dark Forces PS1 no booklet $1.00

Final Fantasy VIII Strategy Guide $2.00

Mario Kart Wii Strategy Guide $2.00

Childrens book "Jackie And The Shadow Snatcher" $1.00, it had a comicbook look to it and for a buck was an okay price.
SDC15422 (Medium).JPG
SDC15422 (Medium).JPG (61.02 KiB) Viewed 1043 times
2600 and jr,5200,nes/top loader, master system, intellivision, TG-16, genesis 1,2,3, SNES, snesJR, CDX, 3DOfz10, gamegear, gameboy and pocket, GBC, sega saturn, PSOne w/screen, Virtual Boy, N64, NGPC, Gameboy Advance sp, Dreamcast, Black Dreamcast, oXBOX, Playstation 2, PStwo, Gamecube, gameboy player, DS lite,DSi XL, PSP1000/3000,Wii,PS3 120gb,3DSXL, xbox 360, PSvita, PS4
harper
Next-Gen

Post by harper »

BoringSupreez wrote:
retrozombieslayer wrote:Super Smash Bros. Melee at GameStop for $2.99

How did you do that?

Seriously.
AppleQueso

Post by AppleQueso »

Got Banjo-Kazooie and Atari Combat CIB as freebies.
sbk
64-bit

Post by sbk »

About a month and a half ago I walked into my local Play N Trade right after a trade in had happen. I saw it was a bunch of Sega CD games sitting behind the counter so I asked to check it out. There was alot of good stuff. I was then informed that the deal is not completed yet. I asked if I could put my name on some of the stuff and be called when the deal is done. They said yes so I finished up and left. I waited a week and called back (they had forgotten to call me before on stuff so I wanted to make sure I got it.) and I was informed that the lady who brought the stuff in hadn'r been back in. Apparently her phone number she left was disconected. I waited another week and called again. Same thing. Waited another week and called again. The guy told me after a month it is considered abandoned but they ussually wait two months just in case. Fuck I want these games. Then finnally they called me. I went and picked it up today. Heres what I got:

SNES
Super Metroid CIB Mint!- $45

NES
King's Knight cart only Free
Kid Niki in box no manual Free
Vindicators CIB but very rough box Free
Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom Tengen cart only Free

PS1
Xenogears CIB $13

N64
Duke Nukem 64 CIB $5
Mega Man 64 CIB $15

Sega CD all CIB no cracks or broken hinges.
Night Trap cardoboard box so I think it is the 2nd release. $9
Dragon's Lair $12
Space Ace $9
Ecco The Tides of Time $11
Dark Wizard $9
Mansions of the Hidden Souls $5
Vay with map =] $5
Cadillac's and Dinosaurs The Second Cataclysms $9
Panic! $5
Mary Shellby's Frankenstein/ Bram Stoker's Dracula Double Deal $5

I will be making a video of it soon to show off the condition. Untill then here is some pictures!
Attachments
2012-03-21_01.18.20.jpg
2012-03-21_01.18.20.jpg (77.18 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
2012-03-21_01.20.30.jpg
2012-03-21_01.20.30.jpg (83.19 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
2012-03-21_01.20.01.jpg
2012-03-21_01.20.01.jpg (78.41 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Cody_D165
24-bit

Post by Cody_D165 »

Very cool, wish I could find some SCD games in that condition. I just got my CD working again so I'd love to have something other than Sonic CD to play :P
Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one who loves the Nintendo e-Reader.

I'm learning to make chiptune music in my spare time :P Check out my Soundcloud!
http://soundcloud.com/eight-badges